More Skill Slots anybody?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mangaroca.8634

Mangaroca.8634

Hi,

Has anybody felt like it would be much cooler to have 12 skills instead of 10? Most (all?) MMORPGs use 12 minimum and even though GW2 is unique in weapon and attunement switching having more “options” would make fighting even more spectacular.
I’m sure some of you will say they don’t need it but just think about it for a second: nerfing the damage by 5 – 10% but adding two more utility slots (or one for weapons and one for utilities) could really improve the “auto-attacking boredom”.

Perhaps it is just my “overonehundredbugsnecromancer” but possessing such a sweet arsenal of potential ways to kill mobs (when they finally work) and having to drop 75% of them due to only 3 utility slots hurts as hell!
I’d love to be able to use “Blood is Power” followed by “Plague Signet” followed by “Epidemic” and STILL be able to use “Signet of Spite” and Well of Suffering OR ANY OTHER SKILL…
Don’t get me wrong – I don’t want to kill stuff in 2 seconds – ANet: please, feel free to nerf the overall damage output but make the combat a bit more challenging (ppl will need to think and plan their rotations / counteracts) and fun to watch.

Please, don’t hate me for starting this thread…

“…We are all dead men on leave…”.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Amigo.5023

Amigo.5023

They might introduce an option to switch between two bars with utility skills in the future. Not to mention adding new utility skills.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Antrasith.2187

Antrasith.2187

Í could do with a few more skills myself.. i like having a firm arsenal within my grasp.. Not a must though..

The Wheel turns as the Wheel Wills

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ari Kagura.9182

Ari Kagura.9182

I could see the implementation of an additional slot or two, but not for utility skills. Rather, I could see them use it for things like Consumables or Boosters. That way, if a consumable somehow runs out during combat, it could be reapplied easily without having someone dig through their inventory to find that stack of consumables in a sea full of vendor-trash.

“I control my fate!” — Claire Farron
I am Fleeting Flash, in-game dungeon cosplayer of Reddit Refugees [RR] .

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jack of Tears.9458

Jack of Tears.9458

I’m iffy on this one. Yeah more skill slots lets you pull out more of those skills you spent points on – and I spent points on them, so it would be nice to use them – but I got so sick of having these huge, ugly skill bars with dozens of skills in other games. Limiting the number of skills we have access to means we have to be more selective and more creative … and since we can switch them out at any time, except when we’re actually in a fight, we can play around with different builds pretty easily.

Two more slots? I could get behind two more … so long as it stopped there.

What I really want, is a third weapon slot that we can fast swap to, because I’ve one settup for soloing, one for grouping/boss fights, and one for melee. Would sure save me some time if I didn’t have to manually swap for one of those builds.

I’m sorry I stepped outta yer box, don’ worry, if
ya whine enough they’ll put me right back.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jack of Tears.9458

Jack of Tears.9458

I could see the implementation of an additional slot or two, but not for utility skills. Rather, I could see them use it for things like Consumables or Boosters. That way, if a consumable somehow runs out during combat, it could be reapplied easily without having someone dig through their inventory to find that stack of consumables in a sea full of vendor-trash.

I’m going to vote this as the second best idea – right behind my three weapon slots … because it was my idea – of the thread. You can have food, or pick up consumables from karma vendors really easy, but it’s hard to use them quickly when they’re hidden in your inventory. (especially things like bombs that you can get from vendors)

Hell with it, I vote this the best idea of the thread.

I’m sorry I stepped outta yer box, don’ worry, if
ya whine enough they’ll put me right back.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mangaroca.8634

Mangaroca.8634

Very interesting what you say about consumables, third weapon and switchable weapon / utility bars.

Perhaps two extra slots would belong to different areas (weapon or utility) depending on the proffession (Necro gets more utility slots, warrior gets more weapon attacks)?

“…We are all dead men on leave…”.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Phantax.1369

Phantax.1369

I want the system we had in GW1
(And for those that aren’t familier there were over a 1000 skills to choose from !)

Ok well maybe not that many, but I think we should have a number of choices per button. So buttons 1-5 each have 4 attacks/skills to choose from and the player can pick the one he/she feels is most in tune with their persona !

:))

We’re not retreating… we’re advancing in a different direction !
Money can’t buy happiness, But it allows you to search in more places to find it !

in Suggestions

Posted by: goldenhornet.1205

goldenhornet.1205

I was thinking this the other day having looked into cooking on one of my alts. It would be awesome to have a quickslot bar for consumables. It’s a pain having to rummage around in your bags just to click on some food or a booster.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

no. 10 skill slots is good.

in Suggestions

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

Average professions can hold up to 15 skills in combat.

Elementalists can hold up to 25 skills in combat.

Engineer can have up to 26 skills in combat.

12 skills is really limited.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

in Suggestions

Posted by: Striata.6739

Striata.6739

I want to see a consumable slot added ill take an extra skill slot or a 3 weapon switch but i REALLY want the consumable slot. Maybe they could make it so each artisan job could give you something at 400 example: cooking at 400 unlocks a consumable slot on your bar, weaponsmithing an extra weapon switch.

I don’t know I’m just putting an idea out there. I’ll admit I haven’t thought the idea through fully and have no ideas for the other artisan jobs.

in Suggestions

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

New weapons = new skills.

I dont know about you, but on my guardian alt I would love a one handed hammer so I can throw down like Thor.

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kal.2376

Kal.2376

I do not think adding more skill slots is a good idea. 10 seems fine to me. As others have said, a way to save some skill/weapon configurations that we an switch to (out of combat, of course) would not be a bad idea though.