Non Ascended Servers

Non Ascended Servers

in Suggestions

Posted by: Aradian.9086

Aradian.9086

Hello, will you open a few servers without the new stat gear?
I would be very happy to keep playing the game I loved.
thanks in advance

Non Ascended Servers

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kaimick.5109

Kaimick.5109

My only question is why?

Non Ascended Servers

in Suggestions

Aradian.9086

My only question is why?

well, as it turns out there are some folks that don’t like the new ascended gear. This is not an inflammatory statement, check out the big merged threads on this forum.

Non Ascended Servers

in Suggestions

Posted by: Awesome.6120

Awesome.6120

My only question is why?

well, as it turns out there are some folks that don’t like the new ascended gear. This is not an inflammatory statement, check out the big merged threads on this forum.

I don’t like some of the class changes they’ve made. Should I ask for separate servers where thieves are never nerfed?

[SFD] – Maguuma

Non Ascended Servers

in Suggestions

Posted by: Joseph Skyrim.2470

Joseph Skyrim.2470

I’m with Aradian on this one.

And Awesome, as a fellow thief I’m all for that too – except only thieves would play there! Thief Wars 2. “Taffing taffers! Stop taffing around!” :P

Non Ascended Servers

in Suggestions

Kaimick.5109

So ok you don’t like the new ascended gear, who is making you go get it? Who is making you do FoTM?

I guess I am to simple minded to understand how something that has no affect on over game play UNLESS your are doing FoTM. Which you can still do up to Level 8 I believe till you really need the Ascended gear.

So I guess the more pressing question is, How is Ascended gear affecting how you play or even your game play?

As Ascended gear is only slightly better than Exotic.

Non Ascended Servers

in Suggestions

Aradian.9086

So ok you don’t like the new ascended gear, who is making you go get it? Who is making you do FoTM?

I guess I am to simple minded to understand how something that has no affect on over game play UNLESS your are doing FoTM. Which you can still do up to Level 8 I believe till you really need the Ascended gear.

So I guess the more pressing question is, How is Ascended gear affecting how you play or even your game play?

As Ascended gear is only slightly better than Exotic.

*too simple minded, you would be too simple minded.
To answer your question, the addition of ascended gear has stopped me from playing completely. It impinges on a fundamental design characteristic that is very important to me.
Now let me turn your questions around on you, how is my asking for a separate server *effecting how you play or even your game play?

Non Ascended Servers

in Suggestions

Joseph Skyrim.2470

Didn’t say I don’t like FoTM. It’s a very pretty and nice dungeon that I want to run, not for the gear but just for the hell of it. Don’t tell me that only gear-grinders can enjoy the new stuff.

Ofcourse when they’ve released the rest of their ascended gear which “will be needed” (according to Anet) for the new challenges they release I have sneaking suspicion it will be like the lines I see currently:

LF2M FoTM Lev80 Full Exotic Only!

Hmm I don’t -have- a single piece of exotic armor, but that’s ok – only like 75% of the groups I see are advertising like that. I can still run it if I’m patient with the other 25% (who also aren’t looking for fractal levels) but when we reach this stage:

LFG -insert new map- Full Ascended Only!
or a new map that simply kills you over time if you have no ascended gear

Well. Then I’ve obviously been mislead about this game. :P

So in short Kaimick, it’s just speculation (and you aren’t simple minded, never sell yourself short!). Just like the speculation that adding FotM before would mean “gearscore” would begin to matter. I don’t mind being wrong (I often am). I’m just afraid of being right.

Non Ascended Servers

in Suggestions

Kaimick.5109

Too implies an abundance
where to implies a relation between the description “Simple Minded” and “Myself”

Why has Ascended gear stopped you from playing? Does your computer not accept Ascended gear ? I guess I am not understanding how it stops you form playing.

to Joseph Skyrim.2470

This happens in any game you play and I never support this idea of Elitism. Although Ascended armor has not brought this on there have been World of Warcraft mentality type peple that feel Gear is everything in any MMO they play cause that is all WoW is about. When in case GW2 is not gear depended.

