Nerf Black Powder please.

in Suggestions

Posted by: FugueState.3842

FugueState.3842

I’m pretty sure that this has been posted elsewhere before but this skill is ridiculous.

Being able to almost completely negate damage from a melee class, then being able to combo field out of it with stealth is also ridiculous. Being able to shoot and inflict blind over a distance with it is just adding insult to injury.

Warrior has a maximum of 8 second physical damage negation; we get no “Invulnerability” animation, which means we are still subject to control conditions and condition damage. Now coupled with Stability and Berserker stance you can stand there for 5 seconds and literally take no damage or anything at all; but that uses up all 3 of our utility slots and leaves no room for versatility

Thief can pop black powder, and combo field stealth a kittened amount of times staying in stealth for like 30 seconds+ if timed right. They have access to traits that allow faster initiative regeneration in stealth. WTF?

Blind by itself is completely overpowered.

My suggestion for nerfing this skill is to apply FUMBLE instead of blind, and keep the combo field the way it is.

Or, make blind 50% chance to miss, not 100%. There are varying degrees of blindness in the real world, and I do not like the fact that Necro and Thief have access to skills that can render a profession completely useless.

Or, if you insist on keeping the blind the way it is, change the Combo Field to Dark at least…or even apply stealth cooldown to the leap combo!!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Black Teagan.9215

Black Teagan.9215

At first: ROFL

Secound: Black Powder dont negate the complete dmg, only 1 time per second for max 4 secs and only melee attacks, no range attack, no conditions, and no aes.
the warrior block or negate all physical dmg from every distance, all the time.

And btw Black Powder cost 6 Ini the half of our whole pool, or 9 ini (3/4) with heartseeker, thats mean a stealth for 3 (4) seconds has an recharge time of 12 seconds.
And the 9 inis have on effect on all weaponskills and not only on this one.
But stealth doesnt make the thief Invulnerability, only invisible, every attack, all conditions, and all cc skills have still effect.

Warrior has a maximum of 8 second physical damage negation

13 Sec, after my calculation.

Thief can pop black powder, and combo field stealth a kittened amount of times staying in stealth for like 30 seconds+ if timed right. They have access to traits that allow faster initiative regeneration in stealth.

A thief that use 4 skills or let his inipool at zero to stay in stealth, do no dmg and cannot cap or gives much help to other allies, also make him helpless against cc skills.
And while this time all of your skills end their cd phase, include Endure Pain.

Thiefs have no deff skills or boons so they are heavily dependent from stealth and blinds to reduce the dmg, special with their shrimpy base hp and the paper armor.
IF Anet improve the survivability of the thief, then can we talk about.

For comparison only: Warriors have +80% life and a basic dmg reduction of 15%.

EDIT: If you wont like to get blinded then dont stay in the field from Black Powder and use the full range of your melee weapon or change to a range weapons (Longbow or Rifle).

Caleb Ferendir
-Charr Thief-
It’s good to be bad!

(edited by Black Teagan.9215)

in Suggestions

Posted by: ZeRen.7265

ZeRen.7265

I agree with Black Teagan, stealth is thief´s only def ability

this skill has small radius and short duration, if you dont like this skill why you standing in it

in Suggestions

FugueState.3842

Thief is shrimpy if you build it wrong.

But build it right and it actually can take more hits than anyone thinks.

My big deal with this skill is the blind pulse, 4 seconds and 4 physical misses is an eternity in EB. And FYI, I do not stand in it, but a thief that can abuse it will run around it for 2~3 seconds, combo out of it, stealth, and then repeat. So in those 2~3 seconds, you aren’t able to get a hit in because theyre all over the place, then you cant even see them so you end up wasting a CC/AoE skill…then the cycle repeats all over again.

The absolute worst though, is thief has access to stealth finish, blind finish, and negate finish through stealth. All easily accessible through normal skills that require initiative. So all they do is pop Black Powder when you’re downed and then you’re pretty much finished, a completely unfair facet to a game mechanic that was supposed to almost provide a second chance.

If I want to stomp someone without interruption, I need to waste a utility skill for stability and 0 damage. Or if I’m lucky, my traits aren’t on CD.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zelulose.8695

Zelulose.8695

I agree with Black Teagan, stealth is thief´s only def ability

this skill has small radius and short duration, if you dont like this skill why you standing in it

I have to say black powder would be fine if the shot didn’t blind you as well. It makes aoe useless vs these thieves before the heart seeker through it.

Lucky Leaf, Ángël, Clergyman, Side Kick -Lets make Gw2 a better game

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

Hey guys you can get rid of blindness by hitting something! :D

in Suggestions

Posted by: Verach.3789

Verach.3789

Where X is the first Thief defender to show up and say Thief is under powered in every sense of this games being and the OP should learn to play/dodge/predict where the Thief is in stealth.

Well… That was never said :P

Alara Saitle [AKP] – Commander
Fissure of Woe – Ascalonian Knights of Peace: Commander
Fight with Honour, and Integrity.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zelulose.8695

Zelulose.8695

Hey guys you can get rid of blindness by hitting something!

