No More Jumping Puzzles

No More Jumping Puzzles

in Suggestions

Posted by: AmidimA.2795

AmidimA.2795

I have a great suggestion. Please stop putting Jump Puzzles in your game. They are too frustrating to complete. I know a bunch of Anet fanbois are going to include in the comment section below “But we love JPs, they’re great fun”. Well, let me give you a more accurate portrait of what your players think about your jump puzzles. I have not met 1 single person in game who enjoys them. Not a single one. My guild hates them, my gf hates them because her computer can’t make quick precise jumps. The people in there trying to complete them hate them. They’re annoying, and they’re lazy programming because you should be putting real content in your game like dungeons or actual puzzles. I write this as I sit in your new Kites Over Celadon JP, which you made just about as bad as the Mad King’s Clock Tower. Look Anet, seriously, cut it out with the jump puzzles all ready and listen to your fan base.

No More Jumping Puzzles

in Suggestions

Posted by: Duke Nukem.6783

Duke Nukem.6783

i aggree they are fustrating and not alot of fun when they get too difficult but i wudnt call them lazy programming by any means, i could even learn to like them with a few small changes, like free way points to tele to when i get a certain way through like a checkpoint, or not putting enemies in the jumping puzzles because we both know that making them attack me and thus making me move slower so i cant jump anywhere is BULLlllllll

No More Jumping Puzzles

in Suggestions

AmidimA.2795

i aggree they are fustrating and not alot of fun when they get too difficult but i wudnt call them lazy programming by any means, i could even learn to like them with a few small changes, like free way points to tele to when i get a certain way through like a checkpoint, or not putting enemies in the jumping puzzles because we both know that making them attack me and thus making me move slower so i cant jump anywhere is BULLlllllll

That might work out with the check points. And I totally agree, Anet should have thought about the other systems they put in place like their camera angles and slowing down in combat before depending on Jump Puzzles to serve as such a larger portion of their gameplay. Maybe JPs wouldn’t be soooo bad if they got rid of slowing down in combat (which I suggest they remove entirely as a game mechanic because it serves 0 purpose and is more frustrating than anything)

No More Jumping Puzzles

in Suggestions

Posted by: AntiGw.9367

AntiGw.9367

Arena.net has accurate statistics on how many people like doing Jumping Puzzles. They don’t need useless suggestions like this one.

You have something constructive to say? Good. You say something based on less information than they have? Bad.

No More Jumping Puzzles

in Suggestions

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

Dis content, I do not like eet. Please remove. Only the tings I like may be in da game.

No More Jumping Puzzles

in Suggestions

Posted by: g e o.2589

g e o.2589

Well OP if your guild hates JPs doesnt mean no one likes them. I know a lot of people who enjoy JPs and have done all kitten have I. I see you also mentioned we dont get dungeons. cough sky pirates, F&F, Southsun cough before you say “yeah but these are just temporal” Oh come on, a dungeon is much bigger content than JP and the most challenging JPs have also been temporal, Clocktower, Wintersday, This new kite city.

No More Jumping Puzzles

in Suggestions

AmidimA.2795

No More Jumping Puzzles

in Suggestions

Posted by: JoshuaRAWR.4653

JoshuaRAWR.4653

So because YOU don’t like them, they should completely remove them from the game?

At the moment, i don’t appear to be too fond of you because of this arrogant thread, should they remove you as well?

Warrior 80 | Guardian 80 | Ranger 80 | Engineer 80 |
Thief 80 | Elementalist 80 | Mesmer 80 | Necromancer 80 | Revenant TBA

No More Jumping Puzzles

in Suggestions

Posted by: Onshidesigns.1069

Onshidesigns.1069

I have a great suggestion. Please stop putting Jump Puzzles in your game. They are too frustrating to complete. I know a bunch of Anet fanbois are going to include in the comment section below “But we love JPs, they’re great fun”. Well, let me give you a more accurate portrait of what your players think about your jump puzzles. I have not met 1 single person in game who enjoys them. Not a single one. My guild hates them, my gf hates them because her computer can’t make quick precise jumps. The people in there trying to complete them hate them. They’re annoying, and they’re lazy programming because you should be putting real content in your game like dungeons or actual puzzles. I write this as I sit in your new Kites Over Celadon JP, which you made just about as bad as the Mad King’s Clock Tower. Look Anet, seriously, cut it out with the jump puzzles all ready and listen to your fan base.

Actually I was going to say. “F-U, bring on more jumping puzzles!”