Now with the implication of FoTM at Higher difficulties Ascended gear will be needed, it was only obvious this needed to happen as this is A.Nets version of end game raiding.

But don’t let kitten players ruin a Mechanic that is put forth to give people something to chase.

Yes you will see people eventually saying LFG FoTM lv. 22 must have 5 of 6 Ascended gear ( cause at that time you will need to have that ) But people have been saying GLF2M AC Exp 80’s all Exo only please speed run. Did that stop me from running it at 35? no I just found the 6 other people saying GLF2M Path 1 and 2.

Your always going to have people that are going to be Elitiest no matter where you go but for every 1 post I see of your example I see 8 more that just need players regardless of gear and 3 of those 8 will take any level.

P.S. I was being rhetorical with the Simple minded comment, nasty Parent Habit when asking your child about something he thinks he has gotten away with and … regardless it was rhetorical

@Aradian.9086

Now let me turn your questions around on you, how is my asking for a separate server *effecting how you play or even your game play?

It doesn’t just don’t see any good reason why you need to have it. Other than.. well hell I am not sure cause you still haven’t told me Why Ascended gear is bad?

Non Ascended Servers

in Suggestions

Posted by: TravisTrout.6803

TravisTrout.6803

Kaimick

Actually the guy you’re trying to correct with your asterisk and word selection was correct; in this context it’s affecting, not effecting. If you’re going to play the role of grammar master, you should take care not to trip over your own feet ;-)

(edited by TravisTrout.6803)

Non Ascended Servers

in Suggestions

Aradian.9086

Too implies an abundance
where to implies a relation between the description “Simple Minded” and “Myself”

Why has Ascended gear stopped you from playing? Does your computer not accept Ascended gear ? I guess I am not understanding how it stops you form playing.

to Joseph Skyrim.2470

This happens in any game you play and I never support this idea of Elitism. Although Ascended armor has not brought this on there have been World of Warcraft mentality type peple that feel Gear is everything in any MMO they play cause that is all WoW is about. When in case GW2 is not gear depended.

Now with the implication of FoTM at Higher difficulties Ascended gear will be needed, it was only obvious this needed to happen as this is A.Nets version of end game raiding.

But don’t let kitten players ruin a Mechanic that is put forth to give people something to chase.

Yes you will see people eventually saying LFG FoTM lv. 22 must have 5 of 6 Ascended gear ( cause at that time you will need to have that ) But people have been saying GLF2M AC Exp 80’s all Exo only please speed run. Did that stop me from running it at 35? no I just found the 6 other people saying GLF2M Path 1 and 2.

Your always going to have people that are going to be Elitiest no matter where you go but for every 1 post I see of your example I see 8 more that just need players regardless of gear and 3 of those 8 will take any level.

P.S. I was being rhetorical with the Simple minded comment, nasty Parent Habit when asking your child about something he thinks he has gotten away with and … regardless it was rhetorical

@Aradian.9086

It doesn’t just don’t see any good reason why you need to have it. Other than.. well hell I am not sure cause you still haven’t told me Why Ascended gear is bad?

So, please go look up the grammatical difference between to, two, and too. I don’t mean to embarrass you. Honest.

Non Ascended Servers

in Suggestions

Kaimick.5109

Sigh really, please please stay on the topic at hand, I am not saying this to avoiding admitting I am wrong, as I am in the right on the usage. Rather I say this because it has nothing to do with the topic that you started.

I answered your question, Politely and I never insulted your intelligence or was rude about the correction. Please refrain from insulting me, and just answer the question

Why has Ascended Gear Stopped your game play?

Non Ascended Servers

in Suggestions

Aradian.9086

Sir, I never intended to insult you in any way, if I have please accept my apology. I will happily abandon the discussion of grammar and syntax.

