Option to Hide Shoes

Option to Hide Shoes

in Suggestions

Posted by: Aria.8214

Aria.8214

I’d like to make a suggestion. In addition to the options we have now,

I think it would be nice to have an option to hide shoes on characters as well.

For characters with a more nature themed design, and for rangers who are one with nature, this option should definitely be enabled. Plus, most of the shoe options we have are fat and ugly.

nyan nyan~

(edited by Aria.8214)

Option to Hide Shoes

in Suggestions

Posted by: uknortherner.2670

uknortherner.2670

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Toggle-gear-display-on-off/first

Come up a few times, but there seems to be little interest in adding such an option either from other players or ANet – Frustrating as there are already NPCs including Queen Jennah, Norn, Sylvari and many Asura who seem to do fine without footwear.

If I want my human female elementalist to resemble the NPC trainer, it’s annoying that I have to take a stat hit in order to do so.

I stole a special snowflake’s future by exercising my democratic right to vote.

Option to Hide Shoes

in Suggestions

Posted by: Banewrath.5107

Banewrath.5107

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Toggle-gear-display-on-off/first

Come up a few times, but there seems to be little interest in adding such an option either from other players or ANet – Frustrating as there are already NPCs including Queen Jennah, Norn, Sylvari and many Asura who seem to do fine without footwear.

If I want my human female elementalist to resemble the NPC trainer, it’s annoying that I have to take a stat hit in order to do so.

Unless there is way to turn it off, I wouldn`t want to be having to look at barefoot characters in lions arch all day. Most people run faster barefoot so this would probably give some people an edge over another. Besides we already have waypoints, what do you need to be barefoot for?

I really couldn`t resist. Kind of stinks when the shoe is on the other foot huh? Oh wait, there is no shoes! Haha I got you again! I got you again!

Actually it wouldn`t be tough for them to have an on/off toggle for each body part like they do for the helm and shoulders. I truly hope they give you the option that you ask for, even though it isn`t something I`d want for myself.

Option to Hide Shoes

in Suggestions

Posted by: Havvy.4897

Havvy.4897

Charr and Asura run the same speed. This is a game. Barefoot people wouldn’t run faster.

And yes, I’d support this change, even if I have no need for it.

Option to Hide Shoes

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zeivu.3615

Zeivu.3615

Might as well give an option to hide everything. Nudists unite!

Option to Hide Shoes

in Suggestions

Posted by: Havvy.4897

Havvy.4897

If I hide everything, I’m in a bathing suit…that I can’t dye…

Option to Hide Shoes

in Suggestions

Posted by: Cornpops.7015

Cornpops.7015

I support this idea with my stamp of approval. Anet pls fix.

Attachments:

[NS]

(edited by Cornpops.7015)

Option to Hide Shoes

in Suggestions

Posted by: LeeroyNimoy.1864

LeeroyNimoy.1864

I neither really support or dislike this idea. It would be nice to be able to have the stats and make my Ranger barefoot, it kind of fits the idea of the whole one with nature thing. On the other hand, this is a fantasy game built around a lot of combat. Not many people would go into combat against dragons and the like barefoot.

That being said, certain races could be made to be barefoot in asthetics regardless of this option; Charr are cats (come on people, how many cats wear shoes?), Asura dig in the tunnels so their feet are probably pretty tough, and Sylvari are trees (just saying).

At any rate, the option would not go unused by me, but it’s not on my highest priority by any means.

Ability is what you can do; Motivation is how much you do; Attitude is how well you do it.
My idea compilation thread:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Seven-ideas-in-one-post/first#post3038023

Option to Hide Shoes

in Suggestions

Posted by: Aria.8214

Aria.8214

That being said, certain races could be made to be barefoot in asthetics regardless of this option; Charr are cats (come on people, how many cats wear shoes?), Asura dig in the tunnels so their feet are probably pretty tough, and Sylvari are trees (just saying).

At any rate, the option would not go unused by me, but it’s not on my highest priority by any means.

I agree with above!

Could never figure out why sylvari needed shoes. lol

nyan nyan~

Option to Hide Shoes

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jamin.6528

Jamin.6528

Supported

lol15charsinc

Lucromia Mukroc – Necromancer
Leader of The Hardcore Caravan [HC] – Blackgate
http://thehardcorecaravan.shivtr.com/

Option to Hide Shoes

in Suggestions

Posted by: Potato.5601

Potato.5601

I’m just surprised this hasn’t been put into the game yet…
This, and the ability to remove the aegis icon when out of combat so it doesn’t overlap with shields.

(edited by Potato.5601)

Option to Hide Shoes

in Suggestions

Posted by: LeeroyNimoy.1864

LeeroyNimoy.1864

I’m just surprised this hasn’t been put into the game yet…
This, and the ability to remove the aegis icon when out of combat so it doesn’t overlap with shields.

A bit off-topic, but it the Aegis graphic doesn’t need to be on the arm at all, it ruins the look of my Thief, not to mention a cool shield.

Ability is what you can do; Motivation is how much you do; Attitude is how well you do it.
My idea compilation thread:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Seven-ideas-in-one-post/first#post3038023

Option to Hide Shoes

in Suggestions

Posted by: uknortherner.2670

uknortherner.2670

Unless there is way to turn it off, I wouldn`t want to be having to look at barefoot characters in lions arch all day. Most people run faster barefoot so this would probably give some people an edge over another. Besides we already have waypoints, what do you need to be barefoot for?

I really couldn`t resist. Kind of stinks when the shoe is on the other foot huh? Oh wait, there is no shoes! Haha I got you again! I got you again!

Actually it wouldn`t be tough for them to have an on/off toggle for each body part like they do for the helm and shoulders. I truly hope they give you the option that you ask for, even though it isn`t something I`d want for myself.

I ain’t budging on mounts!

I stole a special snowflake’s future by exercising my democratic right to vote.