Nicer Med. Outfits for Female Asura?

in Suggestions

Posted by: MrJackhammer.5478

MrJackhammer.5478

Okay, so I love my Asura Engineer. I use her all the time. And I constantly see Mesmer humans running around looking like Sailor Moon. I see other species wearing clothes that look like they pretty much got out of bed in their lingerie and immediately ran out the front door into Lion’s Arch. Even the humanoid Engineers are wearing sexy tight-fitting leather outfits.

So why do the Asura always have to dress like nasty little trolls? It feels very unfair. My Asura is pretty awesome looking… except the only armor I can ever get for her is a depressing trench coat.

No kidding, I would pay like $30 for a skirt outfit skin. Since it’s leather armor, how about some leather hotpants, a half jacket, and a tanktop? I’m GIVING YOU FREE REIN TO RIP ME OFF FOR THIS. I won’t even complain. I’m sick of everything making her look like an ugly troll.

It feels like the Asura are pretty much hated, their styles are so limited and frumpy.

Please? I keep waiting for something to happen and I’ve been disappointed for a year.

:(

(edited by MrJackhammer.5478)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

I think there are two main reasons why female Asura wear male armor. One is GW lore. Female Asura essentially have identical bodies as males. What male Asura find sexy in a female is large brains, long ears and the alluring scent of machine oil. Both male and female Asura would human type sexy armor ridiculous on a female Asura.

The second reason is a theory. That it is tied into considerations concerning making a small, childlike figure look sexy. That ANet had concerns about people putting clothing that is appropriate for an adult woman on a character that, in many cases, looks and moves like a toddler. Since the lingerie type armor can’t be assigned only to some races and not others, then Asuran females had to be set to wear male armor only. Which means they can’t make a skirt and tank top for female Asura because it would also be skirt and tank top for the males also.

Then there is a third reason why what you want will not happen anytime soon. For them to allow the females to wear a skirt, they would have to go through all the female armor and town clothes in the game and remodel them to fit on female Asura body shape. This would be a lot of work and it’s very unlikely they will ever do it.

in Suggestions

MrJackhammer.5478

I think there are two main reasons why female Asura wear male armor. One is GW lore. Female Asura essentially have identical bodies as males. What male Asura find sexy in a female is large brains, long ears and the alluring scent of machine oil. Both male and female Asura would human type sexy armor ridiculous on a female Asura.

Where are sunglasses in GW lore? What about any Asura who have acclimated to the styles of other species? Regardless of lore, there are plenty of loopholes and exceptions. The truth is, by using too much logic in a fantasy game, even humans would find the “sexy armor” in the game ridiculous.

The second reason is a theory. That it is tied into considerations concerning making a small, childlike figure look sexy. That ANet had concerns about people putting clothing that is appropriate for an adult woman on a character that, in many cases, looks and moves like a toddler. Since the lingerie type armor can’t be assigned only to some races and not others, then Asuran females had to be set to wear male armor only. Which means they can’t make a skirt and tank top for female Asura because it would also be skirt and tank top for the males also.

To begin with, you’ve just insulted midgets everywhere by basically saying “Because you’re short, you should forever be treated as a child.” A “toddler” who runs around lighting people and animals on fire with a flamethrower, no less. But apparently THAT is OKAY as long as they don’t show a little skin? Regardless, the outfit I suggested is nothing absurdly provocative; it is simply cuter than the Neo-In-The-Matrix coat my FEMALE Asura drags around all the time. And why could they not simply add a TRANSMUTE item that transmutes an armor set to look like what I suggested? They’ve already done this in the gem store for crying out loud! The rest of what you said about the male and female armor assignment simply makes no sense, because armor gender assignment works for every other race in the game.

Then there is a third reason why what you want will not happen anytime soon. For them to allow the females to wear a skirt, they would have to go through all the female armor and town clothes in the game and remodel them to fit on female Asura body shape. This would be a lot of work and it’s very unlikely they will ever do it.

Umm, why would they have to remodel anything? All they have to do is make an armor transmutation item available for sale in the gem store, like I said before.

in Suggestions

MrJackhammer.5478

in Suggestions

Posted by: Faowri.4159

Faowri.4159

This is one of those reasons why keeping armour sets the same across both genders and releasing sets that would have been very different on both genders as two separate armour sets would have been ideal.