No More Jumping Puzzles

in Suggestions

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

You know you got a great suggestion when someone uses anecdotal evidence and the ‘if you like them you must be a fanboi’ logic.

That aside, if Anet listened to the groups of players like you that say ‘stop adding stuff I don’t like’, the game will never get anything added to it.

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

No More Jumping Puzzles

in Suggestions

Posted by: Devata.6589

Devata.6589

Heey AmidimA nice to meet you.

You just met another person who likes them. So you better edit your post because it’s not accurate anymore.

Jumping Puzzles are the best part of GW2. The only negative about it is then once you done them a few times they are to easy to really do another time. It would be nice to have more randomly moving parts in jumping puzzles so they stay a challenge. Also the reward could then be better. Basically jumping puzzles should be one of the options you have to level your chars but I do understand they are now to easy for that.

Simply introduce jp’s with randomly moving parts and give the option for a ‘hard mode’ where you can not use portals and swiftness (the passive speed increase some professions have can stay I think) . When completing a dungeon in hard mode your should then be much more rewarded with loot and xp.

The JP in Caledon Forest (spiral) is my favorite just as the Mad King’s Clock Tower.

I like them because they are hard (well the first two times). The fact that you specifically refer to those two shows it has more to do with a lack of skill. It’s true that on very bad PC’s they are a little harder but still they are doable.

@Duke Nukem mobs in JP’s can indeed be a bad idea but it sort of depends on the JP. For example the one in Caledon Forest they are in the middle down. They don’t really effect your jumping (just the first few jumps when going up again) and then there are some flowers who you can easily kill. I thinks thats a good way of using mobs in a JP. It makes it sort of like a mini-dungeon. However there are also mobs in the sky-pirate JP and they do effect your jumping a lot (mainly the ones on the floor) and thats an example of mobs that are bad in jp’s because it does not really have anything to do with jumping-skills anymore or remove slowing down in combat what would be even better because I don’t like that mechanic at all.

(edited by Devata.6589)

No More Jumping Puzzles

in Suggestions

Posted by: Gabby.3205

Gabby.3205

Hello, I like JPs too.

I understand that there are people that dislike them, and that’s why I try to help by giving portals to those who ask for them (when I get to the end of the puzzle with my mesmer, something that I can’t always do).
I am not such a good jumper and sometimes I have problems with latency, but some of the most beautiful places in the game are JPs, so it is worth it.

Tarnished Coast
Astrid Strongheart, Norn Ranger.
“I wish juvenile wolves were bigger”

No More Jumping Puzzles

in Suggestions

Posted by: JETWING.2759

JETWING.2759

Usseles and no constructive topic :/

If you do not like Jumping Puzles, just do not make it.

I like very much of JP, and i think they was a great idea of Anet. They trully helped GW2 to be elected the game of year in 2012, Anet will make a big fail if stop put more JP.

Most players here comes to GW2 because inovation and diversification, among another things.
When i think that GW2 became another Lineage2, WoW, or same mmo, i just leave this game.

No More Jumping Puzzles

in Suggestions

Posted by: Willowleaf.5721

Willowleaf.5721

I agree with OP, stop making jumping puzzles as main contents of the game, and start working on real contents instead, like Cantha. I don’t mind them as something minimal, a mini-game, that can be done on the side if you like them so much, and those who hate them or cannot do them are not forced to do them. But stop forcing those jumping puzzles in everyone’s throat.

Necro (LV 80), thief, ele, guardian, engineer, revenant, ranger.

(edited by Willowleaf.5721)

No More Jumping Puzzles

in Suggestions

Player Character.9467

Jumping puzzles aren’t the main parts of the game and aren’t forced on you at all, every jumping puzzle is a small detour on the side of the map that provides you with nothing but the AP for doing the puzzle.

No More Jumping Puzzles

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rainbow Sprint.3215

Rainbow Sprint.3215

I write this as I sit in your new Kites Over Celadon JP, which you made just about as bad as the Mad King’s Clock Tower. Look Anet, seriously, cut it out with the jump puzzles all ready and listen to your fan base.

Actually that JP has existed in the game since launch.

Your guild does not make up a majority of the playerbase. If you were actually in a large guild you would know that guilds are hard capped at 500 members, so you and your guild and your gf would be 501 people if your guild was full, out of thousands of people.

If you ask in LA map chat or in my guild what most of them think of jumping puzzles, most of them love them, the ones who dont understand you don’t have to do jumping puzzles. Even the clock tower which most people agree is the hardest jumping puzzle in the game to date,most people loved it.

