Please make WvW titles account based

in Suggestions

Posted by: Beorn Saxon.4762

Beorn Saxon.4762

With the new wvw xp we can earn points to spend on perks and we unlock titles. Please don’t punish the dedicated WvW players for utilizing alts.

We play more hours, we play off hours to pick up down times, we play PvE to fund WvW expenses and we level alts in PvE to be utilized as needed. The titles should be based on how much we play wvw, not how committed we are to a lone profession.

With the character based titles, you are rewarding casual players, and penalizing committed wvw players by pigeon holding us into one profession. We want to be able to boast about how much we play and if we truly play the most then let us show it.

If you want character progression then you have the perks for that. But please make ranks account based.

All other vanity titles are account based in PvE and PvP, why would you do this to WvW players?

I would even suggest that the wvxp points earned be an account noun currency that we could spend one time on any character.

Tarnished Coast
Critical Impact [Crit]

(edited by Beorn Saxon.4762)

in Suggestions

Beorn Saxon.4762

This post was supposed to be in the ‘suggestions’ forum. I blame my smart phone.

Tarnished Coast
Critical Impact [Crit]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Geikamir.6329

Geikamir.6329

It won’t happen from the looks of it. This game hates alts now.

Toons: Foreseer, Geikamir, Rapscallion, Specimen, Scythian, Zeau, Ärtifact, and Replica.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lafiel.9372

Lafiel.9372

I don’t see the sense why the titles or the skills earned are character bound. PvP levels are account bound :/

in Suggestions

Posted by: Wolfgang Michael.8217

Wolfgang Michael.8217

I agree. I play Thief, Guardian, Ele and Ranger in WvW since each profession has a different role. With this upcoming update, none of us will be motivated to do so.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ursan.7846

Ursan.7846

Well, from the looks for it, WvW titles aren’t entirely for vanity. There seems to be skills and buffs associated with them too.

in Suggestions

Beorn Saxon.4762

Well, from the looks for it, WvW titles aren’t entirely for vanity. There seems to be skills and buffs associated with them too.

Correct, but they should separate them. Ranks should be account wide and skills/buffs character based.

Tarnished Coast
Critical Impact [Crit]

in Suggestions

Posted by: mage.3570

mage.3570

Correct, but they should separate them. Ranks should be account wide and skills/buffs character based.

Apparently, ANET designers are bad at designing their own game.

Been there, done that. What’s next?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ping.5739

Ping.5739

I agree with you.

This so called “long term beneficial character based wvw skill system” will just prevent me playing anything other than my thief in wvw. Why should I go to a blank character when I spend most of my time on one of the best pvp profession in game and got almost every wvw skill unlocked her? “Build diversity”? Just do a re-skill feature and it will work as intend.

I believe there will be ppl that have no life lvl up all his/her alt’s wvw lvl, but I will not do it cause that investment doesn’t worthy it.

This useless bar doesn’t make you awesome. However, stuff above does.

in Suggestions

Ping.5739

My server is not that good in wvw and sometime we just couldn’t find a single mesmer that can portal golems….

Imagine this: a thief player with a renowned wvw title and the siege dmg reduction from perks found that his server needs a mesmer, he hops on his lvl 80 mesmer with no title and found out both the enemy ballista can one shot him since the mesmer doesnt have siege dmg reduction and the teammate looks down on the mesmer cause he has a noob title.

You know what, I will just play for my own fun on thief. Forget about the server that needs my mesmer.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Everflame.1305

Everflame.1305

I have a nearly full class range of alts at lvl 80, and so find this quite annoying. I guess, like most people who have posted here, I’ll just pick one and stick with it. Pretty lame. I personally think it should be the PLAYER gaining renown, not a particular toon.

in Suggestions

Posted by: nightly.2761

nightly.2761

account bound WvW titles PLEASE!!

if i got rank on one toon i will play this one only.. not like GW1 where you could run different builds for HA and GvG and get title point. getting R15 HA was almost impossible. still a couple made it i was only 11:( but if those WvW titles take as long to get as getting to R10 HA its a pain! if it takes like 200 playing hours to get max title its still a bit of alt friendly.

(edited by nightly.2761)

in Suggestions

Ping.5739

account bound WvW titles PLEASE!!

if i got rank on one toon i will play this one only.. not like GW1 where you could run different builds for HA and GvG and get title point. getting R15 HA was almost impossible. still a couple made it i was only 11:( but if those WvW titles take as long to get as getting to R10 HA its a pain! if it takes like 200 playing hours to get max title its still a bit of alt friendly.

I am sure it will be much more than 200hrs, as anet states that they will add new skills.