Obtainable SPECIAL STARTER ARMOR skins

in Suggestions

Posted by: Bloodlust.3672

Bloodlust.3672

Special starter armor skins are not obtainable in-game—they’re not available beyond character creation. For example, I want to get this guardian shoulder armor skin at a higher level but I don’t see it offered from the armorsmiths or trading post. This is also a big problem for users who accidently or intentionally deleted their special starter armor, expecting to be able to obtain them again at higher levels. Can this be fixed soon?

EXAMPLE:
Conqueror’s Pauldrons
Conqueror’s Mantle
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Conqueror%27s_Mantle

BTW: This bug interferes with Guild Wars Principle #3: “Players should look the way they want to look”. We shouldn’t have to rely on consuming transmutation stones just to be able to maintain the right stats on our special starter armor skins as we level up…
http://www.arena.net/blog/a-rewarding-experience-john-hargrove-talks-about-loot

(edited by Bloodlust.3672)

in Suggestions

Posted by: GADefence.5634

GADefence.5634

You can reskin it later on using a transmutation stone – you can also start a new characther and transmute starter equipment to another item and then put that in your bank and then retransmute it again so your characther has it.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Crash.7910

Crash.7910

Yea I was a little disappointed to find out after deleting the hood from my thief that there isn’t another one I can get. despite having played all the BWEs for some reason I thought that the hood/bandana/mask would be a common type of armor one could find. Like how when you beat a story mission and you’re given items to choose from.

I know there are other hoods in the game attached to other armor sets but as far as I’ve seen none of them match the one I started with.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Canoas.8423

Canoas.8423

transmutation is not expensive at all. You get 3 transmutation stones every time you complete a map.

in Suggestions

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

You can reskin it later on using a transmutation stone – you can also start a new characther and transmute starter equipment to another item and then put that in your bank and then retransmute it again so your characther has it.

I couldn’t get that to quite work. You can transmute the other characters item onto a white merchant item, but you then can’t retransmute it on the character you want it on. You can still equip it, even though it says soulbound, but you can’t transmute it again (at least I couldn’t). The only way I could see that working is to pass the item you want the stats from (can’t be soulbound) to the new character, have it transmute the starter item onto that one and then pass it back.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

in Suggestions

Posted by: Canoas.8423

Canoas.8423

Are you sure you’re using the correct transmutation stone? To transmute with lvl 80 items you need a fine transmutation stone, a normal one won’t work.

in Suggestions

skullmount.1758

Are you sure you’re using the correct transmutation stone? To transmute with lvl 80 items you need a fine transmutation stone, a normal one won’t work.

If you were referring to my statement, I wasn’t trying with a level 80 item. I was using a merchant lvl 10 (? first helmet available) helmet (wanted the engineer goggle on my second engineer with the backpack).

Darkhaven server

in Suggestions

Posted by: GADefence.5634

GADefence.5634

Put both your items in your bank, and using an appropriate transmutation stone – fine if the stat item is 80, regular if not. Let me know if that helps.

in Suggestions

skullmount.1758

Put both your items in your bank, and using an appropriate transmutation stone – fine if the stat item is 80, regular if not. Let me know if that helps.

I’ll try that, but I don’t think it let me. I know I’ve tried having the starting item from the other character in the bank and the other item in my inventory. Don’t remember if I’ve tried with both in the bank. Will try it tonight.

Darkhaven server

in Suggestions

Posted by: Banewrath.5107

Banewrath.5107

They could just make those starter armor parts into hom skins. That way they will all be there anytime you want to use them. You could still choose which to equip on chargen but after the character is created all optional parts for that class could be unlocked for use for later on.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mojo.8431

Mojo.8431

well maybe not directly related to hom but a skin item like that which you can acquire as many times as you want, should make that choice so much more significant if you could keep the appearance throughout without consuming transmutation stones

feel free to list any other items that have this “starter-only” limitation. and hopefully anet will fix them.

quite a lot of them probably, as necro you get a choice of three different facepaint but I don’t think you can get facepaint items from anywhere else

in Suggestions

Posted by: Darketower.5218

Darketower.5218

It would be nice if there was an NPC in your home instance that offered these (similar to HoM). Maybe provide the one you chose at creation for free, and give you the option to purchase the other ones for a fee.