If your gf doesnt have the computer to handle jumping puzzles, stop dragging her to them. and if you keep going back to jumping puzzles enough that you notice a problem, some part of you must enjoy them; else why do you play a game you don’t enjoy? I run a 5 year old computer and have completed every jumping puzzle in the game, and can even run GW2 on decent settings.

No More Jumping Puzzles

in Suggestions

Posted by: ZachariahtheBullfrog.5302

ZachariahtheBullfrog.5302

I don’t like jumping puzzles, simply because my computer isn’t fast enough to do them. It’s to aggravating when I’m halfway through the puzzle, then before I jump, I lag, and end up having to run all the way back to the JP, restart it, then have the same thing happen again.

No More Jumping Puzzles

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ravij.9856

Ravij.9856

The only jumping puzzle that infuriates me the most is the “Not So Secret” Jumping puzzle; especially trying to get to the Diving Goggles at the end. I want to punch a kitten through a screen with that puzzle…

No More Jumping Puzzles

in Suggestions

Posted by: Woljnir.7810

Woljnir.7810

Hmm, I’ve actually enjoyed doing about 90% of them, and have about 6-7 left before finishing them all. I’ll admit some of were a kittenhole to complete, but the vast majority I’ve thoroughly enjoyed.

No More Jumping Puzzles

in Suggestions

Posted by: SSalp.6423

SSalp.6423

Kitten you OP, I love jumping puzzles and I want more of them! enough said.
Also you don’t HAVE to do them so if you don’t like them just don’t.

Immotal Kingdom[KING] – Desolation

No More Jumping Puzzles

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lord Trejgon.2809

Lord Trejgon.2809

actually I merely tolerate jumping puzzles (I have too bad luck too jumps to have fun from it) but I’ll do most of them (and many actually I’ve done) because that is “easy” 10 achievement points
in explorer I have all but that “be changed into something by skrit burglar” slayer is boring weapon master are loooong way and with living story achievements completed in 3-4 days I need something I can do

but actually I know one mesmer who loves jumping puzzles…

“-Shield is meant to be broken!”
“-and on this occasion I keep mine plate armors”
discussion about offensive/deffensive playstyles

No More Jumping Puzzles

in Suggestions

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Not the only one doesn’t make you the majority.

I can show you how many people dislike PvP from many threads…should Anet not put more PvP into the game?

No More Jumping Puzzles

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

I like JP’s. To the OP: You should suggest they fix the issues with the camera and other issues that make jumping puzzles so frustrating to begin with.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

(edited by Mad Queen Malafide.7512)

No More Jumping Puzzles

in Suggestions

Posted by: Amadan.9451

Amadan.9451

i don’t like jumping puzzle but i completed all of them for the achievement and the fact that if i found some of them accidentally i was never able to give up if i don’t complete them.
i used a mesmer portal only on skipping stones (well most of it, not all of it actually).

anyway, the fact i don’t like them but i want to complete them is my problem, i wouldn’t say to delete them from the game. it’s not my place to decide and they offer a diversion to tons of players.

my only complaint in another thread related to jp was that new content sometimes don’t offer them as a diversion. the all botfw is a jumping puzzle just from a waypoint to the other, fairly easy to do (not talking about crystal collection, just go to first wp to the second) but still a jumping puzzle, also with skills that overwrite yours but not usable in combat.
so my complaint was the spersonifications of classes in the game and more and more jumped based content.
but people love it so i think i must love it too or just stop playing it or stop playing all together.

Looking for a gay friendly guild?
Join the Rainbow Pride

No More Jumping Puzzles

in Suggestions

Posted by: Katz.5143

Katz.5143

Or they could put the jumping puzzles into the game, but not tie them to other achievements. Have a separate jumping puzzle achievement that does not contribute to a reward that is unrelated.

My oldest son LOVES the JPs and he is very good at them. He does not look up how to do them. Instead he figures them out himself. Therefore, I understand how someone can love them.

I, on the other hand, might rage quit the game if I have to do them for a reward that I really want. I’m terrible at them coupled with I don’t enjoy them that much. If I was terrible at them but enjoyed them and wanted to get better that would be different.

It’s a kitten conspiracy. Kittens gonna be kittens. All is vain!

No More Jumping Puzzles

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lord Trejgon.2809

Lord Trejgon.2809

I think that OP doesn’t meant to delete all but just stop to adding one by one….

