Make it easier 2 see someone cappin WvW ruins

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ruru.1302

Ruru.1302

Basically, what i am suggesting is that while a server is capping a ruin point in WvW, the light changes above it. As it stands now, while 1 server is capping a ruin pt, there are no crossed swords on the minimap. What this change will do is that it will let roamers like me spot potential bags across the horizon. Look at the link for more details.

tl;dr make it easier for me to spots noobs to gank in the ruins

http://imgur.com/a/G6wVo

mag
[Mada] Apocryfia

in Suggestions

Posted by: Alphabet.7392

Alphabet.7392

I too, second this.

HoD
Lyyneheim

in Suggestions

Posted by: Talissa Chan.7208

Talissa Chan.7208

I spent 3 hours as a thief capping those bloody things to get the 50 for meta. That would have been impossible with a light that says “Hey! free lootbag!” I had a hell of a frustrating time as it was dodging the gankers that infest that place even during Oceanic hours. Would you also like lights to flash on exactly which gate is being ninja’d on keeps?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ruru.1302

Ruru.1302

I spent 3 hours as a thief capping those bloody things to get the 50 for meta. That would have been impossible with a light that says “Hey! free lootbag!” I had a hell of a frustrating time as it was dodging the gankers that infest that place even during Oceanic hours. Would you also like lights to flash on exactly which gate is being ninja’d on keeps?

So why didn’t u kill the gankers? I mean if there were like 3 of them ya you would die but if it was a solo ganker there was no reason why u shouldnt have killed him. There are also crossed swords on the objective which is being ninja’d. There is no crossed swords for ruins being capped.

Edit: Also, that’s the whole point of this suggestion. To make it harder for people to cap ruins.

mag
[Mada] Apocryfia

(edited by Ruru.1302)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Teraphas.6210

Teraphas.6210

I personally would go for something subtle as to not to be so noticeable it draws the whole map to you like swords.

Go with the pillar of light dims(width maybe? Wider when fully caped needle thin when about to decap) this way you can tell a little more about the status but would require looking at the game and not the map. It would also serve as a clue to if that node is about to decap or is strongly held.

You can’t spell Slaughter without Laughter