Meele range for warrior is too low

in Suggestions

Posted by: Hitman.5829

Hitman.5829

The issue is that when fighting on 1 vs 1 meele skills from great-sword miss most of the time because the opponent is in constant movement and the skill takes 0.5 seconds to cast. The only way to hit the opponent is by either knocking him out or immobilize him.

However, there is an issue with the 100 blades, if you knock a MOVING target with bull charge and then immediately do 100 blades, the attack misses due to lag. To solve this issue, you only need to increase the range of 100 blades slightly so that when you knock the target with bull charge you can still hit him.

Also, why do assassins have the same range units with a dagger, namely 130 units? Doesn’t a greatword has more range?

You need to either lower the range of assassins with dagger or increase the range of greatsword.

(edited by Hitman.5829)

in Suggestions

Hitman.5829

Anyone out there? I get really annoyed and i feel like breaking my computer when i knock out a target and do 100 blades and the target is out of range. Please fix this ASAP!

in Suggestions

Posted by: KRUSSIDULL.6845

KRUSSIDULL.6845

Yes both Greatswords and Hammers could benefit from higher range.

Brute Swiftclaw | Far Shiverpeaks | Mistforged Heroes: tinyurl.com/gw2hero

in Suggestions

Posted by: Reisinger.4203

Reisinger.4203

I run GS/longbow for PvE and sword/shield/longbow or sword/warhorn/longbow for WvW, never had this problem in either situation (using longbow mostly of course).

Have you tried turning on that collision feature? It stops you from running through mobs, can’t remember whakittens called. Maybe that’s why I haven’t been affected by the issue. But I also tend to 3 on the GS to tag a group of mobs and then 100B for DPS.

However, I do agree that the logic behind dagger and greatsword ranges being the same as a bit silly… You should see the ranger forums regarding axe and shortbow range. ^^

GW2 PvP League Season 3 Tribute: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeKVJ1krPmU

in Suggestions

Hitman.5829

I run GS/longbow for PvE and sword/shield/longbow or sword/warhorn/longbow for WvW, never had this problem in either situation (using longbow mostly of course).

Have you tried turning on that collision feature? It stops you from running through mobs, can’t remember whakittens called. Maybe that’s why I haven’t been affected by the issue. But I also tend to 3 on the GS to tag a group of mobs and then 100B for DPS.

However, I do agree that the logic behind dagger and greatsword ranges being the same as a bit silly… You should see the ranger forums regarding axe and shortbow range. ^^

Yes, I disabled the collision feature since the first time I played this game.
I also forgot to mention that the skill “rush” on the greatsword lags too. For example, if I use it, my warrior will rush to a target but sometimes the warrior keeps running in a single spot and the skill never hits the target.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Heimdall.2705

Heimdall.2705

Sounds more like a latency issue than a range issue, to me.

in Suggestions

Hitman.5829

Sounds more like a latency issue than a range issue, to me.

That is correct, latency is the issue! The only way to fix this is to increase the range of Great Sword. As we all know, in online games we have to deal with the irremovable latency in games. However, we can find a way around it by introducing range.

As i mentioned in the description:

If you use bull’s charge and knock out a target, the target that was knock out is not in the place where it got knock out because of game latency. Therefore, if you use 100 blades in the spot where the enemy got knock out, the skill will show as miss, miss, miss, etc…

I am sure there are ways around it. One of the simplest is to increase the range in great words.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Bismuth.3165

Bismuth.3165

“I don’t get it,” Elementalists

Jeeha (ele) and Jeeha The Warrior
Is currently emotionally unstable because Breaking Bad is over

in Suggestions

Hitman.5829

What?

in Suggestions

Posted by: TwiceDead.1963

TwiceDead.1963

You can’t balance a game around latency. I don’t know how many times I’ve heard that before I got it knocked into my skull, but it’s true. If someone has more latency than you, would you up the range even more if that was the case? I think not.

in Suggestions

Hitman.5829

The problem is that the range of great sword is 130 units and the range of a dagger is 130 units. This needs to be address ASAP; on this update (7/9/13) the issue was not fixed…

in Suggestions

Posted by: Bismuth.3165

Bismuth.3165

What?

our dagger has a range of 400/300/600, the warrior’s GS has a range of 150 or something like that

Jeeha (ele) and Jeeha The Warrior
Is currently emotionally unstable because Breaking Bad is over

in Suggestions

Hitman.5829

What?

our dagger has a range of 400/300/600, the warrior’s GS has a range of 150 or something like that

Elementalist shoot stuff (magic probably) with the daggers (they are not really a melee class).

But back to the problem:
Why do thief have a range of 130 units on the daggers?
Why do rangers have a range of 130,160 on the greatsword?
And most importantly, why do warriors have a range of 130 units on the greatsword?

This needs to be fixed!