New content, almost like an expansion

in Suggestions

Posted by: Laryakan.1684

Laryakan.1684

Hello

Since we know that ArenaNet will not launch any expansion for now (and maybe forever), then I suggest to add the same content as we could see in an expansion through the Living World (I think it’s the ArenaNet goal), but a permanent content !

ArenaNet:

1. We are all waiting for the others elder dragons. << Very important !
2. Also, you said that we will see new skill and new traits .
3. You also said that we will have new races, but not new classes. We are all expecting to play Tengus.
4. You added Southsun and the Zephirite (temp) area. We are waiting many new areas and not temporary areas.

Thanks for considering your fans.

(Actually, I’m probably one of your most fervent fan).

Please guys, add your “BIG” and realistic suggestions/expectations for an “almost-new-expansion” patch through the Living World.

(edited by Laryakan.1684)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Justdeifyme.9387

Justdeifyme.9387

Wait and see, my Friend, Wait and see,

in Suggestions

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

Something big is in the pipeline. The living world team is one of the smaller content teams in the 300+ people company. All others are working on something, something big. Probably around christmas they’ll hit massive with a sledgehammer.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

in Suggestions

Posted by: Wallace MacBix.2089

Wallace MacBix.2089

Something big is in the pipeline. The living world team is one of the smaller content teams in the 300+ people company. All others are working on something, something big. Probably around christmas they’ll hit massive with a sledgehammer.

Was this hinted at in a blog post or something? I know what they’ve said in the “looking ahead 2013” post, but nothing seems as game breaking as you’re making it seem. Especially since dev’s have said a couple of times now, no new zones and no new big dragon fights this year.

The “big” things left that I know of for this year are:
Crafting up to 500, including ascended armor/weapons, and (time gated) T7 mats
New skills and traits (I hope that means new weapon skills over new utilities)
3 new fractals (AR, MF, and TR)

am I missing anything?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

I doubt we’ll actually fight a dragon in 2014, but I think we’ll start closing in on a dragon in 2014. Either that or the story will make a twist like in GW1 where there’s another threat to deal with.

in Suggestions

Wallace MacBix.2089

I doubt we’ll actually fight a dragon in 2014, but I think we’ll start closing in on a dragon in 2014. Either that or the story will make a twist like in GW1 where there’s another threat to deal with.

Yeah, it seems that we could be focusing on Kralkatorrik next, or maybe Elona.

in Suggestions

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

Was this hinted at in a blog post or something? I know what they’ve said in the “looking ahead 2013” post, but nothing seems as game breaking as you’re making it seem. Especially since dev’s have said a couple of times now, no new zones and no new big dragon fights this year.

They’ve made a few clear hints that the living world team is just a small part of the development team, and that the majority of the company is working on something. The Christmas part is my own guess but it seems like a good time for massive publicity.

Got no idea what they’ve got up their sleeve but other dragons are coming some day. No idea when.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

in Suggestions

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

Christmas was already made and they’ll probably re-use Tixx but add a little bit more (probably with the Living Story team) to add a flavorful change to Tixx’s Infinirarium (it would be awfully awkward to have his Infinirarium fail 2 years in a row for the same reason).

in Suggestions

Wallace MacBix.2089

They’ve made a few clear hints that the living world team is just a small part of the development team, and that the majority of the company is working on something. The Christmas part is my own guess but it seems like a good time for massive publicity.

Got no idea what they’ve got up their sleeve but other dragons are coming some day. No idea when.

Ah good to know. I really am excited for another dragon fight and/or some new areas. If I want a Elona or Cantha or just more zones on Tyria filled out more, I can’t say. They all sound pretty exciting (I just know I eventually want a house, and my own fang of Jormag to put in it). And I can’t wait for some more weapon skills (if that’s ever coming) to help make our builds more unique and not just “oh that’s a <X weapon> <Y profession>, I now know all of their weapon skills and most likely all of their utilities/gear/traits”.

in Suggestions

Laryakan.1684

IMO, releasing small content every 2 weeks is a good thing, and thanks to ArenaNet, the content is good and big enough to hold us a little bit more.

But I really want something big, something EPIC (I mean about PvE of course). If the Living World is here to make us wait for something BIG, it’s great, really. But if the Living World is here just for holding us without any expectation except more Living Story after that… I’m quite disapointed.

I’m maybe “old school”, I don’t know, but I gave to ArenaNet all my trust, and I really expect something EPIC from them. Today is starting the anniversary event. 1 year. Many games has already release some bigger contents after one year, but I don’t blame ArenaNet. I was waiting GW2 since 2008, I know that ArenaNet makes beautiful things if we let them taking their time. But I’m quite hurried to see what they are preparing !

(edited by Laryakan.1684)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

So, if I’m reading this right… The Suggestion is for them to do the thing they’ve already presented as their intent on at least three separate occasions.

TL;TR – Stay the Course.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

in Suggestions

Laryakan.1684

Yes, almost. Sometimes they have announced it, sometimes they did with some “maybe one day”. Sometimes they didn’t. The game was sold with many Elder Dragons, but for now, we only fought one of them.

