Make Karma "Depositable" into player Shared Bank

in Suggestions

Posted by: fruitlewps.7938

fruitlewps.7938

Karma is great. But you can accumulate a lot of it and be left with not using it if you start playing another character. I suggest letting us deposit it into our Shared Bank so that we can withdraw it with a different character.

Some recipes are soul bound when purchased, but cost Karma, and if we have an Alt that is used for crafting, this can be difficult.

It’s used as a currency now as it is, can we treat it like coin (copper, silver, gold)?

(edited by fruitlewps.7938)

in Suggestions

Posted by: MilitiaMasterV.7216

MilitiaMasterV.7216

I like to think of karma as your ‘reputation’. It’s how well the locals ‘know you and your deeds’.

Transferring that to another character seems like it would be wrong. How are those locals supposed to know about your other character you transferred it to?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Cameirus.8407

Cameirus.8407

I’d love to be able to do this.

in Suggestions

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

I like to think of karma as your ‘reputation’. It’s how well the locals ‘know you and your deeds’.

Transferring that to another character seems like it would be wrong. How are those locals supposed to know about your other character you transferred it to?

This.

Karma is only a “currency” in terms of game mechanics so that we players who don’t actually live in Tyria can track via number how many favors the various people of tyria owe us.

Basically, karma is a way-cooler version of soulbound quest rewards in more traditional question models, Only in this game you can actually save it up for really awesome stuff rather than vendoring all the incremental and useless stuff you get.

Don’t think of karma as a literal currency. Your character doesn’t hand little purple tokens to the karma vendor. The karma vendor sees your character and recognizes what an awesome hero you are, and gives you stuff because of that. You lose some awesome points (petition: rename karma to awesome points) when collecting because… well… mooching off of people is kinda lame.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

in Suggestions

Posted by: RaZaC.1963

RaZaC.1963

so if i spend all my karma… no one knows me anymore ? karma is a K I T T E N!

I’d love the option since i play lots of charaters at the same time so i have it spread across them, if i’d be able to transfer it from other toons to my main that would be great

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kethian.4259

Kethian.4259

Naaah… Bad idea. There are too many high-end items for karma. Deserve it. Not by playing 5 characters to wear 1 up.

in Suggestions

RaZaC.1963

Naaah… Bad idea. There are too many high-end items for karma. Deserve it. Not by playing 5 characters to wear 1 up.

Really dont get it, what does it matter if i get it by playing 1 or 5 chars? 5 chars might even take longer because you’ll spend more time in low level area’s where the karma rewards are lower then 1 character farming karma on 80.

in Suggestions

PopeUrban.2578

I’d love the option since i play lots of charaters at the same time so i have it spread across them, if i’d be able to transfer it from other toons to my main that would be great

Maybe with a big diminishing return/cost, be able to write a “letter of reccommendation”

I mention this because in EOTN they added the ability to craft stars of transferrence, which were pretty expensive to make on your main, but allowed you to transfer skill points to another character, you just needed to use a skill point, some crafting materials, and some gold.

A “letter of reccomendation” would be a more thematic version of that. Your awesome well known guy (lots of karma) writes a letter telling people they should help out your fresh-off-the-boat total novice. You pay gold to have it “notorized” and need to spend maybe 20% more karma than the listed amount (because earning your own karma should always be the best option, and a letter from Mr. Awesome is never as effective as being Mr. Awesome.)

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory

in Suggestions

RaZaC.1963

I really love your idea PopeUrban i’m feeling all fuzzy inside now ,.

But seriously its a great idea to fit it in the lore!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kethian.4259

Kethian.4259

Really dont get it, what does it matter if i get it by playing 1 or 5 chars? 5 chars might even take longer because you’ll spend more time in low level area’s where the karma rewards are lower then 1 character farming karma on 80.