“-Shield is meant to be broken!”
“-and on this occasion I keep mine plate armors”
discussion about offensive/deffensive playstyles

No More Jumping Puzzles

in Suggestions

JETWING.2759

Or they could put the jumping puzzles into the game, but not tie them to other achievements. Have a separate jumping puzzle achievement that does not contribute to a reward that is unrelated.

My oldest son LOVES the JPs and he is very good at them. He does not look up how to do them. Instead he figures them out himself. Therefore, I understand how someone can love them.

I, on the other hand, might rage quit the game if I have to do them for a reward that I really want. I’m terrible at them coupled with I don’t enjoy them that much. If I was terrible at them but enjoyed them and wanted to get better that would be different.

Then you want to punish all players that likes JP just because you don’t like to make it?
Bad idea!

No More Jumping Puzzles

in Suggestions

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

OP, if you don’t like JPs, don’t do them. If you’re complaining about the rewards being in them because you can’t get to them…get a mesmer to help you. That’d be the easiest way to finish them and get your rewards. But really, what your guild thinks does not equal what everybody thinks. I personally love JPs and will go out of my way to do them.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

No More Jumping Puzzles

in Suggestions

Devata.6589

With that logic should take all rewards / achievements away because some don’t like JP’s, some don’t like dungeons, some don’t like…. I would love to see them be more useful for leveling. JP’s are a big part of GW2 but they are useless for leveling or loot. You get some AP the first time you do them and thats it. I would prefer leveling ,my alts with some very hard JP’s over doing hearths for example. Or I would prefer earning skins by doing JP’s in stead of doing dungeons. You can level in this game with dungeons, WvW hearths and events but sadly JP’s is not an option. So I would see giving them a bigger role.. of course not a unique role so people who don’t like it can reach there goals in other ways but if there would be some unique item/ skill only as rare drop from one JP chest (providing the chest is available every time you do the JP, not once a day) then thats no problem if they also put another rare skin in a dungeon.

No More Jumping Puzzles

in Suggestions

Devata.6589

I think that OP doesn’t meant to delete all but just stop to adding one by one….

Well they should keep adding more.

No More Jumping Puzzles

in Suggestions

Posted by: Enola B Twenty Nine.2631

Enola B Twenty Nine.2631

People suggesting that if we do not like jumping puzzles, then we should just not do them, are missing the fundamental issue at stake, achievement points. Arena.net should take away the points, then those who like them can do them, those who don’t, won’t get penalised for having less dexterity.
Anyway, I realise they are not going away even if many don’t like them. I suggest a compromise:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Jumping-Puzzle-improvement-so-more-enjoyable/first#post2456230

No More Jumping Puzzles

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dual.8953

Dual.8953

People suggesting that if we do not like jumping puzzles, then we should just not do them, are missing the fundamental issue at stake, achievement points. Arena.net should take away the points, then those who like them can do them, those who don’t, won’t get penalised for having less dexterity.
Anyway, I realise they are not going away even if many don’t like them. I suggest a compromise:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Jumping-Puzzle-improvement-so-more-enjoyable/first#post2456230

You’re looking at Achievement Points backwards. You aren’t entitled to achievement points. You are awarded them when you earn them. To my knowledge, there’s not even a max AP score. Every day you can earn more achievement points doing your daily.

Registered Altaholic
Part-time Kittenposter

No More Jumping Puzzles

in Suggestions

JETWING.2759

You’re looking at Achievement Points backwards. You aren’t entitled to achievement points. You are awarded them when you earn them. To my knowledge, there’s not even a max AP score. Every day you can earn more achievement points doing your daily.

Yes.

He talk like he alredy done all game’s challengers, alredy gets all achievements and JP are the one thing that he don’t done yet.

And even he get done, every day apear 2, and all month apear more 2, not talking about updates. The jp is the extra thing to gain more points, some them are hard, but most then are very easy.

(edited by JETWING.2759)

No More Jumping Puzzles

in Suggestions

Posted by: CreativeAnarchy.6324

CreativeAnarchy.6324

I like the jumping puzzles.

My only complaint is the camera.

Some are very easy, some are very difficult. I’ve done them all and enjoyed every one, especially the harder ones.

Mad King and Aetherblade ones were my favorites.

Please keep putting in jumping puzzles and ignore posters like the OP, especially since they started the thread in a condensending tone calling posters such as myself a Anet Fanboi. I think the OP is trolling and I’m going to calling posters like them trolls.

I speak for my self and no one else. Only fools believe they speak for a majority.

(edited by CreativeAnarchy.6324)

No More Jumping Puzzles

in Suggestions

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

I like the jumping puzzles, but a little sugestion…. checkpoints please!!!.

