Meta-Event Chests Account-Wide

in Suggestions

Posted by: jwaz.1908

jwaz.1908

As they are now, meta-event chests being character bound gives those with more characters an unfair advantage. In addition to the advantage, it allows people to grind these events for rares more so than others, which against the GW2 anti-grind policy.

Please make meta-event chests account bound, but increase loot tables to compensate.

Brom Svánigandr – Druid
Nemata Sapshield – Dragonhunter
Lillian Estre – Tempest

(edited by jwaz.1908)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Clarity.7281

Clarity.7281

Its not against the anti-grind policy for one, since they obviously don’t feel that way themselves.

It’s not an unfair advantage at all, because you have the same chance for the advantage, it doesn’t lower your chances for getting the loot either..

I have 4 characters i leveled to 80, it took me time to earn that said advantage, why penalize me for spending my time to level 3 more than you, rather than spending my time to just play one. if anything you have the advantage over me for time spent on your character.

in Suggestions

Clarity.7281

to continue, if i wanted to get gear for each of my characters not just one, you are penalizing me for working multiple characters up for gear, classes do require different gear.

in Suggestions

Clarity.7281

Also don’t forget to factor the Spawn timer for bosses. every 3 hours, in a 24 hour period, if i have other things to do, like working and sleeping, odds are i have 2 windows to get a chance at the chest. thats two characters maybe 3 if im lucky.

Not exactly a huge advantage..

in Suggestions

jwaz.1908

to continue, if i wanted to get gear for each of my characters not just one, you are penalizing me for working multiple characters up for gear, classes do require different gear.

I don’t really see how meta-event chests relate to you gearing multiple characters.

Brom Svánigandr – Druid
Lillian Estre – Tempest

in Suggestions

jwaz.1908

Also don’t forget to factor the Spawn timer for bosses. every 3 hours, in a 24 hour period, if i have other things to do, like working and sleeping, odds are i have 2 windows to get a chance at the chest. thats two characters maybe 3 if im lucky.

Your not taking into consideration guesting. A ton of people in my guild are doing 5 times more events than me because they each have like 6 characters and guest on other servers.

Brom Svánigandr – Druid
Lillian Estre – Tempest

in Suggestions

Clarity.7281

I don’t really see how meta-event chests relate to you gearing multiple characters.

Crafted gear the exotic kind, require ectoplasms, now i could spend hours farming for a rare and might not even get one, or i could hit the chest and get two.

Also these items also can give sigils needed too.

so yeah this would be helpful in gear farming, especially for multiple characters.

in Suggestions

Clarity.7281

Your not taking into consideration guesting. A ton of people in my guild are doing 5 times more events than me because they each have like 6 characters and guest on other servers.

Then guesting is broken not the chests.

and like i said, you shouldn’t penalize players for playing multiple characters, what would be the point of having multiple character slots..

in Suggestions

Posted by: Chickenshoes.6250

Chickenshoes.6250

No other content or rewards are limited by the number of characters you have besides some minor achievements and rich harvesting nodes. Dragon chests are worth way more than rich harvesting nodes. This is an exploit-grade increase in rewards for players with multiple characters and it’s broken.

If Anet now wants to vomit on to everyone loot that’s tied to really easy content they could do it without punishing players for wanting to devote their time to one character. This is entirely against “play the way you want to” when there’s such a large loot gap between the two.

(edited by Chickenshoes.6250)

in Suggestions

jwaz.1908

Agreed Chickenshoes this is totally an exploitable issue. So many people are just farming these events on 8 different characters the entire day. I understand Anet wanted people to spread out across the world, but I don’t think this is what they had in mind (aka grinding meta-events).

Brom Svánigandr – Druid
Lillian Estre – Tempest

in Suggestions

Posted by: redhare.9210

redhare.9210

The only exploit would be guesting. The only way to fix this is to make it so you can not get the chest from guesting. There is nothing wrong with doing a dragon multiple times a day because you only get to get the chest once with that character with a three hour cooldown between the dragon spawning.

in Suggestions

jwaz.1908

The only exploit would be guesting. The only way to fix this is to make it so you can not get the chest from guesting. There is nothing wrong with doing a dragon multiple times a day because you only get to get the chest once with that character with a three hour cooldown between the dragon spawning.

I’m not just talking about one dragon event, I’m talking about every single meta-event (basically everything tracked by Dragon Timer and a few more.)

The list includes:

• Claw of Jormag
  • Tequatl
  • The Shatterer
  • Shadow Behemoth
  • The Frozen Maw
  • Fire Elemental
  • Jungle Wurm
  • Orrian Temple Events
  • And a few more…

Because all of these events guarantee rares, they’re easily farmed and exploited by those with multiple characters.

