Regarding the "race change" requests

in Suggestions

Posted by: Drakonath.7096

Drakonath.7096

Hopefully someone from the Anet Staff will see this and shed some light.

Yes, we know it would be hard to implement. But as other mmorpgs progress and develop they are coming out with new features like this one. (ex: WoW)

I’m not saying Wow is better then Gw2 or anything, I’m saying it would be wise to keep up with features this way.

Secondly, it is a VERY VERY VERY requested feature, so If you guys did make it happen it would be a guaranteed success. All you have to do is make some requirements

1) Must be level 80
2) Must have completed personal story

Next

1) Personal story is reset to the race of players choosing but it is NOT AVAILABLE.

In otherwords you can’t do a Norns story unless you create a Norn in character creation.

2) All race specific items (Cultural’s) will simply be swapped. ( Is that really that hard?)

3) Players are still associated with the same Order

4) Race specific skills are refunded

Boom. Race change complete. Now you can’t tell me this is impossible to implement or isnt a good idea because it is…..and MANY people wanting it is proof.

Make it 1500 gems or 2000 gems. You guys will make a killing and the players will be pleased.

Just my 2 cents.

Thanks

(edited by Drakonath.7096)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kaimick.5109

Kaimick.5109

Forum rules you should probably read them there are more here is the link
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/rules
You agree to the following guidelines, which will help cultivate a user-friendly environment in the Guild Wars 2 Forums:

• Read the forum before asking a question. There’s a good chance your question has already been answered.
  • Use the search function before posting. This will focus the discussion and facilitate a response.
  • Stay on topic and create a new post for tangentially related topics.
  • Do not cross post. Post your message once in the appropriate sub-forum and nowhere else; otherwise it will be locked or removed without warning.
  • Use a relevant thread title that clearly expresses the subject of the thread.
  • Avoid frivolous and duplicate postings.

Vote No on Prop 589

in Suggestions

Drakonath.7096

Pretty sure I didnt do anything wrong. and Im asking WHY it cant be implemented. which hasnt been answered

in Suggestions

Posted by: orisci.6527

orisci.6527

Hopefully this will be implemented.

in Suggestions

Drakonath.7096

agreed! it would be such a great feature

in Suggestions

Posted by: Muffin.5208

Muffin.5208

I hope to GOD they wont make us having to be lvl 80 AND have the personal quest done. It is extremely boring and I dont even care about it.

in Suggestions

Posted by: robinsiebler.3801

robinsiebler.3801

It think this idea is completely kitten! No! No! No! You want a new race? Re-roll.

This message was brought to you by a Kitten with a Keyboard

in Suggestions

Posted by: kenshinakh.3672

kenshinakh.3672

Anet never said it can’t be implemented. It’s just something you have to wait and see if it comes like the Gem store revamp with character customization.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kaimick.5109

Kaimick.5109

Pretty sure I didnt do anything wrong. and Im asking WHY it cant be implemented. which hasnt been answered

You are duplicating another thread by fact probably about 25 thraeds

• Use the search function before posting. This will focus the discussion and facilitate a response.

This means instead of making 100 threads about the same thing post on the current thread and this will get your question or suggestion answred

• Avoid frivolous and duplicate postings.
    This post is in direct violation of ^this rule.

(edited by Kaimick.5109)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tainted Twins.2581

Tainted Twins.2581

Hi, i myself was just about to create such a thread myself. I agree with all the relevant points you have made and i myself would like a race change as well. However, i think a better suggestion would be to erase all personal story and allow players to experience a new race’s storyline with their favorite classes. By implementing it in such a way, it safeguards against everybody race changing to the flavor of the month race as they would have to start their personal stories from scratch. This way, it allows players to experience new race storylines and also creates a safety net for the feature.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sephirox.4071

Sephirox.4071

…Start a new player —→ Complete Story --—> Boom Level 80

Race change should not happen, and probably never will. Why did you choose a race if you do not like it now. Leveling is extremely easy so there is no point.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Catcrafter.3917

Catcrafter.3917

NO! NOT NOW NOT EVER! It will never happen, if you don’t understand what rpg stands in mmorpg go play tetris and stop wasting everyone’s time on the forums.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Smelly Bookah.6957

Smelly Bookah.6957

Don’t lsiten to Kaimick, he apparently has nothing else to do rather than remind people of forum rules (which barely anyone cares about or tend to) and voting no.

