Please add dueling

Please add dueling

in Suggestions

Posted by: darkrob.8215

darkrob.8215

Although I didn’t play for a while (about a year or so) each month I check the wiki for new game updates but still a system to duel in the open world has not been implemented.
Back in Ultima Online it was great fun to have a duel every now and then. You are able to duel in every MMORPG I’ve played. Why can’t you implement it?
At the moment there is no reason for me and my friends to come back. I won’t pay for a silly battle arena. I don’t like that concept and will not support it.

Please add dueling

in Suggestions

Posted by: Revlack.9780

Revlack.9780

good Suggestion!

Please add dueling

in Suggestions

Posted by: Euthymia.4807

Euthymia.4807

No thanks. Go to PVP zones for that.

We don’t need idiots dueling in a crowded Lion’s Arch or other city or morons spamming duel requests at people even after they’ve refused the first 10 requests.

Please add dueling

in Suggestions

Posted by: Split.5793

Split.5793

Good idea but Euthymia has a point !

You can solve this by create some specifik ZOnes where dualing is alowd.
Like that thing with the Keg’s Make a playground for dualers

Please add dueling

in Suggestions

Posted by: THE DOCTOR.3510

THE DOCTOR.3510

Or use their “Excessive Messaging,” and change it to “Excessive Dueling,” can only ask for five duels per minute.

Please add dueling

in Suggestions

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

When there is less rock,paper,scissor in a supposed skill based game, yeah maybe. We’re still on “balance revolves around 5 man teams with 3 capture points” that being said it is on their “to do” list just not a very high priority and I don’t blame them. (Last patch was a good step in the right direction though)

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

Please add dueling

in Suggestions

Posted by: darkrob.8215

darkrob.8215

@Euthymia.4807

That can be avoided easily. Just declare certain locations to duel-free zones and give players something like a checkbox where they can switch into duel mode. If it’s tuned off, noone will be able to challenge you.
Be a bit more imaginative…

Please add dueling

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ice of Dragons.1637

Ice of Dragons.1637

second that motion

Please add dueling

in Suggestions

Posted by: Direksone.3867

Direksone.3867

No thanks. Go to PVP zones for that.

We don’t need idiots dueling in a crowded Lion’s Arch or other city or morons spamming duel requests at people even after they’ve refused the first 10 requests.

In other games you have the option as a player to always refuse them, so there’s no bother. Also. You can just create a certain zone in LA to do so. Only the plaza is crowded.

Blood And Metal is a guild on Gunnars Hold that is all about metal, punk,hard rock etc.. Join us!

Please add dueling

in Suggestions

Posted by: bloodletting wolf.2837

bloodletting wolf.2837

“C’mon duel be bro – what’s the matter you scared.” You decide to block the eedjit but wait, that really doesn’t work because they can keep giving you grief other ways even through other chat channels. No thank you. I have no problem at all with an arena or even an entire zone for dueling but the OP stated that wasn’t good enough either. People duel all the time in WvW so I don’t understand why it’s such a big deal.

Kaa Mchorror NSP grenadier [hayt]

Please add dueling

in Suggestions

Posted by: bogezie.4591

bogezie.4591

I would just say implement a PKON-PKOFF (Player Kill) button that can be used in the event you want to pvp in the real world. No need for dueling, go to the arena for that. If I want to fight someone in the real world I just click PKON and wreck them. Now PK has its’ limitations, like the person(s) who uses it becomes like a mob with Attack symbols over their name where that everyone can attack. Also the player who kills another player in this mode will get wrath, or some sort of de-buffs that last for a period of time, and also have different levels of conditions placed on them based on how many people they have killed and the level difference between them and their victims. To clear up Killing in neutral areas like lion’s Arch and Divinity’s reach etc. just dont allow the button to be active or remove it from UI in those areas. If Guild Wars 2 is trying to be like a real life evolving game I think that we shouldn’t be limited. (Example): If in the real world I go outside and beat up someone I suffer the consequence rather it be Jail, get beat up my self, fines to pay and penalties, etc. I say let it be the same way in the game!! If someone chooses PK someone let them be held accountable for their action by penalizing them with conditions and fines etc, but give them the option to express them selves in combat. This is just another way to spice up the game play i think.

Please add dueling

in Suggestions

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

You haven’t played for about a year in a game that is 10 months old? That means you haven’t logged in since the very start of the game. And dueling is the only thing that you say will bring you back? It doesn’t sound like the game has enough features you like to bother about.