Map Completion Suggestion

in Suggestions

Posted by: EvangalineLafae.7314

EvangalineLafae.7314

Does anyone else feel like map completion should NOT include WvW areas? Personally, I hate WvW. Getting chased down by opposing players and repeatedly teabagged is not the reason I play this game. Though it is the reason I do not ever participate in WvW. But, unfortunately, at this point, if I want map completion, I have to deal with that. I feel like completing WvW areas should be a separate achievement entirely.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

You won’t get much support for this. The same people that tea-bag you are the ones who will scream against it the most.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

This has been done to death already. Probably not going to change, so man up and get it done. Starting locations on each map rotate weekly, so in 3 weeks you should be able to finish it easily, if you don’t want to do it the hard way.

Also, there are web based maps which show points that your realm holds at the moment. Should help too.

One – Piken Square

in Suggestions

Posted by: Silvercyclone.1462

Silvercyclone.1462

I’m all for taking WvW out of the map completion. I’m sure it really sucks being in 3rd place on a server and not being able to get a few of the stuff week after week cause the other 2 take over the whole map. Also the color rotations don’t happen every week like they r supposed to. Ive been in a server where we were green for 2 months. I’m sure every person who says to stop QQing and man up is on a server that is 1st in their tier. This is a growing problem thats only getting worse because ppl have no choice but to change servers to get their map completion.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Aerlen.5326

Aerlen.5326

PLEASE REMOVE IT

Either that or add a freaking no combat tag where people who have no interest in jerks and their kittens can just go there, get the freaking map completion and leave without being able to be attacked or able attack anyone else. I have to go in there naked, unarmed, and alone and I still get no life jerks who gang pile me for a kill – I’m not even freaking armed! Plus, I’m taking a space on the server that could be filled by someone who actually wants to play wvw – my own server blames world completionists for losing in wvw because they can’t get in. Not my fault! Blame Anet’s poor design!

I don’t give two kittens about wvw, why the heck am I forced to go through it if I want world completion for PVE? What’s next, needing PVP points for world completion?

~Tarnished Coast Pride~

Forever known as “that slow guardian who can’t jump worth crap”.

(edited by Aerlen.5326)

in Suggestions

Posted by: roachsrealm.9284

roachsrealm.9284

It sucks, for sure. It’s also, unfortunately, the way things are. It took me months to finish it, but I checked every other day or so and when I had the time and opportunity, took that point that I needed that day. If you can rally some people behind you to help you out, you may even contribute to your server’s fight.

If you do this often enough, you may even have some fun by accident in the process.

Smitten Mittens (The Gothic Embrace [Goth], Fort Aspenwood)

in Suggestions

Posted by: WrayWray.8596

WrayWray.8596

This has been done to death already. Probably not going to change, so man up and get it done. Starting locations on each map rotate weekly, so in 3 weeks you should be able to finish it easily, if you don’t want to do it the hard way.

Also, there are web based maps which show points that your realm holds at the moment. Should help too.

That would be true if the colors/starting locations DID rotate. But they DON’T. Anvil Rock hasn’t had green since the middle of March. 25 weeks!! Always blue, sometimes red, but never green.

Pardric Trueshot
Anvil Rock
The Rangers Table [TRT]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Duran.3196

Duran.3196

My talking…

I have some friends as well hating WvW, and hating doing WvW for map completition.

Best way would be moving WvW entirely to PvP or creating something special for WvW, so it counts neither to PvP nor to PvE.

That includes getting map completition out of there.

There are in fact other reasons as well, why WvW shouldnt be in PvE, e.g. Skill-Balance: skills that got nerfed into oblivion thx to WvW being useless in PvE now.

#ELEtism

in Suggestions

Posted by: CreativeAnarchy.6324

CreativeAnarchy.6324

I’m fine with map completion as it is.

I don’t want to do PvE maps for my map completion but I sucked it up and did it anyway. Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooring.

I speak for my self and no one else. Only fools believe they speak for a majority.

in Suggestions

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

I agree that map completion should not include WvW. I have done that and I like it ok, but ya, I am not a PvP’er, so if I get separated from the group I die. I have never tried to get vistas and stuff because I don’t want to die trying. I’m leaving that part until last. I’m at 78% so it’s gotta be done soon

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

in Suggestions

Tom Gore.4035

That would be true if the colors/starting locations DID rotate. But they DON’T. Anvil Rock hasn’t had green since the middle of March. 25 weeks!! Always blue, sometimes red, but never green.

Well that sucks. Guess you’ll have to gather a group and take those objectives by force.

One – Piken Square

in Suggestions

Posted by: Frostfang.5109

Frostfang.5109

I have done 100% map completion and I only will with one character because of this matter. WvW maps should not be necesary for PvE map completion.

Kima & Co

in Suggestions

Tom Gore.4035

I have done 100% map completion and I only will with one character because of this matter. WvW maps should not be necesary for PvE map completion.

They are most certainly not required for PvE map completion.