Too much is made of gender in armour variation. If there was going to be variance within the same set, it should have been based on race. There’s where we have actual legitimate reason (culture, anatomy) that the sets wouldn’t look the same on an asura versus a human.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Chasind.3128

Chasind.3128

Asurans don’t care for how short your skirt doing flips is or how high those heels are while you’re running a zerg.
They’re more about what’s inside not outside to a degree.
I wouldn’t care for a skimpy armor on my asura; it would be like dressing a child up in that since they have child-like frames. That would be really weird & uncool.

Maybe an obvious more diversified look in armors that distinguishes female asurans between males, but certainly not alluring that hits anywhere near creepy.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Boysenberry.1869

Boysenberry.1869

I’ll side with the OP on this one. They are just asking for a skirt and a few other harmless female garments (the hotpants might be a bit much though) for Asura. And no one needs to be afraid of the idea because of how childlike the Asura look. Female children wear skirts all the time. Skirts don’t automatically mean sexy.

in Suggestions

Posted by: LoreChief.8391

LoreChief.8391

My female Asura Engineer looks amazing, I’m not sure what you’re complaining about. I attached a picture so you can drool in amazement.

I’m glad that they place so little emphasis on the aesthetic beauty of mates in Asuran society, and more importance on the enthusiasm, intelligence, wit and curiosity. Also, if you think about the fact that Asura are anthromorphed rodents of sorts, it only makes sense that they be mostly gender-similar since not many actual mammals look different from their opposite-sex counterparts.

Attachments:

in Suggestions

MrJackhammer.5478

You know, the simple thing is… If you don’t want to have a skirt or something, then don’t use it. Why do you come here and want to make it so NOBODY can have one on an Asurra because YOU don’t want one???

Don’t use it yourself. How would it hurt you so badly if someone who DOES want one manages to get it???

And if you’re such a creep that you think an Asura looks like a child… you’ve got issues that aren’t going to be solved by whining in here. My Asura may be short but she is certainly an adult thank you very much.

(edited by MrJackhammer.5478)

in Suggestions

Posted by: LoreChief.8391

LoreChief.8391

You must have the reading intelligence of a human progeny. Let me explain everything I said up above in words you will understand, bookah.

Asura don’t wear skirts. Skirts are designed for the fashionable feature of attracting a lover, in places where potential lovers are into that kind of thing; “Showing skin”. Asura do not attract lovers with skin, as it is neither functional, nor efficient. They attract each other with intelligent designs and brilliantly functional fashions.

Human females may show off their thighs in an attempt at attracting the attention of potential mates, because in human culture = physical beauty/appearance is the desired trait. In Asuran society, both Asuran males and females will attract mates by being scientifically creative, inventive, and possessing of mental qualities that are capable of sustaining a professional/philosophical partnership.

What you are suggesting is for Asurans to abandon their culture and adopt human culture instead. Simply put, you want to assimilate them and destroy their culture. Unacceptable. Improbable. Blasphemous.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Hannelore.8153

Hannelore.8153

Just a note, for the female Medium Asura there’s no solution – you can either wear the trench coats (that clip all your weapons), or the cultural armor, but neither is ideal. However if you run an Asura Heavy you can still have a skirt called the Pit Fighter’s Skirt because its also wearable by males. Although this results in the usual pantyshots while running and other behaviors you see from the females other races, so some might find it a bit “strange” if they are put off by that. The blue comment on my piece of armor is even “Real men wear skirts” which is kind of funny. :P

Attachments:

Daisuki [SUKI] LGBT-Friendly Guild Leader | NA – Jade Quarry
I’m usually really sweet… but this an internet forum and you know how it has to be.
/i’m a lesbiab… lesbiam… less bien… GIRLS/

(edited by Hannelore.8153)

in Suggestions

MrJackhammer.5478

You must have the reading intelligence of a human progeny. Let me explain everything I said up above in words you will understand, bookah.

Asura don’t wear skirts. Skirts are designed for the fashionable feature of attracting a lover, in places where potential lovers are into that kind of thing; “Showing skin”. Asura do not attract lovers with skin, as it is neither functional, nor efficient. They attract each other with intelligent designs and brilliantly functional fashions.

Human females may show off their thighs in an attempt at attracting the attention of potential mates, because in human culture = physical beauty/appearance is the desired trait. In Asuran society, both Asuran males and females will attract mates by being scientifically creative, inventive, and possessing of mental qualities that are capable of sustaining a professional/philosophical partnership.

