Mounts or Some Sort of Sprint Ability?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sensus.7948

Sensus.7948

Just a suggestion to help players get to locations a bit faster. I know that some of you are thinking “We have way points, we don’t need mounts or a sprint ability.” Well the fact that way points are normally spread out quite a bit can make it a pain to get from one location to another. Mounts or a sprint ability would eliminate this problem, and correct me if I’m wrong but I heard something about ArenaNet stating that there were gonna be mounts in the future.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dorpen.4653

Dorpen.4653

I think Anet said there will never be mounts, I’m fine with this as almost every class has a speed boosting skill and the availability of waypoints. The only time I’m personally frustrated with movement speed in the game is in WvW.

A argument I see fairly often against mounts is that it would discourage people from helping others when traveling through the landscape because the time it would take to mount/dismount.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sensus.7948

Sensus.7948

I think Anet said there will never be mounts, I’m fine with this as almost every class has a speed boosting skill and the availability of waypoints. The only time I’m personally frustrated with movement speed in the game is in WvW.

A argument I see fairly often against mounts is that it would discourage people from helping others when traveling through the landscape because the time it would take to mount/dismount.

I see your point, but they could always have mounting/dismounting be instant in open world, and have a cast time in pvp.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

in Suggestions

Posted by: Gennadios.8407

Gennadios.8407

I was rallying against the idea pre-launch/open beta, but after hitting max level and staring on cartography, I can honestly say that they wouldn’t hurt the game experience.

3.5 silver to travel through meaningful distances takes the cost of waypointing to the point of tactical necessity, and my travel/copper pinching habits are impacting the speed with which I can reach and/or interact with my guild mates.

I’m not saying travel needs to be cheaper, but I would definitely see the utility in a 25 gold mount.

in Suggestions

Posted by: paultimate.8790

paultimate.8790

Everyone has a ton of speed abilities. We dont need mounts.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Agapanthah.4951

Agapanthah.4951

I really think that mounts could be integrated into the game in a way that MOST players would be happy with.

I love mounts, and love working for them.

My favorite quest of all times was a WOW quest where I had to raise a mount from an egg. If i remember correctly it took two weeks or so to complete. I was a very proud mama and loved that mount.

Mounts can be goodness. Let’s ask for them and have faith that these devs can make them awesome.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Panda.1967

Panda.1967

A sprint for everyone would be great… not to thrilled about the prospect of mounts though… Mounts will inevitably lead in a bad direction

Sprint however, can be easily worked into the game in a manor that won’t make a devastating impact. We already have an Endurance bar for the Dodge mechanic, what can be done is tie sprint to that bar, have it drain it at a moderate rate in combat… little or no drain out of combat.

Quite honestly, out movement speed is rather slow as is, and Swiftness boosting by 33% feels like it’s boosting up to a more reasonable movement speed. So that said…

Sprint would take over the 33% boost from swiftness and Swiftness should be bumped up to 50% or more.

Please stop assuming I’m a guy… I am female.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Berelain.2308

Berelain.2308

support sprint boost like in cities, but dont like mounts.

Guild Leader Gwens Red Iris Flowers [GRIS]
Commander Berelain sur Hoiya
Far Shiverpeaks

in Suggestions

Posted by: DavidGX.1723

DavidGX.1723

No mounts please, Arenanet.

in Suggestions

Posted by: margaretiak.5127

margaretiak.5127

Everyone has a ton of speed abilities. We dont need mounts.

ye 10%ms bonus for ranger is amazing!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nemo.6295

Nemo.6295

I play a thief using the passive speed buff and I think we need mounts. I know what they meant to do with the waypoint system, it’s a nasty gold sink so you won’t be saving that gold and spending it on gems.

It takes me quite a while to get to one point to another on a single area, I don’t dare think how much it would take me over several.

Add mounts, put them in the Black Lion Store and I, personally would gladly pay a reasonable amount of gems for one.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rika.7249

Rika.7249

Who needs a dumb horse when you have Asura?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Who needs a dumb horse when you have Asura?

I am opposed to mounts but the idea of a Norn riding an Asura intrigues me.