I’ll just use example.
Yesterday I’ve seen most amazing light armor set. It costed 42k karma per piece, and it is available only after defeating high priestess in Orr. You want? Help the pact fighting the Orr. When You make events in high-end realms You can earn it pretty quickly.

in Suggestions

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

As much as I’d love to see this sometimes, this:

Is the truth.

We’ll have to get used to it, and cope. Unlike gold, Karma gets the character what the character deserves.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

in Suggestions

PopeUrban.2578

Maybe have them mailed on creation, but limit how many you can write pretty heavily. Like… one per month or something?

Basically I like the idea of being able to ‘reccommend’ some new person who you just bought the game for with a nice ingame item and email they can hand to and NPC, but I don’t like the idea of people turning these in to a trade commodity on the AH.

Say I get GW2 for my girlfriend, and she logs in on the second day with an ingame email that says to go pick up a package from NPC X (maybe a heart vendor I have already completed) So now she has a little mini-quest created by me, with my karma to go pick up this letter. The NPC gives a short dialogue about how she’s been spoken of highly by <insert hero name> and how any friend of <insert hero name> is a friend of <insert karma vendor name>

So, my girlfriend gets X amount of karma, as well as the ability to use this karma merchant before actually completing the heart.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Solitaire.3680

Solitaire.3680

I like that Karma should be account bound also. A lot of other things are also which don’t necessarily make sense in the universe. But they have made a big deal about things being account wide like guilds.. if I joined a guild on one character all of a sudden all of them are in it? How does that make sense lore wise? You could go on.. like you can craft an item for your legendary weapon on another character supposedly but legendaries are supposed to be some big thing that your character has accomplished him/herself. Karma would definitely be worthwhile to do that with or even just have a “pool” of karma that all characters can contribute too on your account.

in Suggestions

RaZaC.1963

I’ll just use example.
Yesterday I’ve seen most amazing light armor set. It costed 42k karma per piece, and it is available only after defeating high priestess in Orr. You want? Help the pact fighting the Orr. When You make events in high-end realms You can earn it pretty quickly.

So what about it if i use karma from other characters i have played on before? I mean all the people know i’m a hero after doing that great deed right? Now if i reseave karma from other characters in order to get that set of armor i dont see how that breaks the lore.

The thing that actually breaks the lore is having to do karma farming… Imagine Tyra being a real world, people whould give you the armor because of saving their K I T T E N S, now they send you to go do the run “x” time more…

in Suggestions

Posted by: dux.8720

dux.8720

karma is like reputation? heh that`s new to me, must be like honor is honor in wow.

i treat it as currency. why have to deposit it to a bank? just make it accessible account wide.

in Suggestions

RaZaC.1963

Maybe have them mailed on creation, but limit how many you can write pretty heavily. Like… one per month or something?

Basically I like the idea of being able to ‘reccommend’ some new person who you just bought the game for with a nice ingame item and email they can hand to and NPC, but I don’t like the idea of people turning these in to a trade commodity on the AH.

Say I get GW2 for my girlfriend, and she logs in on the second day with an ingame email that says to go pick up a package from NPC X (maybe a heart vendor I have already completed) So now she has a little mini-quest created by me, with my karma to go pick up this letter. The NPC gives a short dialogue about how she’s been spoken of highly by <insert hero name> and how any friend of <insert hero name> is a friend of <insert karma vendor name>

So, my girlfriend gets X amount of karma, as well as the ability to use this karma merchant before actually completing the heart.

I love the concept but i’d like to make it more practical as in being able to do it once a day. This would also fit into the game better since a month in guild wars 2 is roughly one year(1). I think my hero would be able to send some more letters of recommandation in that time

(1) 2 hours day cycle in guild wars results in:
1 month = 30 days, 1 day irl = 24 hours = 11 day’s in gw, multiply that with 30 = 360 gw days.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kristov.6724

Kristov.6724

Nah, they know you… they just start to think you’re a moocher and are reticent to give you any more crap until you earn more.