What you are suggesting is for Asurans to abandon their culture and adopt human culture instead. Simply put, you want to assimilate them and destroy their culture. Unacceptable. Improbable. Blasphemous.

Nonsense. I’m playing as an Asura, and I’m totally for this. Therefore, Asura are for this cuz I might as well be one of them. Your argument is closeminded and invalid sir.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Shades.4572

Shades.4572

Just saying have you seen the light armor for Asura they have skirts on, or at least skirt like outfits. Sure there is pants under the skirts, but they are wearing skirts. So your point that Asuras don’t wear skirts, isn’t true.

I do agree with you how lore-wise they shouldn’t show skin. On another note the fact that they do have child-like body structures (short, no boobs) it does kind of blur the line as to how far can they/should they take it. Because of that is why I wouldn’t want the exact same human female skins redone to the Asura.

That being said I don’t see a reason why there can’t be a distinction in clothes whether you are male or female. Obviously they are not “identical” to each other since they have gender based hairstyles. So I say what’s wrong with female asuras having armor the same as female humans but slightly modified. For example…

• Phoenix: Add pants under the feather skirt and maybe make it a tank top instead of the tube top.
  • Magitech: Have part over the belt corset solid/no boob emphasis and add leggins/tights to hide the skin of the thigh
  • Braham: (First off slightly silly since female is showing half their chest with the male version) The top can not have straps highlighting the boobs and be turned into a tank top instead of a tube tope and again add pants/tights under the skirt to hide the skin.

Really the main things on all the armors they would have to change is adding tights/pants under the skirts that are a bit too much, removing all straps/lines/stitching that emphasizes boobs, and possibly elongating tops to cover more of the belly.

Overall that would make many female Asura happy and wouldn’t be too far out of reach or over the line. Same goes for Charr for that matter, but they have their own issues when it comes to armor.

(edited by Shades.4572)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Frotee.2634

Frotee.2634

Frankly, putting an Asura female in your typical female armor would look ridiculous – simply because most female gear in the game is made around showing off boobs, and Asura don’t have boobs.
Note: This is criticism of female gear in the game, not Asuran anatomy. I would like to see different armor on male and female asurans, but I don’t really see it working with what we already have ingame. Also: More pants for scholars, please. I hate skirts.

Polka will never die

in Suggestions

MrJackhammer.5478

Frankly, putting an Asura female in your typical female armor would look ridiculous – simply because most female gear in the game is made around showing off boobs, and Asura don’t have boobs.
Note: This is criticism of female gear in the game, not Asuran anatomy. I would like to see different armor on male and female asurans, but I don’t really see it working with what we already have ingame. Also: More pants for scholars, please. I hate skirts.

Can’t say I agree with this. I’ve been to Japan and I saw a lot of gorgeous women with no boobs. I actually think it’s pretty sad that the only thing people care about is boob size. Who says you have to have boobs to dress nice??? I think it would be perfectly fine for an Asuran… after all, they have nice hair styles. Why can’t they have some nice clothes too? If all the arguments about “they don’t care how they look” are true, then why do the Asuran females have such sweet hairstyles???

in Suggestions

Posted by: Flying Cowman.9036

Flying Cowman.9036

I see other species wearing clothes that look like they pretty much got out of bed in their lingerie and immediately ran out the front door into Lion’s Arch. Even the humanoid Engineers are wearing sexy tight-fitting leather outfits.

So yeah, here’s my Norn Engineer.
They should totally make this the Female and Male version for Asurans.
Sick of no choice for medium, just trench coats – that’s why male too.

Attachments:

in Suggestions

Posted by: Shades.4572

Shades.4572

Can’t say I agree with this. I’ve been to Japan and I saw a lot of gorgeous women with no boobs. I actually think it’s pretty sad that the only thing people care about is boob size. Who says you have to have boobs to dress nice??? I think it would be perfectly fine for an Asuran… after all, they have nice hair styles. Why can’t they have some nice clothes too? If all the arguments about “they don’t care how they look” are true, then why do the Asuran females have such sweet hairstyles???

What he/she is saying is that the clothes in the game are made to be for characters with boobs. Which is true the designs just emphasize the boobs so going from a glorious chest to nothing would make some outfits look weird. So since the asura have no boobs they need modifications to the clothes so they still look nice on them.

(edited by Shades.4572)