Make commander tag account bound?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jink Bonestealer.9274

Jink Bonestealer.9274

I would really like to see the commander tag made account bound, not soulbound.

Edit: Adding the suggestion that the tag switches the character display name to the account name.

Leader of the Wind Riders [WIND]
I support Tengu as a playable race.

(edited by Jink Bonestealer.9274)

in Suggestions

Posted by: LoreChief.8391

LoreChief.8391

I can understand why it is not account-bound. If you are a well-known kittenty WvW commander, and people say “HEY! Don’t listen to Jink Bonestealer! He’s a troll commander!”, and you get to the point where the troll commander is no longer listened to – it would be pretty stupid if all they had to do was go on a different alt and try doing the same thing again.

I vote to keep the cost to prevent further trolling from unqualifed commanders.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Gabby.3205

Gabby.3205

I wonder if WvW will ever be alt-friendly. I guess not.

The commander is the player, not the character. I think the benefit that making the tag account bound would bring to good commanders surpass the annoyance that troll commanders might be (though I never saw one, to be honest).

Tarnished Coast
Astrid Strongheart, Norn Ranger.
“I wish juvenile wolves were bigger”

in Suggestions

Posted by: LoreChief.8391

LoreChief.8391

I am all for wvw alt-friendliness. I don’t agree with OP’s idea though. The only way it would make sense was if turning on the Commander tag automatically changed your display name to your account name. That way when troll Commander Gabby decides to switch to another alt, and troll with them as the commander instead, it still says “Commander Gabby”. If OP amends this to their original submission I would support it.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Doobie.4795

Doobie.4795

I agree with having account bound commander title.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Gabby.3205

Gabby.3205

I am all for wvw alt-friendliness. I don’t agree with OP’s idea though. The only way it would make sense was if turning on the Commander tag automatically changed your display name to your account name. That way when troll Commander Gabby decides to switch to another alt, and troll with them as the commander instead, it still says “Commander Gabby”. If OP amends this to their original submission I would support it.

Ohh lovely idea. I like your idea better, really. It solves the problem.
+1

Tarnished Coast
Astrid Strongheart, Norn Ranger.
“I wish juvenile wolves were bigger”

in Suggestions

Posted by: Neek.9531

Neek.9531

Yeah i agree it should go to your account name with your 4 digit code as well. And for the love of god!!!! Please make wvw traits resettable with badges of honor and allow world rank to be across all toons.

[DI] Main Elementalist: Zepdo, Alts: Warrior, Mesmer,Thief.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mel.8769

Mel.8769

This is a great solution. I know lots of good commanders that I believe should be able to switch toons (especially when doing so in support of the group) and keep their tag.

+1 for account bound commander tags
+1 for commander tags displaying account name

Common sense is a flower that doesn’t grow in everyone’s garden. -Unknown