I felt I did answer your question when I said the new ascended gear represented a change in the fundamental design promise of the game. I am basing this on the manifesto released by the designers of the game.

Non Ascended Servers

in Suggestions

Joseph Skyrim.2470

Hi again Kaimick, strangely not -all- mmo’s have that elitism (Mabinogi comes to mind) but for the most part yeah you’re right. As long as there is never a mandatory need for people to have those items to enjoy new content (other than speed runner elitists and to show off) then I suppose I shouldn’t have a problem with them.

Actually that gives me an idea that I should put in a new post.

Non Ascended Servers

in Suggestions

Kaimick.5109

What fundamental design did they betray, They always said that there would be end game dungeons just not at Launch.

You can enjoy FoTM up to level 15 as I found out with out the need of any ascended gear. So how have they betrayed anything.

They have offered a scaling dungeon (which acts as a raid) that levels 2 – 80 can enjoy up to 15 completions of the dungeon. Which allows you to enjoy all 9 paths. With out any Ascended gear being needed.

They promised that to do any content in the game, they would never require a gear race to progress. They held true to this statement, as FoTM is a progression from your standard Exploratory Dungeons, you do not need anything to do the dungeons other than Level 2.

So please explain how they Betrayed what they stated ?

Non Ascended Servers

in Suggestions

Kaimick.5109

Hi again Kaimick, strangely not -all- mmo’s have that elitism (Mabinogi comes to mind) but for the most part yeah you’re right. As long as there is never a mandatory need for people to have those items to enjoy new content (other than speed runner elitists and to show off) then I suppose I shouldn’t have a problem with them.

I always forget about Mabinogi lol, yeah nothing is mandatory for your to run FoTM other than level 2. Although I wouldn’t suggest going in at level 2 it is not pretty…. but you can go in at level 2 lol

Non Ascended Servers

in Suggestions

Joseph Skyrim.2470

In Mabi that would actually be viable, because it is so weighted against player (not character) skill that you could enter a tough dungeon at level 2 and defeat everything, provided you (the player) were frickin awesome at combat.

But here, haha yeah, going into FotM under lev 80 is probably gonna hurt.

Non Ascended Servers

in Suggestions

Posted by: robinsiebler.3801

robinsiebler.3801

I want a server that doesn’t allow anyone I consider to be a moron to join.

This message was brought to you by a Kitten with a Keyboard

Non Ascended Servers

in Suggestions

Posted by: majos.8503

majos.8503

I want a server that i’m the GM.. that thread have no sense.. it’s like “Oh i don’t like the new build, make a server just for me”

Majos The Blizard – Baruch Bay [SP]

Non Ascended Servers

in Suggestions

Joseph Skyrim.2470

Hmm I don’t -have- a single piece of exotic armor

Wait a minute. Is the full Mad King set considered exotic? o.o

Non Ascended Servers

in Suggestions

Kaimick.5109

yes
it is a full set of exotic

Non Ascended Servers

in Suggestions

Joseph Skyrim.2470

… ok then. I may have had a few more exotic pieces that I initially let on… [cough] whoops? :P

Non Ascended Servers

in Suggestions

Posted by: Krendar.2139

Krendar.2139

Isn’t ascended only 2% better than exotic? As long as you aren’t using it for PvP it won’t matter. One argument would be that ascended is scaled down to exotic in WvW.

Non Ascended Servers

in Suggestions

Posted by: RedDeath.2980

RedDeath.2980

I think the problem atm is the method they can be obtained- it has been metioned that with time it’ll be significantly easier to obtain. So just give it some time and it’ll be be the new exotic- something you may spend sometime to get but isnt impossible and in ways easy to get. While dungeon tier gear will be more for looks rather than stats or possibly just an avenue to have better than greens. Right now it is DEFINANTLY a negative impact but, being an older hardcore WoW Raider/Raid leader I like it or atleast can tolerate the grind. It has been mentioned though that change will happen and they’ll become much more accessable…. Lets not fight in a suggestion forum is the point I’m trying to get across though :P

Non Ascended Servers

in Suggestions

Posted by: Battlecarrier.3914

Battlecarrier.3914

If speed run dungeon groups start taking over the game like they eventually did in the first GW, I’m quitting. Being forced into specific class combinations with specific builds using specific skills in a specific order takes away from the whole point of having character customization. A little bit of a tangent but…

Non Ascended Servers

in Suggestions

Posted by: LFk.1408

LFk.1408

I was not too enthused about the addition of a gear tier either, but the original suggestion on this thread is impractical.

