Not really a suggestion, more a requirement.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Apollo.7389

Apollo.7389

Separate teams from solo/duo que. Separate ratings as well. Then after you have done this SIMPLE task reset the ladder boards.

We are sick and tired of facing premades when we are solo/duo queing. Your matchmaking systems is broken, we get faced vs. premades almost every match and then your game gives me horrible players as teammates. Put in a reporting systems so we can report the people who throw games on purpose and for other reasons. You guys kitten this ladder board and PvP in general. Put more resources towards PvP.

If you guys are going to keep taking this thread off the forums I will keep posting it. If you ban me I’ll get my friends to post it, if you ban them I will get their friends to post it. Get my drift? Just fix it and and make this game epic like you promised over 10 months ago.

in Suggestions

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Tournaments are supposed to be for organized teams or at least good players. Not a complete newbie that have never tried sPvP before.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Suggestions

Apollo.7389

then don’t allow people in tournies without a full team DUH. What is ANET’s train of thought…

easiest solution not best, well thought out or well developed.

in Suggestions

lordkrall.7241

then don’t allow people in tournies without a full team DUH. What is ANET’s train of thought…

easiest solution not best, well thought out or well developed.

Because good players can still work together and compete against a pre-made team?

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Suggestions

Apollo.7389

no they can’t its proven. 99 times out of 100 a premade will beat a pug unless the premade is not that good or they make a several huge mistakes.

in Suggestions

Apollo.7389

It has come to my attention people are actually buying second AND THIRD accounts so they do not have to worry about dropping their main rating. This is crazy yet a great idea since the game is in the horrible state. Please fix your game sooner than later so people are not forced to buy second and third accounts. This is completely unfair to other people because this new account has no rating and they are trying to bomb other peoples rating which is what is happening.

in Suggestions

lordkrall.7241

no they can’t its proven. 99 times out of 100 a premade will beat a pug unless the premade is not that good or they make a several huge mistakes.

Please provide these real static that shows that 99% of the matches a premade team will win against a PUG-team.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Suggestions

Posted by: Faux Play.6104

Faux Play.6104

Putting on my Anet hat, that isn’t a very convincing argument. If anything I would bias the win/loss even more to losses to new accounts.

It has come to my attention people are actually buying second AND THIRD accounts so they do not have to worry about dropping their main rating. This is crazy yet a great idea since the game is in the horrible state. Please fix your game sooner than later so people are not forced to buy second and third accounts. This is completely unfair to other people because this new account has no rating and they are trying to bomb other peoples rating which is what is happening.

in Suggestions

Posted by: RebelYell.7132

RebelYell.7132

Please provide these real static that shows that 99% of the matches a premade team will win against a PUG-team.

Demands for empirical data for every single anecdote posted is becoming the Godwin’s Law of these forums. Once someone does it, you know they’ve clamped their hands over their ears in regards to actual discourse.

User was infracted for being awesome.

in Suggestions

lordkrall.7241

Demands for empirical data for every single anecdote posted is becoming the Godwin’s Law of these forums. Once someone does it, you know they’ve clamped their hands over their ears in regards to actual discourse.

Well, saying that 99% of the pugs vs premade leads to pre-made wins would in my case be completely false. I usually go with pugs and meeting full guild teams and still win. So it is, in my case, no where near 99% therefore he should post real evidence that this is actually the case.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Suggestions

Apollo.7389

It is funny that you guys can’t read.

“no they can’t its proven. 99 times out of 100 A PREMADE will beat a pug unless the premade is not that good or they make a several huge mistakes.”

I am not saying you face a premade 99 times out of 100.

lordkrall, RebelYell, and Faux Play you are not even in the top 1000 so of course you are facing horrible teams and this does not concern you. Once you get to a higher rating where the good teams are it is not nearly as easy.

in Suggestions

Posted by: xCrusadentx.2784

xCrusadentx.2784

Its funny how you threaten to repost if it gets deleted and get your friends to post this should you get banned. You aren’t in a position to make demands, and threatening Anet doesn’t strengthen your position or make it likely to happen; thats just being childish. You also have no proof anyone is throwing games, so far, you’re just making accusations.

Royal Blood Oath:
We are sworn together by our blood…

in Suggestions

Posted by: Adine.2184

Adine.2184

If you guys are going to keep taking this thread off the forums I will keep posting it. If you ban me I’ll get my friends to post it, if you ban them I will get their friends to post it. Get my drift? Just fix it and and make this game epic like you promised over 10 months ago.

You honestly expect your friends to gt banned on your behalf? Thats a good one man.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Fred Fargone.3127

Fred Fargone.3127

Your matchmaking systems is broken, we get faced vs. premades almost every match and then your game gives me horrible players as teammates.

Projecting much?

lordkrall, RebelYell, and Faux Play you are not even in the top 1000 so of course you are facing horrible teams and this does not concern you. Once you get to a higher rating where the good teams are it is not nearly as easy.

Therefore we can draw the conclusion that, the people outside the top 1000, which also happens to be the majority, can use the current system, and it works fine for them. Therefore, the system isn’t broken. And further, there is no need to fix something that isn’t broken.
I am sure that the top 1000 players will go through the trouble of actually finding a group, instead of using the solo-join feature. Well, if they are concerned about their rating at least. Meanwhile, the rest of us can just join random groups, if we choose to do so. (No, nobody is forcing us. We can still go and find a team.)

