Queue for Dungeon party

Queue for Dungeon party

in Suggestions

Posted by: Chewablesleeptablet.3185

Chewablesleeptablet.3185

Say you don’t care who has what build and you just want to have fun with random people in a dungeon. Since GW’2 dungeons are easy enough for pug groups, a dungeon queue would be very convenient. People will still be able to make pre-mades and such of course.

I talking about groups who aren’t looking for NEED ZERKER WARRIORS groups. A random party queue at the entrance of each dungeon just makes finding a pug party way faster and easier. It could even work across all servers.

Queue for Dungeon party

in Suggestions

Posted by: Skolia.2408

Skolia.2408

I think this is a great idea. Other MMOs (past and present) have simliar systems.

Could even have it so team (below max) can queue up for fills (that LFM1-2 situation, for example).

Queue for Dungeon party

in Suggestions

Posted by: Gustoril.4195

Gustoril.4195

This is one of the features I hated in World of warcraft, back in the older expansions we had to find the group, find the dungeon and work as a team to complete it.

The Looking For Group system was created and everything changed.

I found it made everyone lazy due to instantly teleporting everyone to the dungeon, players became increasingly rude due to the minimal effort required for forming a group or gaining entry to the dungeon (Running there).

The worst part was the cross server dungeon finder, these people you would probably never see again and because of this, no one cared what they said to each other and so there was rage, blame, loot ninjas everywhere.

If its just the server side group finder, I’m sorta fine with this because the player is on the server. People behave differently if they need to interact often with others. (Same people)

(edited by Gustoril.4195)

Queue for Dungeon party

in Suggestions

Posted by: marianitten.1247

marianitten.1247

This is one of the features I hated in World of warcraft, back in the older expansions we had to find the group, find the dungeon and work as a team to complete it.

I found it made everyone lazy due to instantly teleporting everyone to the dungeon, players became increasingly rude due to the minimal effort required for forming a group or gaining entry to the dungeon (Running there).

The worst part was the cross server dungeon finder, these people you would probably never see again and because of this, no one cared what they said to each other and so there was rage, blame, loot ninjas everywhere.

If its just the server side group finder, I’m sorta fine with this because the player is on the server. People behave differently if they need to interact often with others. (Same people)

The problem was that WoW did too much.. we are not asking that.. just a simple method to find a group easily without using gw2lfg for example.

• You have to go to the dungeon.
  • You have to speak/write anyway. In WOW dungeons you have your task assigned: DPS, HEALER, TANK.. so no need to talk. But here you need to talk about what are you going to do next.
For Those About to Zerg (We Salute You)

Queue for Dungeon party

in Suggestions

Posted by: KingMos.5479

KingMos.5479

I understand some people feel like this, but this really is a case of if you don’t like it then don’t use it. I would be confident to say that the majority of people do not enjoy either alt+tab to go to GW2LFG.com or spamming in LA LFG etc. neither of these methods of LFG build “community” or what ever term people use.

I could break down your arguments against such a system point by point but I’m sure you’ve seen the arguments for a LFG system numerous times. My problem is that people like you are stopping, or at least, delaying ANet in implementing a system. Wouldn’t the best solution to your problem be simply to not use a LFG system and therefore only find other people who are not using such a system and are “better” or whatever term you want to use?

This game fixes and address so many of the problems that made the last generation of MMO’s bad eg. Trinity restricting play style/strategies, mob stealing, grouping in general, questing ect. But the instanced PvE is probably the worst I’ve ever experienced in an MMO.

Queue for Dungeon party

in Suggestions

Posted by: Gustoril.4195

Gustoril.4195

I understand some people feel like this, but this really is a case of if you don’t like it then don’t use it. I would be confident to say that the majority of people do not enjoy either alt+tab to go to GW2LFG.com or spamming in LA LFG etc. neither of these methods of LFG build “community” or what ever term people use.

I could break down your arguments against such a system point by point but I’m sure you’ve seen the arguments for a LFG system numerous times. My problem is that people like you are stopping, or at least, delaying ANet in implementing a system. Wouldn’t the best solution to your problem be simply to not use a LFG system and therefore only find other people who are not using such a system and are “better” or whatever term you want to use?

This game fixes and address so many of the problems that made the last generation of MMO’s bad eg. Trinity restricting play style/strategies, mob stealing, grouping in general, questing ect. But the instanced PvE is probably the worst I’ve ever experienced in an MMO.

I’m fine with the system, been using it for years, I’m just stating my experience with other games involving the LFG. Also your recommendation for my problem is to simply don’t use it, therefore while I’m not and majority of others are, it would be extremely difficult to find a group because people will always choose the easier option (LFG), Why put effort into building a group when something does it for you.

Just to clarify, Im fine with the LFG when it comes to creating the group, but I don’t approve of the instant travel to the dungeon. Reason? If all you do in GW2 is dungeons then you will never need to leave town.

Carry on.

(edited by Gustoril.4195)

Queue for Dungeon party

in Suggestions

Posted by: Shadoviper.8921

Shadoviper.8921

I definitely think that gw2 should implement a way for solo players to find a group to run dungeons with.