On Farming and Tier 6 Materials

in Suggestions

Posted by: Truth Eretai.3129

Truth Eretai.3129

Before the Lyssa nerf on T6 mats, we could find crystalline dust and other various necessities all around Orr, no matter if an event was going on or no. Someone then discovered an exploit (or method, whatever you want to call it) where infinite mobs would spawn, allowing a faster T6 gathering method. (Without farming, we need to spend 2-4 hours just running around Orr to kill things) We need these materials to have higher drop rates; too much depends on crystalline dust.

Here is the solution. Return the drop rates in Orr to normal. Increase the drop rates with increased magic find. (Incentive to buy more magic find things in the gem store) Change the Lyssa event to stop spawning infinite mobs. Instead, spawn a few waves of mobs followed by a champion or two. (Maintained difficulty)

Farming is a must-have method in any MMO. It is a general playing style. To this end, turn to dungeon instances. Arah, for example, has a part in the story mode where infinite mobs will spawn while a certain gate hasn’t been opened. This is where farming should be allowed. Here’s why:

*Instanced dungeon. It will not interfere with other players or any other dynamic events.

*Limited people. Parties of five are the maximum number allowed. This eliminates the bots: there is no massive ball of players to shield from death and damage. Players will need to be constantly alert. Bots cannot achieve this.

*Risk is equal to reward.

Additionally, I would like to propose that Temple event chests have a guaranteed drop of 5-10 T6 materials. That will encourage players to complete the events rather than press their luck massacring hundreds of Risen while ignoring said events.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Toast.6459

Toast.6459

Farming is a must-have method in any MMO. It is a general playing style.

Lol. There’s a word that would be quite fitting for you, but I’ll go with ignorant instead. A real MMO should eliminate farming and create actual enjoyable content that accomplishes the same purpose. If you want thousands of mindless hours of grinding, there are plenty of games that offer that. The last thing this game needs is more mindless grinding, and more people supporting it.

in Suggestions

Posted by: WrayWray.8596

WrayWray.8596

Additionally, I would like to propose that Temple event chests have a guaranteed drop of 5-10 T6 materials. That will encourage players to complete the events rather than press their luck massacring hundreds of Risen while ignoring said events.

I really like the idea of Temple events giving T6 materials. Hardly anyone does the temples anymore and its because the reward isn’t worth the difficulty doing them. Something needs to be changed to make them more worthwhile and I feel adding T6 material rewards would help solve this.

Pardric Trueshot
Anvil Rock
The Rangers Table [TRT]

in Suggestions

Truth Eretai.3129

Lol. There’s a word that would be quite fitting for you, but I’ll go with ignorant instead. A real MMO should eliminate farming and create actual enjoyable content that accomplishes the same purpose. If you want thousands of mindless hours of grinding, there are plenty of games that offer that. The last thing this game needs is more mindless grinding, and more people supporting it.

Okay. Please turn in your legendary weapons and crafted exotics and then gather your materials very, VERY slowly like the rest of us have to do. Talking down to farming when you already own all your stuff and don’t need it is ignorance.

in Suggestions

Toast.6459

Okay. Please turn in your legendary weapons and crafted exotics and then gather your materials very, VERY slowly like the rest of us have to do. Talking down to farming when you already own all your stuff and don’t need it is ignorance.

I do love people who make assumptions, I guess you don’t know what happens when you assume, do you?

I’ve wasted none of my time farming, I do not plan to waste time farming, and until legendary weapons are turned into more than a mindless worthless grind, I have no plan on wasting time on one of those either. All my time spent playing this game was spent playing it how I wanted to, what I felt was enjoyable. Farming is hardly a part of any good MMO, and should never be considered as such. Nice assumption though, pity you were wrong.

Oh yeah, look at the first three letters of assume, that’s what you look like.

in Suggestions

Truth Eretai.3129

I’m suggesting something that allows people who like farming to farm without interrupting the game for others. Yes, people do like farming.

in Suggestions

Toast.6459

The minority over the majority. Don’t ever own a game company, please.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

You want to farm teir 6 mats. Do your dailies and monthlies. We’re not talking 5-10 a day, but that’s possibly the most asinine suggestion I’ve ever seen.

Anyway, you get 3 teir 6 mats for 1 laurel. I’ve been farming them since laurels came out and I missed some days and a month, but I just completed my ascended quiver, so I figure that’s good enough. Probably not for you, but whatever, they want it to be hard for you, that’s why it is.

That aside, I’m not against level 80 zone chests having teir 6 mats, but they would have to have 1 at best. Especially if it was a guaranteed drop.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

in Suggestions

Truth Eretai.3129

It appeals to both.

in Suggestions

Toast.6459

It appeals to both.

How does more mindless grinding appeal to anyone? Like the thousand hours you need for a legendary plus the awful RNG isn’t bad enough. Said it once, I’ll say it again; the last thing this game needs is more mindless grinding.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I would actually support a suggestion that Champions have a chance to drop 1 – 3 Fine mats appropriate to their type when they are slain. Champions already have a guaranteed chance to drop loot; all we’d need to do is alter this loot table so there’s a 5 – 10% chance this guaranteed loot will be 1-3 Fine mats.

in Suggestions

Truth Eretai.3129

It appeals to both.

How does more mindless grinding appeal to anyone? Like the thousand hours you need for a legendary plus the awful RNG isn’t bad enough. Said it once, I’ll say it again; the last thing this game needs is more mindless grinding.

Yet it appeals to people since there were a lot of people farming the Lyssa spot and were angry when it was taken down. There are many ways to bring up the drop rates of T6 mats to a more suitable standard. This is just one of them. You can either contribute and think of other ways to make this easier or you can stop posting.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rizalee.4593

Rizalee.4593

I dunno about all that, but I do know that some days, I don’t have the time to do a dungeon run, or maybe I just don’t feel like it.. I kinda liked having some locations where I could go for 30-45 mins and just kill stuff without having to do a lot of wandering around, and have a chance to earn some loot..

What really irritates me, is that Anet keeps setting itself up like this.. They give us these situations where there is the possibility of endless mobs, then instead of fixing that issue (endless mobs), they just remove the loot or alter the loot table to make it pointless to farm there, and almost pointless to even GO to that location at all….

PS.. Also.. I thought the point of DR was to limit the amount of time one could spend farming in a given location? If “Remove the loot” instead of “Fix the endless spawns” is going to be Anet’s reply to these kinds of things.. why even have DR?

~ Rizalee – Human Mesmer ~
~ Rizzae – Asura Guardian ~
Tarnished Coast Server