People who can argue often offer a good and meaningful conversation about the subject.
People who can’t tend to call the opponent troll, scream something utterly incomprehensible
and finally result to personal insults.

(edited by Fred Fargone.3127)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Shootsfoot.9276

Shootsfoot.9276

Separate teams from solo/duo que. Separate ratings as well. Then after you have done this SIMPLE task reset the ladder boards.

We are sick and tired of facing premades when we are solo/duo queing. Your matchmaking systems is broken, we get faced vs. premades almost every match and then your game gives me horrible players as teammates.

Maybe the teammates aren’t the problem.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kaimick.5109

Kaimick.5109

This is crazy yet a great idea since the game is in the horrible state.

Can you please show me where GW2 is in a horrible state, cause last time I saw the 6 month report said they doubled their Congurent player base for the game. If that is a sign of being in a horrible state what is a good state?

This more sounds like to me, your joining pugs that are horrible and it may even be your bad, but the fact remains that 99% is a glorified number, that is used in attempts to make your outlandish argument somewhat factual.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

I’ve duo joined and was paired with complete randoms and beat a pre-made team not once but twice consecutively. That alone disproves your 99 out of 100 a pre-made wins claim.

Secondly, if you are complaining that in the top 1000 you are getting rolled by pre-mades and it isn’t fair, then you, sir, are not cut out for the top 1000. It’s like ANY competitive PvP game. The top teams will be teams that play and practice together constantly. You can’t blame the matching system for common sense.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

in Suggestions

Apollo.7389

I am glad you guys are ok with being second rate and not on the leader boards. This post is for people that actually do. You winning vs a low skilled pre-made proves nothing and the fact that you can’t climb the leader boards proves that either you are not good or that there is a problem with the leader boards and perhaps people are manipulating the game. When I say perhaps I really mean they are and have been.

Their is plenty of proof that I will not post on this forums, but will be happy to provide to ANET in private.

in Suggestions

Posted by: WonderfulCT.6278

WonderfulCT.6278

I just need to say it cause it doesn’t look like anyone else is going to.

If you enter with less than the maximum number of players allowed you are gambling on the remaining players; having no idea how skilled they will be. This is a guarantee. As such it is fair if you lose to the opposing team regardless of if their team is premade or not as that is the current system. You cannot say this system is broken unless you have proof this not how it’s supposed to function.

Now it is your responibility to ensure your success with the game as it currently is, provided that no foul play (this does not include your teammates throwing the game) takes place. This means that if you are facing premade teams that beat you because the players that are given to you are not up to your standards, you should make your own teams to counter it.

This is a fair system put in place to give players equal opportunity.

Now if you change this to a suggestion instead of a requirement then I think they might actually consider it.

Add more sound effects to The Minstrel plz.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Fred Fargone.3127

Fred Fargone.3127

I am glad you guys are ok with being second rate and not on the leader boards. This post is for people that actually do. You winning vs a low skilled pre-made proves nothing and the fact that you can’t climb the leader boards proves that either you are not good or that there is a problem with the leader boards and perhaps people are manipulating the game. When I say perhaps I really mean they are and have been.

Their is plenty of proof that I will not post on this forums, but will be happy to provide to ANET in private.

Tbh, if we take a good and careful look at what you are suggesting,

Separate teams from solo/duo que. Separate ratings as well.

is that we quadruple the amount of people in “top 1000”. One top 1000 for soloers, one top 1000 for duals, one top 1000 for 3 man teams, one top 1000 for 4 man teams….
So, wait, where did the ladder go? All I can see is an elevator now.

People who can argue often offer a good and meaningful conversation about the subject.
People who can’t tend to call the opponent troll, scream something utterly incomprehensible
and finally result to personal insults.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Saulius.8430

Saulius.8430

comes to 5v5 game as a duo. wants to be among top rankers. sounds legit

kill all ze thingz

in Suggestions

Posted by: Brohug.7952

Brohug.7952

Tbh, if we take a good and careful look at what you are suggesting,

Separate teams from solo/duo que. Separate ratings as well.

is that we quadruple the amount of people in “top 1000”. One top 1000 for soloers, one top 1000 for duals, one top 1000 for 3 man teams, one top 1000 for 4 man teams….
So, wait, where did the ladder go? All I can see is an elevator now.

Learn to read. He said “solo/duo” meaning that would be one rating. So that ONE…try to keep count with me. Then he said Separate ratings. Now a normal person would automatically see that he would like solo/duo rating and team. TEAM = second rating.

So that if you were able to keep up with the intense counting that is only 2 rating systems. I think its a great idea.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Faux Play.6104

Faux Play.6104

I played sPvP the first week and that was enough for me to realize this was not where Anet was spending their money. IMO GW2’s sPvP is a major step back from GW1. IMO all it is good for is a cheap way to try out new builds.

I’m truly sorry that you aren’t able to achieve your personal goals. If your rating is so important to you perhaps you should only play in premade teams? If you can’t get on to highly rated premade teams perhaps you should take a deeper look at why. Perhaps it is your game play perhaps it is your attitude. Seems to me like it is a PEBKAC issue.

in Suggestions

Apollo.7389

Getting a high rating is not the issue. soloque being combined with team rating is. I just want to tourny more often than when my team is on.