One – Piken Square

in Suggestions

Posted by: BLACKTHORNTK.5739

BLACKTHORNTK.5739

Yes I too don’t like wvw for 100% map complitions it’s because my server Borliss pass never get’s blue team and the far right hand map we always red 80% of the time and green the rest of the time. Maguuma tends to have blue allot when we fight them and there’s just to many area’s no one can take control so I been stuck with 2 poi and a vista for months now and I really want it done so I can craft my legendary finally. But i feel Arena net will not bother with this suggestions as they would rather have us pay 1000 gems to transfer to the server that has our poi/vista needed then causing us to wait a week before we can ever transfer back home costing another 1000 gems that’s a $25 transaction just to move servers to complete your mapping on a legendary. To me thats not fair to us gamers. I hope in a years run that Gw2 will finally have more maps out and not take them away like labrynthina or how ever that spelled and just include them new maps insted of WvW.

in Suggestions

Posted by: mXz.4512

mXz.4512

I’m sure for some people, like myself it begins to get personal when you’ve spent hours upon hours trying to get as far as possible in map completion only to have WvW left to do and people decide to gang up or block you from progressing further.

There’s enough length and tedious areas to get through alone without actual people messing with your progress.

I too feel like it should be removed.

Yes I’m a vet, yes I’m salty. Problem?

in Suggestions

Tom Gore.4035

I’m sure for some people, like myself it begins to get personal when you’ve spent hours upon hours trying to get as far as possible in map completion only to have WvW left to do and people decide to gang up or block you from progressing further.

There’s enough length and tedious areas to get through alone without actual people messing with your progress.

Good! If it starts feeling personal then channel that anger into rallying your server, crushing your enemy, seeing them driven before you and hearing the lamentation of their women!

You might find you like it… a lot

One – Piken Square

in Suggestions

mXz.4512

Good! If it starts feeling personal then channel that anger into rallying your server, crushing your enemy, seeing them driven before you and hearing the lamentation of their women!

You might find you like it… a lot

There’s nights when all I feel like is only progressing with the map completion. I don’t want anything to do with WvW or having to confront other players just to get a needed poi/vista/skill point. And I don’t know alot of people, regardless if I’m in a guild or not.

If I had the option, I wouldn’t even step a foot in WvW. So I’d rather it was completely removed from BL or EBG. It really kitten es me off, as it does other people.

in Suggestions

Posted by: DeShadowWolf.6854

DeShadowWolf.6854

They are most certainly not required for PvE map completion.

WvW maps are not required for 100%ing all of the PvE maps. WvW maps ARE required to get your 2 Gifts of Exploration.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

Step 1: Remove WvW maps from map completion.

Step 2: Add Southsun Cove to map completion, give it zone completion rewards, add vistas and skill challenges (but no hearts – I hate those things :P), and perhaps one more WP that doesn’t get contested (perhaps at Canach’s Folly).

Step 3: Heart of the Mists and WvW maps now have their own map completion meta reward, not Gifts of Explorations but other goodies to enjoy (glory, stacks of badges of honor, PvP skin boxes, Ascended crafting materials – all just suggestions with no balancing of rewards in mind).

Step 4: Expand Southsun’s zone to include the landmass east of the zone, and connect it via a second land portal from Sparkly Fen (there’s currently a path that would lead right there, and is blocked by a big boulder). Bring back the ship access to Lion Point.

Step 5: Bring back and expand Labyrinthing Cliffs, making it large enough to be accessed from Mount Maelstrom (there’s a path at Judgement Rock leading off the map at the corner, that can be used), giving it some PoI, Wps, events, skill challenges, and vistas. Finally add that to map completion.

Only Steps 1 and 2 are needed. 3, 4, and 5 are bonuses, mainly to make map completion roughly the same amount of work as present, and give a reason for map completion in WvW.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

(edited by Konig Des Todes.2086)

in Suggestions

mXz.4512

Step 1: Remove WvW maps from map completion.

Step 2: Add Southsun Cove to map completion, give it zone completion rewards, add vistas and skill challenges (but no hearts – I hate those things :P), and perhaps one more WP that doesn’t get contested (perhaps at Canach’s Folly).

Step 3: Heart of the Mists and WvW maps now have their own map completion meta reward, not Gifts of Explorations but other goodies to enjoy (glory, stacks of badges of honor, PvP skin boxes, Ascended crafting materials – all just suggestions with no balancing of rewards in mind).

Step 4: Expand Southsun’s zone to include the landmass east of the zone, and connect it via a second land portal from Sparkly Fen (there’s currently a path that would lead right there, and is blocked by a big boulder). Bring back the ship access to Lion Point.

Step 5: Bring back and expand Labyrinthing Cliffs, making it large enough to be accessed from Mount Maelstrom (there’s a path at Judgement Rock leading off the map at the corner, that can be used), giving it some PoI, Wps, events, skill challenges, and vistas. Finally add that to map completion.

Only Steps 1 and 2 are needed. 3, 4, and 5 are bonuses, mainly to make map completion roughly the same amount of work as present, and give a reason for map completion in WvW.

This sounds like the best alternative. Being pitted up against other people or overwhelming populated servers just to complete an already long and tedious task is completely jacked up.