Metallic Dyes

Metallic Dyes

in Suggestions

Posted by: Taran Redleaf.7912

Taran Redleaf.7912

I would like to see dyes that add metallic colors to the game (shiny, metal). Colors like silver (nice reflective chrome-look), gold, copper, bronze. You can even make shiny base colors like Metallic Abyss (shiny solid black) or Metallic Celestial (shiny solid white) or even a whole series of Metallic Midnight colors (deep reds, blues, greens, and so forth) for those metallic heavy armor looks.

Metallic Dyes

in Suggestions

Posted by: The Talcmaster.7391

The Talcmaster.7391

Many of the colors seem to have differing levels of shininess as it is, but I like the idea. Two tone colors like you see with some car paint would be even cooler. Then I could truly be a technicolor warrior.

Fort Aspenwood – [fury], [SAO], [NICE]
Fun on someone else’s schedule is not fun

Metallic Dyes

in Suggestions

Posted by: lemone.5867

lemone.5867

Imo it wont be good. The “Metalic dye” is Juggernaut thing and should stay that way.

Metallic Dyes

in Suggestions

Posted by: The Talcmaster.7391

The Talcmaster.7391

I thought he meant more polished than a reflective finish like Juggernaut, but I get what you’re saying.

Fort Aspenwood – [fury], [SAO], [NICE]
Fun on someone else’s schedule is not fun

Metallic Dyes

in Suggestions

Posted by: jwaz.1908

jwaz.1908

I would like to see dyes that add metallic colors to the game (shiny, metal). Colors like silver (nice reflective chrome-look), gold, copper, bronze. You can even make shiny base colors like Metallic Abyss (shiny solid black) or Metallic Celestial (shiny solid white) or even a whole series of Metallic Midnight colors (deep reds, blues, greens, and so forth) for those metallic heavy armor looks.

This would utterly defeat the purpose of “The Juggernaut”, since what you described is the effect it applies.

So while yes, dyes with crazy effects or finishes would be cool, they shouldn’t implement them at the expense of legendary weapons.

Brom Svánigandr – Druid
Nemata Sapshield – Dragonhunter
Lillian Estre – Tempest

Metallic Dyes

in Suggestions

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

This would utterly defeat the purpose of “The Juggernaut”, since what you described is the effect it applies.

So while yes, dyes with crazy effects or finishes would be cool, they shouldn’t implement them at the expense of legendary weapons.

Its just a color.

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

Metallic Dyes

in Suggestions

Posted by: jwaz.1908

jwaz.1908

Its just a color.

What is just a color? Because the metallic effect that The Juggernaut gives is not just a color, but a unique aura effect.

Brom Svánigandr – Druid
Nemata Sapshield – Dragonhunter
Lillian Estre – Tempest

Metallic Dyes

in Suggestions

Taran Redleaf.7912

My post was intended to refer to dye colors for armor. It was not intended to refer to aura effects or special effects on existing items. It was not intended to refer to coloring weapons or copying weapon “effects” to armor.

Just metallic color on armor with no other effect than simply being shiny. That’s all.

And if the purpose intended for the Juggernaut was to provide a recognizable “hey, look at me” color that could be turned off and on by drawing out the weapon, would, in some unfathomable way, interfere with the “reward” of owning the legendary weapon, then I’m sure that particular shade of color can be reserved for only owning the Juggernaut.

But that still leaves quite a few other metallic colors of dyes that could be added (which don’t have that “turn on/turn off” effect). And that’s why I suggested adding metallic dyes for armor only to Guild Wars 2.

Metallic Dyes

in Suggestions

Posted by: Chaotic Storm.2815

Chaotic Storm.2815

check your setting, I know when I take my shading off low suddenly everything gets shiny and metallic. Armor, hair so it might just be a case of your setting be to low to give you the full effect of your armor.

#ELEtism

Metallic Dyes

in Suggestions

Taran Redleaf.7912

@Chaotic Storm: Its not a settings issue. I have very good settings. But let me see if I follow your logic… if I change the graphic settings for ‘fully shiny’ I get the shiny armor, but everything else becomes shiny, too. In other words, to get a metallic look on armor, I have to have a character with shiny, oily hair? Gross.

Adding metallic dyes is better than oily graphics.