Please fix the camera

Please fix the camera

in Suggestions

Posted by: DaveK.1023

DaveK.1023

(I know this has been mentioned a lot, but I can’t help but re-iterate.)

To be forced to stick with the terrible camera while doing jumping puzzles – that’s beyond joke.

More often than not, the camera will simply get stuck and I can only guess which way I’m really facing. OK, my biggest Charr char will get semi-transparent, but that doesn’t help much when the camera keeps facing some random direction in which I’m not interested. I need to move the char before the camera gets free and that means I’m risking falling to my demise.

Also the camera smoothing – give us a switch for that please. I need precise movements and precise camera control.

I’m not a fan of jumping puzzles, but when I do have to do them, I’d rather have proper controls.

Please fix the camera

in Suggestions

Posted by: Asherdeil.3174

Asherdeil.3174

Seconded. If you want vistas to be part of area completion then you guys HAVE to fix the camera or it’s just not possible for a lot of us.

Please fix the camera

in Suggestions

Posted by: Victus.9631

Victus.9631

Is it really hard to tell which way your character is facing?

Please fix the camera

in Suggestions

DaveK.1023

If the camera is stuck pointing perpendicular to the direction my char is facing and the char itself being semi-transparent or outright invisible, yes.

Please fix the camera

in Suggestions

Victus.9631

Use your mouse to adjust camera angle? Lock the camera behind your character and hit the ‘rotate’ key bind?

Please fix the camera

in Suggestions

DaveK.1023

Use your mouse to adjust camera angle? Lock the camera behind your character and hit the ‘rotate’ key bind?

Hmm either we have very different options configuration or you don’t understand the point.
The camera is STUCK.
STUCK = I CAN’T MOVE IT.
First I have to MOVE THE CHARACTER before being able to MOVE THE CAMERA.
Hope it’s clear now.

Please fix the camera

in Suggestions

Posted by: SHM.7628

SHM.7628

Is it really hard to tell which way your character is facing?

It tight spaces it can be near impossible. Half the time it reshifts. other times it pans so close to your character or a fixed object like wall that you are basically blind.

I stopped doing jumping puzzles for that reason (and some others)

Please fix the camera

in Suggestions

Victus.9631

Hmm either we have very different options configuration or you don’t understand the point.
The camera is STUCK.
STUCK = I CAN’T MOVE IT.
First I have to MOVE THE CHARACTER before being able to MOVE THE CAMERA.
Hope it’s clear now.

Dude… right click and drag your mouse. It adjust the camera angle manually until you find a decent spot where it pans out. If that doesn’t work, then simply use a ranged attack and keep rotating your character until the shot doesn’t hit a wall…

Please fix the camera

in Suggestions

Posted by: Shandim.8694

Shandim.8694

Also, the camera delay needs to be fixed. We should have free camera movement that isn’t affected by lag.

Please fix the camera

in Suggestions

DaveK.1023

Dude… right click and drag your mouse. It adjust the camera angle manually until you find a decent spot where it pans out. If that doesn’t work, then simply use a ranged attack and keep rotating your character until the shot doesn’t hit a wall…

Dude :-) I know how to rotate a camera. :-))))
You can keep moving the camera as much as you want, it won’t budge if it’s stuck.
Yes, I can move my char, but without any visual feedback, I’m only guessing.

Please fix the camera

in Suggestions

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

I’m having this trouble a lot. Specially with my tallest characters. This makes some jumping puzzles a pain and way more frustrating than they should be.

A camera that clips with the environment? That’s never good.

Things between the player and the camera should fade or disappear altogether while the camera keeps the distance and position set by the user, instead the camera moving behind the character and getting stuck in their back, jumping around like crazy or plain getting stuck with the environment.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Please fix the camera

in Suggestions

Victus.9631

Dude :-) I know how to rotate a camera. :-))))
You can keep moving the camera as much as you want, it won’t budge if it’s stuck.
Yes, I can move my char, but without any visual feedback, I’m only guessing.

Meh, I guess it’s just because I don’t have this issue.

Please fix the camera

in Suggestions

Posted by: Fuz.5621

Fuz.5621

Agree 100%. Something has to be done very quickly about the camera and the smooth mouse switch.