And by time you do that the thief will have stealthed without any chance to use your skills on him.

Lucky Leaf, Ángël, Clergyman, Side Kick -Lets make Gw2 a better game

in Suggestions

Posted by: Stealth Paladin.4361

Stealth Paladin.4361

From my own WvW experiences vs thief as guardian,… I get killed by them plenty and I kill plenty of them in stealth.

I think this is a case of people not realizing characters have options that balance things out. If you come across a thief made to take on melee and a guardian ready to take on theives, it’s an even enough battle.

Namely: there are ways to remove conditions, everyone has dodge, stealth and invulnerable are very different. Fighting a theif just requires more tactical sense as it should.

In WvW, if you come across someone traited to take out your class, which can be made from any class, you need one of three things to win:

- good dynamic with a team mate
- highly skilled at battle
- or just more numbers

This is good in my opinion.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Marc Warner.6417

Marc Warner.6417

From my own WvW experiences vs thief as guardian,… I get killed by them plenty and I kill plenty of them in stealth.

I think this is a case of people not realizing characters have options that balance things out. If you come across a thief made to take on melee and a guardian ready to take on theives, it’s an even enough battle.

Namely: there are ways to remove conditions, everyone has dodge, stealth and invulnerable are very different. Fighting a theif just requires more tactical sense as it should.

In WvW, if you come across someone traited to take out your class, which can be made from any class, you need one of three things to win:

- good dynamic with a team mate
- highly skilled at battle
- or just more numbers

This is good in my opinion.

Its a tad bullkitten to expect everyone to be have a spec just to fight one specific class, especially when you likely to be fighting 9 other potential classes, I’ve fought Thieves and Mesmers and the like and frankly I do find them kittens to fight, they just have kitten -arsie around mechanics is all but yes, I think they do need to be a nurfed a little.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

Hey guys you can get rid of blindness by hitting something!

And by time you do that the thief will have stealthed without any chance to use your skills on him.

And? That doesn’t disprove my point.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

The thing that keeps nagging in the back of my mind is that I could’ve sworn that all smoke fields were nerfed in the past, making it so they only apply blinds once every 2 seconds instead of once every second. Then, the fields were extended to be longer than they were previously (usually from 3 seconds to 4 seconds) in order to accommodate this nerf in stealth application.

Was this reversed at some time?

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Vanthian.9267

Vanthian.9267

Where X is the first Thief defender to show up and say Thief is under powered in every sense of this games being and the OP should learn to play/dodge/predict where the Thief is in stealth.

Well… That was never said :P

Not word for word, no, but in general context that is what they all say. Also this is how I feel balancing of Guild Wars 2 is done: http://belarr.com/bakercat/

in Suggestions

FugueState.3842

I can get rid of blind by hitting something?

What exactly am I supposed to hit? A tree I guess. IMO there shouldn’t even be mobs in WvW maps in the first place.

Which brings up another thing I had completely forgotten about: the cloak and dagger running thief, the ones that run to mobs and cloak repeatedly so they can rally.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Wukunlin.8461

Wukunlin.8461

lol

you don’t have to stand inside the blackpowder

Oceanic [LOD]

in Suggestions

Posted by: CreativeAnarchy.6324

CreativeAnarchy.6324

No thanks, not necessary.

I speak for my self and no one else. Only fools believe they speak for a majority.

in Suggestions

FugueState.3842

Wukunlin.8461, another person who won’t bother reading what was typed above…

in Suggestions

Posted by: Wukunlin.8461

Wukunlin.8461

Oh I read every bit of garbage you typed

Oceanic [LOD]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Raven Paradox.1860

Raven Paradox.1860

If you are a warrior complaining about thieves, you are simply doing it very wrong…

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jayw.1045

Jayw.1045

Dude out of ALL the classes as a thief I have the hardest time vs warriors. You don’t have a right to complain until you stop being a pug.

I mean god forbid you get downed by someone that is better than you XD lol Surely your build and your play style is the best ever. Please share your secrets master of gw2…..

pugs man. Get beat by a d/p thief all the time it’s YOU not them.

Here a tip you don’t deserve, get a hammer.

(edited by Jayw.1045)

in Suggestions

FugueState.3842

Excuse me, but me a pug?

I can hold my own against 3-4 mediocre players at once, ask anyone on NSP that has seen me take on full groups and rally at least 3 people within 4~5 seconds, all full 80’s lmao!

That isn’t the point here, your profession is EASYMODE with Black Powder and Backstab, the sole reason I don’t play a thief is because of how easy it is! I prefer greatsword, k, thanks, I don’t need to be changing my weapons in a game that likes to promote “play the way you want” simply because one profession is kittenedly imba. You can stealth in stuns, you can move 50% faster in stealth with traits, you can stun and block finishes on both sides of the coin.

It’s time Anet do something about balancing your armor stats with your health pool and nerfing several aspects of this coward’s profession.