Medium armor change please

in Suggestions

Posted by: Keirion.9105

Keirion.9105

I understand that in certain circumstances some thieves might want to wear coats. Personally, my male human thief prefers something that looks classy (don`t need to show any skin) but ends at the waist so it does not swish. Currently he uses tier 1 cultural for the shirt, which is one of the shortest pieces you can find for a thief and isn`t too bad.

Also, I honestly think any thief that tries to stealth in a heavy coat should have a 50% chance of it breaking on movement due to the sound.

As For those of you who are thinking AC for thief appearance, keep in mind you weren`t trying to be invisible in the wilderness but in public for the most part.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Teofa Tsavo.9863

Teofa Tsavo.9863

I deleted my Thief because I could not bear to have another medium armor wearing character.

Jackets, Vests, Tunics, Skirts please. I’m sick of looking like Carmen SanDiego.

GW1 had far more options.

And, can we, ONE TIME, debate armor with out the prudery and “in real life” commentary? It’s a game, people, and more choices, more options are good things.

Ley lines. The perfect solution to deadlines and writers block. Now in an easy open Can.

in Suggestions

Posted by: CETheLucid.3964

CETheLucid.3964

And, can we, ONE TIME, debate armor with out the prudery and “in real life” commentary? It’s a game, people, and more choices, more options are good things.

Agreed.

I personally like the trench/long coat looks they have, they’re awesome.

I felt such looks didn’t get enough love in GW1 until the tail end there (seriously, Rangers had got some really nice long coat armor in that game by EoTN, and that last halloween costume they did was sheer awesome).

But I’m not by any means opposed to more options.

As long as they don’t shaft the current thing they have going (as in please don’t quit making bad kitten long coat looks), I’m all in favor of them adding more options.

More options is always a good thing.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Acaelus Thorne.3862

Acaelus Thorne.3862

I’m okay with most of the medium armors/trench coats as a Ranger, but I don’t like some of the headgears. Masks are generally fine, but monocles and that half-skull thing are just weird on a Ranger. As for the level 80 crafted exotic armor…

http://www.gw2armor.com/human/male/crafted/medium/front.jpg

Yeah… the Shredder thing doesn’t seem like it’d suit any of the medium armor classes, IMO, but I guess there’s just no accounting for taste. :T

Speaking of the level 80 crafted exotic armor, they don’t look anything like the concept art. And here is my proof. http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/File:Armor_03_concept_art.jpg while is you look at the light armour and heavy armor, both look Exactly like the concept art.

in Suggestions

Posted by: MAGpie.7962

MAGpie.7962

Adding my support here! More Med-Armour!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Brewergamer.8357

Brewergamer.8357

No good medium armour?!

C’mon… there is the trench-coat with the buttons… the trench-coat with leather patches… the embroidered trench-coat… the pirate trench-coat… the possibilities are nearly endless! (unless you can count to 4)

Don’t forget, if you are a Norn, you get a bigger trench-coat than you do if you play an Asura, so that’s different too. Oh, and you can dye your trench-coat like 48 shades of off-tan and non-grey.

With the exception of about 2-3 “nicer” medium armour sets, the medium designs make angels cry.

Hey! You forgot the trench coat that has a bunch of daggers sheathed in it!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Hantu.2815

Hantu.2815

Maybe each class should have their profession’s armour? Kind of like the orders have their own skins, the races have 3 sets. Profession armours could be in line with cultural skins, vanity items.

Ranger: Just copy elite druids from Gw1, make male equivalent of the female’s armour by giving them a Tarzan-ish look

Engi: Trench coats actually kind of make sense for them

Tief: Randomly select any assassin armour in GW1, maybe add some sleeves and leg coverage if necessary. But I would love a ninja look on my tief

Ele: Some kind of whirling winds, water or flames (kind of like COF, but moar fire) being the majority of the armour would be nice?

Warrior: Sparta.

Guardian: Maybe something that could vaguely remind us of the Monk’s look in GW1?

Mesmer: A dress / suit with an overly excessive amount of feathers, crystals and lace.

(edited by Hantu.2815)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Todd.8162

Todd.8162

I laugh at people who care what their character in a video game looks like. When I play, I zoom the camera out as far as possible to see the battlefield and never give half a thought to what color the boot soles are. I never embarrass myself with scrutinizing how a weapon looks with one armor set or another. I sell all my looted dyes to the suckers who think appearance in a video game is important.

My biggest bore in GW1 was that all the armor and weapon specs were the same. Who cared what they looked like? They all did exactly the same thing!

All that matter are THE NUMBERS!

in Suggestions

Posted by: xCrusadentx.2784

xCrusadentx.2784

I laugh at people who care what their character in a video game looks like. When I play, I zoom the camera out as far as possible to see the battlefield and never give half a thought to what color the boot soles are. I never embarrass myself with scrutinizing how a weapon looks with one armor set or another. I sell all my looted dyes to the suckers who think appearance in a video game is important.

My biggest bore in GW1 was that all the armor and weapon specs were the same. Who cared what they looked like? They all did exactly the same thing!

All that matter are THE NUMBERS!

Meh, I prefer to look nice and get good numbers, which is possible, but only for a select number of medium armors. Of course your opinion is fine.

I’ll agree, Medium Armor could use a nice touch up, light and heavy armor seem to get the best looks, more so light imo

Royal Blood Oath:
We are sworn together by our blood…

in Suggestions

Posted by: randomfightfan.4091

randomfightfan.4091

kind of armor for intermediate … it would be nice, I guess …

lose the cape and that’d be amazing

Check out my page for some good thiefisms :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/randomfightfan/videos?view=0&flow=grid

in Suggestions

Posted by: Wuffles.5319

Wuffles.5319

I get compliments on how my engineer looks I guess I know all the secret awesome looks. I look like the flash right now.