Brom Svánigandr – Druid
Lillian Estre – Tempest

(edited by jwaz.1908)

in Suggestions

Posted by: redhare.9210

redhare.9210

I’m not just talking about one dragon event, I’m talking about every single meta-event (basically everything tracked by Dragon Timer and a few more.)

The list includes:

• Claw of Jormag
  • Tequatl
  • The Shatterer
  • Shadow Behemoth
  • The Frozen Maw
  • Fire Elemental
  • Jungle Wurm
  • Orrian Temple Events
  • And a few more…

Again the only exploit is involved with guesting. All meta events tracked by the dragon timers are a 2 to 3 hour cooldown. The only one that is every half hour is Maw. You chose to have one character, thats no reason to punish those that have multiple toons. Also put link of this anti grind policy on doing meta’s with alts to get the chest.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Chickenshoes.6250

Chickenshoes.6250

Or, to the other side of the coin, these mechanics are punishing players that decide to put equivalent amounts of time to one character. There’s no excuse for it.

in Suggestions

jwaz.1908

The only one that is every half hour is Maw.

You’re incorrect, the Fire Elemental has a half hour respawn time as well. I’m not sure about jungle wurm, but I’m pretty sure it’s respawn time is around or below 1 hour too.

Also, what Chickenshoes said :P

Brom Svánigandr – Druid
Lillian Estre – Tempest

in Suggestions

Posted by: Akari Storm.6809

Akari Storm.6809

To me, the problem here is guesting. They should just make it so that the chest is tied to your home server. If you guest you get jack.

or

Make it account bound, once per day.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Cirah Ravenheart.9618

Cirah Ravenheart.9618

To me, the problem here is guesting. They should just make it so that the chest is tied to your home server. If you guest you get jack.

or

Make it account bound, once per day.

Totally agree! Anet caused the issue, they need to fix it asap. My server used to be enjoyable. Not anymore.

in Suggestions

Clarity.7281

No other content or rewards are limited by the number of characters you have besides some minor achievements and rich harvesting nodes. Dragon chests are worth way more than rich harvesting nodes. This is an exploit-grade increase in rewards for players with multiple characters and it’s broken.

If Anet now wants to vomit on to everyone loot that’s tied to really easy content they could do it without punishing players for wanting to devote their time to one character. This is entirely against “play the way you want to” when there’s such a large loot gap between the two.

Gather nodes are character based as well too, actually more exploitable than the dragon chests, because they are not limited by a window spawn time.

2 rares or exotics vs 80 possible orichalcum a day?

So vomit and punish players who have multiple characters instead..
for their choice, so you feel punished, so you want them to punish others instead, sounds childish and unfair altogether.

(edited by Clarity.7281)

in Suggestions

Clarity.7281

Alright better idea, lets make it where you can only do 1 meta-event a day to get a chest, its an unfair exploit for you to get to do multiple since i only have time for one a day.

if you think this sounds ridiculous, then rethink your own argument because your argument is the same as this.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

This is an absurd request. I have eight characters, I don’t have an advantage over your 1 though. Do you know why? Because you have the ability to make as many characters as you want. You made a CHOICE to only make one character and to run with that character exclusively.

What’s more, you cite guesting as a way to get to multiple instances of the event in a short period of time. Well this works two ways. Every instance of a zone is a unique occurance of that zone. That means that a person that has only one character can take advantage of the same exploit, and it is an exploit. If you do an event with your one character and get the chest you can then guest to another server and do it again AND get the chest again. Based on the number of “Change Guesting Rules” threads this is happening regularly.

This is what needs to be changed, not the design of events simply because you chose to make only one character.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

(edited by Kal Spiro.9745)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lambros Augustus.6594

Lambros Augustus.6594

ZOMG its so unfair the guys with the alts didn’t have to grind to get their levels to 80 and world completion in order to get there and learn their characters better. ZOMG…..
oh wait they did, but give me more loot anyway.

Guesting I think thats taking it too far from a Clockwork Orange point of view not because I feel personally aggrieved in any way but that I may end up in a rubber room if I did that.

Seriously are there some sort of ranking tables hidden somewhere and you want to be in the top 10. Just play and enjoy the game or you will drive yourself crazy, like me sort of, though I try to avoid the rubber room.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Auesis.7301

Auesis.7301

This is an absurd request. I have eight characters, I don’t have an advantage over your 1 though. Do you know why? Because you have the ability to make as many characters as you want. You made a CHOICE to only make one character and to run with that character exclusively.

This. I’ve put in a PAINFUL amount of effort kitting my 4 favourite characters with full exotics and Ascended, and you somehow think I should be punished because my efforts were spread across multiple characters (I could have given multiple legendaries to one character if I focused on just one, but I chose not to)? If anything, I’ve had to put in more than someone dedicating to one character to level and kit out my alts properly.

It was your choice to stick to one character. You have 5 character slots to begin with for a very good reason.