I loved Spekk’s laboratory because I could go save the progress in the terminals… I hated doing the southsun one in anything other than my mesmer because one missjump meant doing it all over again (of course, didn’t help that the hardest part for me was the beggining), and even with my mesmer it became tedious sometimes to wait in a safe spot for the portal to get off cooldown so I could portal back up in case I screwed.

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

No More Jumping Puzzles

in Suggestions

Enola B Twenty Nine.2631

Oh come on, the Achievement Points are there. They are there to be done! Achievement Points are also connected with rewards and titles. Accumulation of these points is an integral part of the game.

Next, JP’s are NOT the same as killing bosses, or doing general missions. Like a First Person Shooter, some people have it and some don’t. Some people can control their eye movement, their fingers on the keyboard, and figure out just how to get their fingers “working” correctly. I can read about the weaknesses of bosses, I can make changes to my build, and I can exploit game AI by learning and understanding the game. JP’s work in a different way with your ability to coordinate your fingers unlike most other parts of the game.

Anyway, even if you agreed with me or not, a lot of frustration has been aimed at JP’s. Even whole blogs have been written on how crap they are. All I am saying is, Arena.net should hopefully take notice of this, as they want the best enjoyment from their game. And it is a freakingly good game!

As JP’s are liked by some people, I am certainly in favour of keeping JP’s and just taking some of the frustration out by having various starting points along the way to go back to.

No More Jumping Puzzles

in Suggestions

Player Character.9467

Oh come on, the Achievement Points are there. They are there to be done! Achievement Points are also connected with rewards and titles. Accumulation of these points is an integral part of the game.

Next, JP’s are NOT the same as killing bosses, or doing general missions. Like a First Person Shooter, some people have it and some don’t. Some people can control their eye movement, their fingers on the keyboard, and figure out just how to get their fingers “working” correctly. I can read about the weaknesses of bosses, I can make changes to my build, and I can exploit game AI by learning and understanding the game. JP’s work in a different way with your ability to coordinate your fingers unlike most other parts of the game.

Anyway, even if you agreed with me or not, a lot of frustration has been aimed at JP’s. Even whole blogs have been written on how crap they are. All I am saying is, Arena.net should hopefully take notice of this, as they want the best enjoyment from their game. And it is a freakingly good game!

As JP’s are liked by some people, I am certainly in favour of keeping JP’s and just taking some of the frustration out by having various starting points along the way to go back to.

You want AP removed from JP’s because you don’t like JP’s. The exact same argument could be made for WvW, Dungeons, Explorer, etc. Now we have no AP. What did you accomplish?

No More Jumping Puzzles

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zomaarwat.3912

Zomaarwat.3912

But I love JPs, they’re great fun! Lots of people do in fact, there should be more of them in the main cities or something. And Kites over Caledon JP has checkpoints.

Over a year and the forum search is still broken = /

No More Jumping Puzzles

in Suggestions

Posted by: Katz.5143

Katz.5143

With that logic should take all rewards / achievements away because some don’t like JP’s, some don’t like dungeons, some don’t like…. I would love to see them be more useful for leveling. JP’s are a big part of GW2 but they are useless for leveling or loot. You get some AP the first time you do them and thats it. I would prefer leveling ,my alts with some very hard JP’s over doing hearths for example. Or I would prefer earning skins by doing JP’s in stead of doing dungeons. You can level in this game with dungeons, WvW hearths and events but sadly JP’s is not an option. So I would see giving them a bigger role.. of course not a unique role so people who don’t like it can reach there goals in other ways but if there would be some unique item/ skill only as rare drop from one JP chest (providing the chest is available every time you do the JP, not once a day) then thats no problem if they also put another rare skin in a dungeon.

Uh..no. I said have a SEPARATE achievement. That means they have an achievement.
That does not contribute to a reward that is UNRELATED. So it has its own achievement and its own reward.

And why can’t they have more achievements and rewards for each category? A dungeon set, a fractile set, and jp set, a minigame set, a sPvP set, a WvW set, a PvE set.

It’s a kitten conspiracy. Kittens gonna be kittens. All is vain!

(edited by Katz.5143)

No More Jumping Puzzles

in Suggestions

Player Character.9467

Uh..no. I said have a SEPARATE achievement. That means they have an achievement.
That does not contribute to a reward that is UNRELATED. So it has its own achievement and its own reward.

