Please take out WvW from monthly achievements

in Suggestions

Posted by: Wizzie.4912

Wizzie.4912

As title said, i hate it and it’s a pain for me to play in a very laggy enviroment for hours / days just to get enough kills for monthly. It could be fun for other ppl, not for me.

Thanks.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Raincrow.1840

Raincrow.1840

That’s funny, I don’t like having fractals in the monthly.

Crystal Desert; The Viking Server
When are people going to figure out there’s a war going on?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sicktor.7285

Sicktor.7285

Remove Fractals from monthly achievement as it is a pain for me to play in a very ragey environment for hours. It could be fun for other ppl, not for me.

Thanks.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Olba.5376

Olba.5376

Remove dungeons from monthly achievement as it is a pain for me to play with total strangers for hours. It could be fun for other ppl, not for me.

Thanks.

in Suggestions

Posted by: drwookie.6391

drwookie.6391

Ya I agree with removing fractals. Those pain me to no end.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jahromi.2079

Jahromi.2079

Why not just remove everything from the monthly achievement? That way it’ll be easy for everyone. /sarcasm

Seriously guys, the whole point of the monthly -achievement- is for you to have something to work for, something that will challenge you. I don’t think it was added so rewards could be handed out all willy-nilly once a month.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Catisa.6507

Catisa.6507

Please remove all PvE from monthly, I hate it interfering with my WvW time.

AR

in Suggestions

Posted by: Enundr.9305

Enundr.9305

in regards with why OP wants them removed from Monthly , Monthly / Daily generally ensue PvE environments , killing enemy players for the monthly is a pvp action , where as you have a monthly pvp and its not in there for some reason? its why theres 2 seperate dailies / monthly , one for pve , the other for pvp. and im sure some ppl would LOVE to randomly argue saying WvW is also a pve , if you have to kill a player for credit , then thats pure pvp. end of story.

in Suggestions

Posted by: SeraphimXV.1249

SeraphimXV.1249

Agree with Enundr.
I think it would be nice to use the Wintersday Achievement logic.
Say, there are 5 activities which you can choose for the monthly, you just have to finish 4 of them to complete the monthly. Then it would make everybody happy as you can just ignore whatever you dont like.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Wizzie.4912

Wizzie.4912

Simple, I don’t like pvp, and I never do it, WvW for a full PVE player it not easy and no fun to go over it. Would be a bit better without lag problems what I suffer from the lost shores event but still won’t be fun.
I agree ppl maybe don’t like fractals or dungeons but you have to admit thats more PVE then WvW, somehow this should be put in pvp monthly instead of Pve. Also dungeons are big part of the game from money making point and farming for tokens or Eq so it’s really not comparable.
Thanks for Enundr for the good points and also SeraphimXV for the good idea!

in Suggestions

Posted by: spiritfightz.6951

spiritfightz.6951

please leave WvW as a monthly achievement there, since it is a one month achievement, it must be harder to achieve to qualify as a monthly achievement. Without WvW we can just throw away the idea of monthly achievement. If it is as easy as daily achievement, what the points of having it.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Wasabi Kitty.8247

Wasabi Kitty.8247

Why do PvE players feel like they should be able to get everything from just PvE? Why is the idea of having to go into some PvP for some achievements so difficult for them to grasp? Do you see WvW players complaining about having to do PvE for their achievements? Accept that there are some achievements that will have PvP components, just like PvP player have learned to accept we might have to poke our heads into PvE every now and then.

Anet make Rev great again.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Silverkung.9127

Silverkung.9127

Then should have 4type monthly-event

PvE type (normal play) kill some type dig-mat do event etc…
Dungeon type (Dun lover) Dun runnig,Finishing,dun around the world etc…
PvP type (PvPer) Do match,Win loss,capture,gain pvp point,Kill/get kill etc…
WWW type (WWW) Kill,capture,Yak camp,killing toy etc…

and you guys can do monthly 1 or 2 for your choice your style…
or do all 4 if you need to b perfect.
Not force PvE to do WWW or WWW to do dun.

Just not remove it out but fix it to play suit to player type.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Narkosys.5173

Narkosys.5173

Please remove everything from the monthly and just give me the reward please. I would like that.
But separating them seems sensible. I like most things except dung but I dont care. But if it anything like how I feel about exploration and getting 100%. Then understand how a player feels when forced to do something they really hate to receive a reward.

in Suggestions

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

Monthlies are there to direct players to things in the game. Probably to focus their attention into them so there’s more people doing them and finding parties for it is easier.
So, if you don’t like one of the tasks, though luck, they think you should be doing that, and they will reward you only if you do it.

BUT WvW is not PvE.

It HAS PvE content, but it’s not PvE itself.
The task is not “do X WvW events” which could be done by doing just PvE events in WvW, because there’s people who won’t or can’t do PvP of any kind for a number of reasons that are irrelevant.
It’s “defeat X players in PvP”. That’s strictly PvP, and should not be in the non-PvP monthly.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Hamfast.8719

Hamfast.8719

Why do PvE players feel like they should be able to get everything from just PvE?

Because we are PvE players. Not PvP players.

Why is the idea of having to go into some PvP for some achievements so difficult for them to grasp?

Why is it so hard to grasp that we JUST DON’T LIKE PvP? Mostly (for me) it’s the lack of direction (don’t get me started on “Commanders” who BUY their rank), and the lack of a need for me to brag about my prowess. I know how good or bad a player I am, and even a good player falls to the almighty Zerg. PvE is more balanced most of the time. I am not “afraid” to battle other players, and have certainly done my share of winning and losing. I just don’t like the atmosphere. It’s not for me. (But that’s my opinion.) Plus I don’t want to feel obliged to name my character “My Mom Ownz U”, or “Deth Comes Hard”, or “Eat This Sucka”.

Do you see WvW players complaining about having to do PvE for their achievements?

Sure. Here and there.

Accept that there are some achievements that will have PvP components, just like PvP player have learned to accept we might have to poke our heads into PvE every now and then.

This is a SUGGESTION forum. If enough people want the change, then ANet might implement it. We do not need to be passive and accept it. We are ALREADY living with it, but I am sure ANet cares about community opinions. Nobody gets everything they want, but there’s no harm in trying. You sound pretty submissive for a PvPer.

Build a man a fire, and he’ll be warm all day.
Set a man on fire, and he’ll be warm the rest of his life.
– Unknown Fire Elementalist