Really bummed with the guild update...

in Suggestions

Posted by: GummiBear.2756

GummiBear.2756

once again.. you want to get the same thing the huge collection of people gets without any of the effort…

No you cant be paid 100 billion a year just because the country gets that much.

Cant speak for all the others but personally i would be fine if we just had access to tier 1 guild missions in say lvl 2 or 3 of their respective tiers, then the tier 2 and 3 missions could be further down, that way the smaller versions would be accessible by the smaller guild, but the bigger guilds got their bigger missions, so the big guild sure would have a advantage sure, but, at least the small ones do have a chance to get something, although it would take a bit longer, but i wouldn’t mind that. really with all 3 tiers being in lvl 5 i bet the tier 1 and 2’s are rarely if every started because the big guilds simply get more out of doing tier 3’s

in Suggestions

Posted by: electricity.7682

electricity.7682

I feel that the influence required for these missions (and to unlock them in the first place) should scale with the amount of people in your guild.

Exactly, it would follow the scaling theme used for virtually everything else of comparison and it would make sense. A small guild would benefit no more or less from the benefits of upgrades, regardless of level, so why should we small-guildies be forced to earn/pay an exponetially higher fee for the same benefits gained?

It’s almost like we’re little mom & pop stores trying to compete with wal-mart.

Without this issue being addressed we have no options, only a choice:

1. We can join a mega-guild but have little to no say in how the guild upgrades or what the guild focuses on.
    or
  2. We can create a guild with *actual friends that we *actually know, and then either accept the cold, hard fact that we will never achieve what we wanted to when we first dreamed of guilding together or grind, grind, grind….. and where’s the fun in that?
    My brother and I formed a guild a few weeks ago and sadly did not anticipate the maddening stagnation that will soon beset our upgrading schedule. For now we’ve chosen to solicit the membership of new guildies in hopes of forging something worthwhile.

Good Luck to all the other small-guildies out there, may your guilds be strong and prosperous!!!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Combatter.5123

Combatter.5123

I would be really interested to hear Anet’s response to the feelings expressed in this thread

Maetheryl Thorswood (Ranger), Bennish (Guardian), Lex Sabre (Elementalist)
Tyria, Underworld

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zahld.4956

Zahld.4956

Base the cost on the guild size and/or daily or past week income..some sort of sliding scale that isn,’t too slippery.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Amber Malachite.8195

Amber Malachite.8195

Seems to me people are forgetting that you can belong to more than one guild. Keep your small one to do the same stuff you’ve been doing with your friends. Join a large one for the Guild Missions. I would imagine that the guilds that have been going for quantity rather than quality wouldn’t even notice that sometimes you’re not around

Lady Rae – Matron Mother of Madness

John 1: 1-5, 9-14, 16-18

in Suggestions

Combatter.5123

Seems to me people are forgetting that you can belong to more than one guild. Keep your small one to do the same stuff you’ve been doing with your friends. Join a large one for the Guild Missions. I would imagine that the guilds that have been going for quantity rather than quality wouldn’t even notice that sometimes you’re not around

But what if you want to do the missions as your small guild? ArenaNet say that they want Guild Wars 2 to be about playing the game in the way you want to play it (which is a great principle) but I don’t really want to be part of a massive guild just to play missions. Why are they excluding small guilds from this content in this way?

Tyria, Underworld

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sleel.8365

Sleel.8365

We have a dozenish in guild. maybe half that on at peak times. yet we managed to build the influence that we had 17k this morning, with lvl 4 stuff long since built. Dun see how this is a problem. Only thing I think is stupid is how kitten long it takes to build kitten. 200+ hours for art of war 5 and economy. Make a big noise about how awesome sauce all this kitten is then make it take a dogs age to actually be able to do kitten with it.

in Suggestions

Combatter.5123

ArenaNet – pleeeease make tier 1 guild missions cheaper in terms of influence cost so that smaller guilds can try them out

Tyria, Underworld