And why can’t they have more achievements and rewards for each category? A dungeon set, a fractile set, and jp set, a minigame set, a sPvP set, a WvW set, a PvE set.

because if you split each one into their own rewards, you get the systems already in place
-dungeon tokens
-fractal relics
-JP chests
-sPvP skins
-badges of honor

No More Jumping Puzzles

in Suggestions

Posted by: Stealth Paladin.4361

Stealth Paladin.4361

Yeah I think this is a good idea. I love JPs but I also suck at them miserably! lol.
It would be really nice if achievements from JP wouldn’t be a prerequisite to most others.

At the same time, fully completing every game task in a region really, in real life, is somewhat of an achievement. It takes more effort than for instance not doing the JP in that region. Makes sense to me that a completionist gets bonus for completing.

Anyway keeping JPs, adding checkpoints (as has been done a little already now..) and making sure achievements make sense. That’s my vote.

No More Jumping Puzzles

in Suggestions

Posted by: Marc Warner.6417

Marc Warner.6417

I know a few people that hate them, more that can stand them but aren’t very good at them and as for myself, I think they’re alright they aren’t actually very difficult when you give them some time and to be fair, its not ArenaNets fault that your Girlfriends computer can’t run the game properly or at least enough to do some platforming.

I agree that they should be focusing more on perma content like new dungeons and such but I don’t think that Jumping Puzzles particularity take away from those developments.

No More Jumping Puzzles

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I love JP’s and would never want them to be removed. That said, I do understand that they are just frustrating, or even impossible, for some players due to various issues. As such, I do agree that a Living Story meta-achievement should be able to be completed without doing any JP’s. (Secret of Southsun was a great example of this. Sky Pirates and Bazaar, not so much.)

No More Jumping Puzzles

in Suggestions

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

There is a current max that changes each day based on dailies/monthlies and then tacking on all the other achievements. However, this cap is unattainable due to people having missed dailies and, in the current lifespan of this game, the bulk of PvP and WvW achievements are impossible to complete all the way.

No More Jumping Puzzles

in Suggestions

Posted by: Elthurien.8356

Elthurien.8356

I have a love-hate relationship with JPs, I love the idea of them but I hate sucking at them. I love the easier ones that are more of an exploration than a challenge. I love the mini-dungeon type JPs like the one in Arathi Hinterland or Ascalonian themed ones

No More Jumping Puzzles

in Suggestions

Posted by: ArkAngel.7940

ArkAngel.7940

Mad Kings Clocktower was THE BEST JP I ever ran, well most fun. Who didn’t love it when Charr and Norn were running it too? I thought they made the Christmas(err… Wintersday!) JP too easy to compensate for the halloween one. The first time I found the LA pirate JP it was incredible! The Aetherblades one was a ton of fun also, with all the steam and potential to fall off and it was hard! Took an hour or so to complete it. Maybe I am doing this wrong by liking Jumping Puzzles? I love running the OS puzzle, even with campers! I don’t complain about the campers. If I get mad about them I just do something else and come back later and they are usually gone.

Did I mention jumping puzzles are fun? I probably missed that part.

And add checkpoints? What is this easy mode? Everyone is so carebear nowadays.

Henge of Denravi [HoD]
The best player in the game
“I’m better than all of you!”

No More Jumping Puzzles

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ameepa.6793

Ameepa.6793

But I love JPs, they’re great fun!

No More Jumping Puzzles

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

What are you talking, TC? I bought this game for jumping puzzles! I want at least 2 new jumping puzzles every month because Mario Galaxy 1 and 2 weren’t enough for me.

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

No More Jumping Puzzles

in Suggestions

Posted by: castlemanic.3198

castlemanic.3198

Maybe JPs wouldn’t be soooo bad if they got rid of slowing down in combat (which I suggest they remove entirely as a game mechanic because it serves 0 purpose and is more frustrating than anything)

Actually the whole point of putting that is to prevent players from being able to just run through groups of enemies, which would make events, JPs and other content completely trivial otherwise. I do agree it’s annoying, but it does serve a purpose.

No More Jumping Puzzles

in Suggestions

Enola B Twenty Nine.2631

I am not saying get rid of them, as they are an innovative part of the game, and enjoyable for some.
I am suggesting certain puzzles are reworked to decrease frustration from repeatedly having to take ages to get to certain points in the puzzle, only to fall and have to take ages to get back again to that point where you fell. I got to the end of a puzzle in Fields of Ruin, and the last part I fell… twice. This is not fun, and enough people have complained about them.

So, please do not take JP’s away, just redesign them a bit, that should help a lot of people.