PS: Why I can’t see my topic via the searchbar ? Oo

in Suggestions

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

You you want to hear, what we think what Anet should implemente via the 2 week updates as replacement for Add Ons ??

Alot of implementable content is way too big to implement it just with a little update that had 2 weeks of time to get developed/programmed/tested ect..

Chances are bigger for such content to find into the game, if anets splits the content up into multiple smaller parts and introduces new thigns step by step over the course of a month or several months in regal of how big the content is…

Lets look just a WvW, to realize what I mean with that… anet has constantly improved over the course of 2013 so far WvW, always putting in somethign small new to the game, like adding more WvW traits, the whole system about W-Exp, new mechanics like traps which miss currently also their corresponding trait skill and could also get enhanced by adding more trap types, than just the introduced 2 we have so far …
They added ascendend items to wvw ect. pp and that all slowly step by step in a way that those things fit into the updates.

One thing I’d like to see gettign done the same way is improving massively the character progression of GW2 by Anet introducing for all playable classes multiple Sub Classes.

They coulld split that kind of huge content into multiple parts, so that with each little update gets just introduced 1 new sub class per class over the course of say 3 updates over 3 months so that in the end all classes have 3 different sub classes.

The time between these introductions gives players time to check out step by step the new options.
This stuff, together with more Skill Balancing and Trait Balancing as also reworking the Trait System (what is something Anet has officially spoken off, that the want to do that to ensure, that every class has like 4-6 viable builds and not only 1-2) as also improving/redesigning certain class mechanics like turnign the thief venoms into a F-Skill that lets the player choose out, which poison he wants to use for the moment and replacing them with new utility skills.

Reworking/Redesignign the Elite Skills to make them truly elite and reworking the skill system, that there are no skills, that aren’t usable under water – in general implemeting also underwater specific traits with an own trait system which switches between land and water traits at the moment where you enter water or leave it.
Underwater Skills need a heavy rebalancing !! Lots of classes like warriors, mesmers, nekros, engineers or eles are OP under water, while thiefs and rangers totally suck in water, just guardians are halfway ok…

So this are things I’d like to see happening via the coming updates.
Anet needs to focus on more on polishign the games skill/trait mechanics for the overall game and character progression especially..

They should make a short break from living story (a little time of peace please for now instead of constant battles all over the world) against environmental enemies or against ourselfs and focus for some time more on the essential game mechanics to improve the game there massively, so that the skill system gets a bit more interestign and complex and stays not forever so extreme shallow and unflexible as like the current trait system works with all of those fixated weapon skills which get very quickly boring to hell.

A few more exchangeable weapon skil sets won’t instantly ruin the whole game.
No, it will make the game more interesing and flexible allowing also all classes to have more viable different builds allowing players to customize their classes more to their likings of their personal beloved play styles with class X
This together with adding more weapon types, as theres alot of missing stuff, like 2h axes, whips, chakrams, claws, quarterstakitten for melee combat, crossbows/recurvebows, halberds!, throwing knives/stars, flails …

This all are things, which are realistical for me to be added via step by step small updates.

But anything else, like introducting whole new explorable continents with lots of new maps, new playable classes, new playable races ect. thats all stuff, that should stay with cool new add ons that they should sell as Add ons (maybe with new collectors editions) for extra cosmetical stylish stuff ect.

GW2 stays still at the ground of the iceberg of its possibilities to improve.
Theres yet so extreme much unused potential in this game and we go ahead just to reach soon its first year…
I’m very interested in seeing how much this game will have changed, once it gets as old as GW1

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

in Suggestions

Laryakan.1684

But hey will not release any big content until…….. Who knows…
It’s good to improve the game, but little improvement we don’t see because we don’t play WvW or we’re not a classes which can use it… Can’t see the usefullness here. It’s obviously usefull, but this is just little improvement, not content.

I’m not flamming or trolling, ArenaNet did a very good job indeed, but if they don’t annouce anything like an expansion, I think I’ll go on The Elder Scrolls Online until they did it.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Llyren.3904

Llyren.3904

I am just hoping to see more permanent content as part of the living story.

Group things between Explorable mode Dungeons and World pvp would be welcome. Some two to six group non-timed content would be nice to see as well.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Stramatus.5219

Stramatus.5219

My guess is that the living story is leading up toa future expansion. To what end or type of content is anyone’s guess at this point. But I’m guessing it has to lead somewhere. The locked areas of Tyria aside which I could see being done in either an expansion or living story similar to Southsun, we can’t completely forget about areas like Elona and Cantha and what’s going on in those places.

Maybe its just me, but getting those new continents in GW1 with drastically different cultures and architecture and art directions were refreshing.

Sir Helvidius | Sir Beregond | Proud Ascalonian Humans
“Remember The Searing. We never forget, and never forgive.” – Family Motto

in Suggestions

Posted by: Shpongle.6025

Shpongle.6025

There will be at least 1 expansion. By 2017 we will surely have the 3rd or 4th expansion on our way.

Are you Shpongled?