That said, guesting needs to stop giving out World Event rewards, because that’s where the majority of problems are coming from.

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

(edited by Auesis.7301)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Cherokeewill.7504

Cherokeewill.7504

You’re incorrect, the Fire Elemental has a half hour respawn time as well. I’m not sure about jungle wurm, but I’m pretty sure it’s respawn time is around or below 1 hour too.

Also, what Chickenshoes said :P

Sorry, but it is you that is incorrect. The Fire Elemental has a half hour timer attached to another half hour spawn window.

I’ve read each of the posts above and I’m still trying to grasp how alts are hurting your gaming experience. Even if someone runs all 5 alts through Maw and FE, and giving FE your half hour rather than the actual hour respawn, that’s 5 hours tied up in just those two events. In reality the time spent is closer to eight hours on two events for a total of 15-20 rares on average.

Now factor in Claw and Teq. There are approximately 2 hours of down time, simply waiting for these events to occur, if you want to guarantee being present and not shoved to overflow. Mega Destroyer (if loot gets fixed and added to the rotation) adds another half hour and Shatterer has its own window and pre-event. Spread that out among all of these alts you’re complaining about and all of a sudden the alt farmer isn’t actually doing anything and dungeon runners still get better loot for the time spent playing.

There are not enough hours to accomplish what you seem to be saying is a game breaking “exploit.” And after all of what I just detailed above would you please tell me how this is hurting your game play experience?

Guest bombing and lag are the real detriment to the game and I’m a definite +1 to making world events locked to home servers or simply locked across all servers but there is absolutely no reason to lock it based upon account.

(edited by Cherokeewill.7504)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Neverminde.7930

Neverminde.7930

When events are large lags…. 1chests/boss=1 acount=low lags=not farming

Neversab “Thief 80 lvl” 25 AR resist
Never Sab “Thief 80 level” 35 AR resist
Guild : Bohemian Guard

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zosk.5609

Zosk.5609

What’s more, you cite guesting as a way to get to multiple instances of the event in a short period of time. Well this works two ways. Every instance of a zone is a unique occurance of that zone. That means that a person that has only one character can take advantage of the same exploit, and it is an exploit. If you do an event with your one character and get the chest you can then guest to another server and do it again AND get the chest again. Based on the number of “Change Guesting Rules” threads this is happening regularly.

This is what needs to be changed, not the design of events simply because you chose to make only one character.

It’s not absurd at all, and you can stop pretending like it is?

It’s how daily and monthly currently work in this game..it is account wide. They don’t judge whether you want to play 1 or 20 characters…you do the tasks and you get a reward. How absurd!

What is absurd is pretending like number of characters at level 80 (which is all that’s required here BTW, gear doesn’t matter!) is any indication of how many hours somebody has played or how hard they worked. It’s not! It’s not only possible that people with just one or two characters invested more time…it’s actually somewhat likely! (People who roll lots of alts are often, in my experience, more casual players and getting 80 in this game is not a particularly long grind)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Neverminde.7930

Neverminde.7930

Cancels the guest server.

Neversab “Thief 80 lvl” 25 AR resist
Never Sab “Thief 80 level” 35 AR resist
Guild : Bohemian Guard

in Suggestions

Clarity.7281

It’s not absurd at all, and you can stop pretending like it is?

It’s how daily and monthly currently work in this game..it is account wide. They don’t judge whether you want to play 1 or 20 characters…you do the tasks and you get a reward. How absurd!

What is absurd is pretending like number of characters at level 80 (which is all that’s required here BTW, gear doesn’t matter!) is any indication of how many hours somebody has played or how hard they worked. It’s not! It’s not only possible that people with just one or two characters invested more time…it’s actually somewhat likely! (People who roll lots of alts are often, in my experience, more casual players and getting 80 in this game is not a particularly long grind)

you can stop pretending like you should be able to tell me how to play, im not telling you how to play, so stop telling me how i can.

you are asking for something already regulated, you are trying to hinder and punish everyone for not having the same play style as you.

any punishment you incur is because of the choice you made, and if its so easy how come you don’t do it?

(edited by Clarity.7281)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Cherokeewill.7504

Cherokeewill.7504

Don’t feed the trolls. Zosk is actually pretending to have something to say. Re-read the post and you’ll notice a bunch of words but no substance.

He’ll probably complain if there is a “Daily Alt” achievement; log into two characters. “ZOMG Anet is forcing me to run an alt now!!! WAHHHH!!!!”

in Suggestions

Clarity.7281

Don’t feed the trolls. Zosk is actually pretending to have something to say. Re-read the post and you’ll notice a bunch of words but no substance.

He’ll probably complain if there is a “Daily Alt” achievement; log into two characters. “ZOMG Anet is forcing me to run an alt now!!! WAHHHH!!!!”

you know what you are right, lol