Proposed Changes to Stealth #717

in Suggestions

Posted by: Synesence.7546

Synesence.7546

Another proposed changes for stealth, that I fear shall be rejected by both parties like the rest, but dammit, I can’t help but have hope!

Main Skills:

Stealth: A skill that is accessible through the F2 button instead of through multiple utilities and skills. The thief will remain stealthed unless engaged in battle or attacked, in which case stealth will go into a 20-second cooldown, reduced by half if health goes below 50%. Works as a stunbreaker.

Stealth will not work if the thief has any of the following conditions: Bleed, Poison, Confuse, and Torment.

Backstab: It will remain the same, but all other attacks in stealth will have a base 25% chance of hitting for critical damage.

Cloak & Dagger: A block that teleports the thief behind the opponent when struck, stabbing the foe and either (Because I’m not sure which one works better):

A) Applying 3 stacks of bleed for 5 seconds.
Or
B) Gain Fury for 5 seconds.

The block lasts for 2 seconds, regaining initiative if not struck. Costs 6 initiative, with a range of 300. Throw a dagger that will damage the attacker if distance is greater than 300.

Pistol Main-hand:

Vital Shot: Every third use of this skill will be with both pistols for extra damage if off-hand pistol is equipped; will poison for 3 seconds if off-hand dagger is equipped.

Body Shot: Add one second of evade when used.

Blinding Powder: Heartseeker-combo will grant the thief 3 seconds of fury instead.

Skills:

Hide in Shadows: Remove three conditions and heal the thief as usual, but also blind all nearby foes for 3 seconds.

Shadow Refuge: Grants the thief 3 seconds of evade and 10 seconds of regen instead of mass stealth. 30-second cooldown.

Together in The Shadows: An elite PBAoE skill that grants stealth and swiftness to all allies for 10 seconds. 2-minute cooldown, one second cast time.

Steal: Has a 50% chance of inflicting weakness for 3 seconds. Will not reveal thief when stealthed.

Downed Skills:

Smoke Screen: Grants 5 seconds of blindness instead of stealth.

That’s about it. More evades, and less stealth…

Any modifications and changes you’d think would help, or are my changes something that would cause mass riots throughout the community for buffing the thieves up too much? This is what I’d suggest for PvE, I’m sure they’re edits needed for PvP/WwW.

This is just an idea, I’m open to criticism and all forms of insults.

in Suggestions

Posted by: tom.7468

tom.7468

And to compensate for the stealth nerf they get a tiny buff to vital shot thats it? you do realize theif is designed around stealth they use it for both defense and offense this would completely destroy the profession.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Synesence.7546

Synesence.7546

And to compensate for the stealth nerf they get a tiny buff to vital shot thats it? you do realize theif is designed around stealth they use it for both defense and offense this would completely destroy the profession.

I understand it’s built around stealth, but I believe the thief is one that can pick their own battles, hence the permanent stealth. Essentially, the idea would be that they’d be in stealth unless they engage in battle. They would always have the first strike, dealing massive burst damage, whilst being mobile and evading attacks out of stealth. The warrior is one that can deal consistent DPS throughout long battles, whilst the thief is all about catching their opponents off-guard with the first powerful attack, evading and dodging constantly due to their lack of strong defenses.

Like I said, I’m open to all changes and modifications you think would be fair. I’m sure permastealth is a good thing. Hell, I love the thief, just trying to find a balance for those that love and hate the profession.