Precursor as achievement reward

in Suggestions

Posted by: juno.1840

juno.1840

What better way to reward “playing the game” than by awarding a precursor in one of the achievement chests?

I know this is coming via scavenger hunt, but it seems to me that it would make more sense to tie it to achievement points (say 10,000 total — numbers aren’t important here, the idea is).

Why make this suggestion? Because I suspect the scavenger hunt will be extremely painful and I already play the game (and have achievement points to show for it). I will continue to play the game and accrue more achievement points. It seems to be a logic way to reward “playing”, rather than RNG luck, or a potentially grueling scavenger hunt.

NOTE: Precursor via the achievement panel reward system is actually coming via the scavenger hunt — that’s how you’ll pick your precursor for completing it, by selecting it as an achievement reward.

Part of me thinks that someone in ANet was thinking “hey, wanna see something funny? Watch this…”

in Suggestions

Posted by: Weirwynn.2390

Weirwynn.2390

Why make this suggestion? Because I suspect the scavenger hunt will be extremely painful and I already play the game (and have achievement points to show for it).

So basically, they’re going to make it easier, but not easy enough for you, so you just want to be handed a precursor for something you already did.

…sounds legit.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

“Scavenger hunt” can be made to be significantly more engaging than “Go get 10k AP”

in Suggestions

Posted by: Firebird Gomer.9563

Firebird Gomer.9563

I just wish they would hurry up with the scavenger hunt. They talked about it being released what back in March/April.

I dont care if its hard I just want to drive the sodding broker prices down as they are stupid.

in Suggestions

Posted by: negerleif.2106

negerleif.2106

changes must be made, and fast! cant wait for the scavenger hunt thingy!

Why make this suggestion? Because I suspect the scavenger hunt will be extremely painful and I already play the game (and have achievement points to show for it).

So basically, they’re going to make it easier, but not easy enough for you, so you just want to be handed a precursor for something you already did.

…sounds legit.

getting a precurser is WAY HARDER (thx to the RNG bull****) then making the rest of the Legendary

….sounds legit

the precurser should be the start to make a legendary.
not the only thing holding it back.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Weirwynn.2390

Weirwynn.2390

getting a precurser is WAY HARDER (thx to the RNG bull****) then making the rest of the Legendary

….sounds legit

And yet the OP is pre-emtively complaining about the scavenger hunt method, saying it “sounds like too much work.” Sorry, that gets no sympathy from me.

in Suggestions

negerleif.2106

….sounds legit

And yet the OP is pre-emtively complaining about the scavenger hunt method, saying it “sounds like too much work.” Sorry, that gets no sympathy from me.

i can agree with you on that one

in Suggestions

Posted by: tom.7468

tom.7468

I hope they wont make it soulbound then because i can’t afford to finish it cost another 500~ gold. and 10.000 sounds a little extreme tbh.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Bismuth.3165

Bismuth.3165

Scavenger hunt is probably going to have it’s own achievement panel, it’s not going to be drop X items and Y items into the mystic forge and baam, a precursor, if it’s not an achievement thing then we’ll be seeing a lot of precursors in the first day, by achievement panel I mean you have to do stuff and it records the stuff you do, for example, complete all dungeon explorable, do 100 fractals, kill 5000 people in wvw, kill 2000 people in spvp, complete 1000 event, and maybe they’ll make it so that there is more achievements than needed thus providing a variety of ways to get precursor, like do 10 of the 15 achievements mentioned… and you’ll get a precursor ticket

Jeeha (ele) and Jeeha The Warrior
Is currently emotionally unstable because Breaking Bad is over

in Suggestions

negerleif.2106

Scavenger hunt is probably going to have it’s own achievement panel, it’s not going to be drop X items and Y items into the mystic forge and baam, a precursor, if it’s not an achievement thing then we’ll be seeing a lot of precursors in the first day, by achievement panel I mean you have to do stuff and it records the stuff you do, for example, complete all dungeon explorable, do 100 fractals, kill 5000 people in wvw, kill 2000 people in spvp, complete 1000 event, and maybe they’ll make it so that there is more achievements than needed thus providing a variety of ways to get precursor, like do 10 of the 15 achievements mentioned… and you’ll get a precursor ticket

well said! i hope it will be something like the monthly is now but more challanging ofc. and more time consuming.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kiba.9701

Kiba.9701

I just hope the Scavenger Hunt doesnt have any RNG concepts because then there wont be any meaning doing it.

Stormbluff Isle
Kirito Wolvesong – Mesmer
Kiba Wolvesong – Thief

in Suggestions

negerleif.2106

I just hope the Scavenger Hunt doesnt have any RNG concepts because then there wont be any meaning doing it.

if it ends up like that i will stop playing for real im afraid