That said, it sounds like the original poster is asking for profession-specific starter armors to use on other characters outside that profession. Personally, I think that diminishes their uniqueness.

in Suggestions

Posted by: ScribeTheMad.7614

ScribeTheMad.7614

You don’t have to restart the character to get it back.
Start a new character, create that character with the starter item you want, say the thief anonymity hood, then when you get in game take the new character to the bank and take out a basic transmutation stone. On the new character use the transmutation stone and put the starter item in the left pane (not 100% sure it requires this but it’s worked every time I’ve done it this way, so) and the white item of the same class on the right (and remember you can’t cross class transmute, so it has to be light with light, and so on.

Now it should have four panes, two on each side, the ones on the top are the skins and the bottom are the stats, click the skin you want (the starter one) and the stats from the white item.
Hit transmute..
The item should now be account bound instead of soulbound.

Now, while I’ve done it several times successfully I’ve heard some people had issues, but since I couldn’t see what they were doing there’s no way to tell if it was user error or an actual bug. Issues included not being able to dye the item after transmutation (some cannot be dyed anyway I believe, check the original before transmuting to be sure), not displaying the transmuted skin (it showed up as the item he put the skin on instead of the starter skin), and not being able to transmute it at all.
Specifically tested by me, Necromancer Wraith mask and Guardian Fanatic Mantle

Edit for clarification: I’ve only tested the first phase, transmuting onto low level white to make it account bound. Doing the second part to put it onto a lvl 80 would of course require a Fine stone. If that phase is broken transmute it onto a lvl79 rare/exotic if you can get one during phase 1, that way at least you aren’t stuck with a lvl 10 just to get the skin.

“The short answer is that new content is not going to drive people away from the game.
There is absolutely no evidence to support that it would.” -AnthonyOrdon

(edited by ScribeTheMad.7614)

in Suggestions

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

I will have to bring back this:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Memento-Box-small-Digital-Deluxe-starting-gear-and-home-instance-improvement

It doesn’t last much in the first page of the Suggestions section, as people usually see it and do not bother replying, and the suggestions section lacks some kind of reddit-like system to upvote suggestions they like so they stay up, or anything like that.

But my suggestion would completely solve the problem with lost starting stuff.
That would also include lost Rytlock Miniatures (e.g.: Deleted a character without removing the item first, destroyed the ite accidentally trying to destroy the one next to it).
They could even put the Portal Stone on it.
Oh, yeah. I’m going to add that.

It’ll be basically a ‘shop’ in your home isntance that will give you three things:
- A way to reacquire starting gear and other deluxe/collector’s stuff.
- Some reason to go back to the home instance, a reason to call it ‘home’: “Home is where you keep your stuff”.
- Flavor to your personal story, as it may be different depending on it.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Bloodlust.3672

Bloodlust.3672

what about those players who deleted their special starter armor and can’t get it back without restarting the character?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Protoavis.9107

Protoavis.9107

what about those players who deleted their special starter armor and can’t get it back without restarting the character?

Then they’re doing it wrong

You don’t have to restart the character to get it back.
Start a new character, create that character with the starter item you want, say the thief anonymity hood, then when you get in game take the new character to the bank and take out a basic transmutation stone. On the new character use the transmutation stone and put the starter item in the left pane (not 100% sure it requires this but it’s worked every time I’ve done it this way, so) and the white item of the same class on the right (and remember you can’t cross class transmute, so it has to be light with light, and so on.

Now it should have four panes, two on each side, the ones on the top are the skins and the bottom are the stats, click the skin you want (the starter one) and the stats from the white item.
Hit transmute..
The item should now be account bound instead of soulbound.

It’s how my ele and mes have a starter necro head piece and my guardian has both the starter helmet and shoulder with the ankh

Let us buy vendor mats (eg spools of thread) in 250 stacks, end the excessive clicking.

in Suggestions

Posted by: TriggerSad.2597

TriggerSad.2597

I couldn’t get that to quite work. You can transmute the other characters item onto a white merchant item, but you then can’t retransmute it on the character you want it on. You can still equip it, even though it says soulbound, but you can’t transmute it again (at least I couldn’t). The only way I could see that working is to pass the item you want the stats from (can’t be soulbound) to the new character, have it transmute the starter item onto that one and then pass it back.

You don’t use equipment bought from a merchant, you use a low level blue. When you transmute a piece of equipment, the item’s stats aren’t the only thing that gets transferred, you also transfer any bound clause the item has. Armor bought from a merchant is bind on pick-up, so that bound clause is transferred over to the skin. A blue rarity item never gets bound to your character, even on equipping it, so it’s the best item to use when transferring skins from a character to another.

IGN: Despada
Guild: I Can Outtweet A Centaur [TWIT]
Twitter: https://twitter.com/TriggerSad