I could probably make a list of reasons why it is a bad idea as long as longcat, but I’ll just keep it to the one most important one:

- Maintaining 2 builds instead of one, which require troubleshooting and debugging of twice as many builds. This is not as simple as just pulling out the carrots in your salad because you don’t like them, and that’s that. Many of the new items are intertwined with the world, be it the recipes, the NPCs that sell them, the places that drop them, and agony resistance, all of which is coded in. Simply “pulling them out” will cause unexpected bugs. Maintaining the 2 builds will have to be independent jobs, which essentially means doubling the staff, to create an independent server which I will harbor a guess that will be very, very lightly populated. Good luck with that one.

Non Ascended Servers

in Suggestions

Posted by: replicant.3620

replicant.3620

I like the idea of Non-Ascended Servers because it reminds me of Classic servers from Dark Age of Camelot. The DAoC Trials of Atlantis expansion caused such a rift in the community because of new large scale raid encounters and gear grind that people simply quit. Mythic saw how much of an issue this was so they created the Classic servers which had no content from the TOA expansion in them. It was very nice to play with a gear plateau and let skill decide the victor.

Peralta | 80 Human Necromancer | Pain Train Choo [Choo] | Sanctum of Rall

Non Ascended Servers

in Suggestions

Kaimick.5109

I like the idea of Non-Ascended Servers because it reminds me of Classic servers from Dark Age of Camelot. The DAoC Trials of Atlantis expansion caused such a rift in the community because of new large scale raid encounters and gear grind that people simply quit. Mythic saw how much of an issue this was so they created the Classic servers which had no content from the TOA expansion in them. It was very nice to play with a gear plateau and let skill decide the victor.

Maybe you don’t realize but Ascended gear is not going to blow Exotics out of the water. This is not WoW Blue pvp gear in comparison to Season 15 Arena gear. We are talking a slight upgrade in stats which is the main one of Agony. The game still has a Gear plateau as you put it, just now we have gear in the game that can show a status of how dedicated a player is to the game. Much like legendary’s but with gear

Non Ascended Servers

in Suggestions

Posted by: Runiir.6425

Runiir.6425

Maybe you don’t realize but Ascended gear is not going to blow Exotics out of the water. This is not WoW Blue pvp gear in comparison to Season 15 Arena gear. We are talking a slight upgrade in stats which is the main one of Agony. The game still has a Gear plateau as you put it, just now we have gear in the game that can show a status of how dedicated a player is to the game. Much like legendary’s but with gear

It is a slight upgrade per peice, an upgrade per peice of several stat points. When they have full ascended armor sets, trinkets, etc…it will add up. Right now they have rings and back items in the game. Having ANY increase in stats above exotic does break the design philosophy they originally stated.

The devs and designers have been quoted, numerous times mind you, of not putting a gear treadmill into the game. Here is the problem: if you institute even a single stat point advantage, you force anyone wanting to be at top performance in WvW into getting it. Congratulations! You now have a gear treadmill.

This does drastically effect the game for many individuals. Note there is no way to get ascended gear through PvP. Ascended gear has a stat advantage (and a monetary advantage as they have built in upgrades into stat alocation meaning you don’t have to track down/pay for slot upgrade) that is present in PvP. Any advantage your enemy has you have to find a way to cancel out. Only way to cancel this one out is to grind away at content many have no interest in.

Non Ascended Servers

in Suggestions

Posted by: Wayfarer.2051

Wayfarer.2051

Except thats wrong runiir
Ascended is the new Exotics
It’s the new Plateau
there is no advantage over other players i
onlyWvW would be touched by it
But the difference in points is so minimal
even with all 14 items Ascended versus Exotics, the relative difference remians the Same
Ascended will be aviable through WvW as the designers said
and an advantage because people dont have to pay for runes?? Have you Seen the price on ectos and T6? One Ascended is way more expensive than full Exotics with upgrades

(edited by Wayfarer.2051)

Non Ascended Servers

in Suggestions

Posted by: Runiir.6425

Runiir.6425

Except thats wrong runiir
Ascended is the new Exotics
It’s the new Plateau
there is no advantage over other players i
onlyWvW would be touched by it
But the difference in points is so minimal
even with all 14 items Ascended versus Exotics, the relative difference remians the Same
Ascended will be aviable through WvW as the designers said
and an advantage because people dont have to pay for runes?? Have you Seen the price on ectos and T6? One Ascended is way more expensive than full Exotics with upgrades

Which goes against the design philosophy of easily accessable top tier gear. Note that phrase “easily accessable”.
Do I need to say it again?

There was never to be any gear treadmill, no grind for top level stat gear. Note the wording here, top level gear. Ascension gear is now top level gear. To remain true and not be blatent liars, Anet must make ascension gear easily accessable. We’re talking pathetically easy as exotics are now.

GW has always been about easily accessable gear so that people can have fun doing whatever they want to do at the time and not feel like they have to have top tier gear just to be on equal footing with others.

Either all content is tuned to exotics in the future, and the treadmill lovers go crazy and threaten to leave…or content gets tuned for ever increasing stats and they lose the WvW enthusiasts and the GW1 vets.

Either way, the inclusion of ascension armor has been viewed as a slap in the face by a large portion of the community due to it being better than exotics stat wise instead of being dead even on the stats and simply having the slot for a very narrow and specific protection.

Non Ascended Servers

in Suggestions

Posted by: Voltron.1043

Voltron.1043

Those players are no dedicated at all. Decicated player plays whole world- he goes where he want, see new lands, enjoying events, quest, Personal Story, views, garphic and world design, mini- puzzles, dungeons, cities, new mobs, dragons, taking his time to get a gear (by steady progression) etc. Than he can enjou WvW, PvP. Players who just stand in one place whole day, doing the same dungeon again and again and again just for drops are just self-pronaunced players. The truth is theyare grinding machines with nothing better to do in life, to build their ego, empty out of monitor. They even dont try to enjoy Tyria, they want farm, farm farm, grind, grind, grind. If this is dedication than Chinease people working 24h tailoring for patethic 1$ per hour are most dedicated employees in the world.

Of course not all players are like that. There is bunch of people 80s who just want to try new content. But those who stand 8 hours a day in one place, doing one dungeon over 4 days…

I would like one server like that (would be enough I think). Would be awsome to play without this bunch of grind-kids. I vote for such server. Or just without this whole bigger stats. I would like to go FOTM for fun. Not for grind. It is sick.

(edited by Voltron.1043)

Non Ascended Servers

in Suggestions

Posted by: Wayfarer.2051

Wayfarer.2051

I dont think you know what gear treadmill means
it means running onthe Spot and never getting closer to the end
the end has been moved away from us
But it is Not unreachable
the FotM is a.treadmill, But not to gear or content like every other WoW clone dungeon system
it is a difficulty and money treadmill
you can Do the first ten levels for content and money as well

and about the “broken promises”:
thats how it is! So far ANet has kept more and broken less than any other MMO dev out there
you can’t have 100% fullfillment all the time
They added a.prestige-treadmill But kept the.ceiling even if it is a higher new.
If it comforts you: Most people boasting about having full Exotics a legendary and ascended back that i have met were so accustomed to sologrind they couldnt even get beyond the swamp
skill still wins