Personally I think it’s a great idea and should be implemented just like class change service.
There are no arguments against it. It would not affect the balance of the game, just as it would not spoil anyones experience. If somebody says no, then he should come with reasnable conter argument. Explaining why it would be bad for the game.

(edited by Smelly Bookah.6957)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Smelly Bookah.6957

Smelly Bookah.6957

…Start a new player —-> Complete Story —--> Boom Level 80

Race change should not happen, and probably never will. Why did you choose a race if you do not like it now. Leveling is extremely easy so there is no point.

There is much point.
Consider new expansions and potential new races. Is that really so hard to figure this out?
Look, you invest time (and money) in your character, so you should not be forced to completely reroll if you want to change your race. Moreover I also think class changes should be available.
The reason why is extremely simple: This would not affect balance of the game nor would destroy the experience of 3rd parties. If you don’t like it, don’t use it. You probably won’t even notice that other people do. Stop being selfish just because you think certain option would be useless for you. If it’s not gonna affect your game experience, then why oppose?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lutharr.1035

Lutharr.1035

they could maybe say you need to have completed the story to be able to race change if thats whats holding it back.

Go back to WoW. Most overused brainless arguement 2012-2013

in Suggestions

Posted by: Leonidas.7604

Leonidas.7604

I think that the race change issue is a a good one, I think that this is something that we all could see ourselves buying especially if they bring out new races. Can someone direct me to the original forum with the other questions and answers cause I want to re-role a character and wonder if its worth it.

I think with the complexity and size of this game it is always hard to pick a race and not to find faults in it later on in the game.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Azzrael Deathbane.4965

Azzrael Deathbane.4965

I agree, I am definitely up for a race change, it can be done and ANet would make a killing.

I don’t see why I have to roll another warrior (using up another Character slot) when I have one that has done the world completion, full story etc. Surely, I should be able to make the choice whether I want to spend Gems to change his race.

For those that don’t want it, don’t spend the gems, it’s as easy as that.

“Once more into the fray. Into the last good fight I’ll ever know.
Live and die on this day. Live and die on this day.”

in Suggestions

Posted by: Minibiskit.6158

Minibiskit.6158

I really hope they drop a race change item into the gem store. The restrictions outlined by the OP seem to work fine, except for the completion of the entire personal story. If I recall, the only race-specific part of the storyline is up to lvl 30. Once you join an Order, the story is the same for any other race, so the race change option could become available at this part of the story.

Alternatively, ANet could just reset the personal story on use of the race change item.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Olba.5376

Olba.5376

Alternatively, ANet could just reset the personal story on use of the race change item.

This would cause people to use the race change item to farm the achievement points for having joined each of the 3 different orders.

I don’t see why I have to roll another warrior (using up another Character slot) when I have one that has done the world completion, full story etc. Surely, I should be able to make the choice whether I want to spend Gems to change his race.

So you completed all of the maps and the story before you realized that you wanted to play as another race? Yeah right.

To me, the race change topics just reek of lazy or dumb people. You want a race change on a generic level 80 character? Well then reroll. You want a race change after you completed the world, got a Legendary and a full set of Exotic dungeon armor? Yeah, you should have given more thought to that before you got all that stuff.

(edited by Olba.5376)

in Suggestions

Posted by: evolverzilla.2359

evolverzilla.2359

Make it a 10000 gems and I will agree. The work to implement:
1 – Change class
2 – Adapt the makeup to the new class
3 – KILL the story of the player because it´s totally racial and maybe bug if in expansions they need some of these decisions to a new story and they will start whining about not continue their stories
4 – Kill their allegiances and maybe bug in expansions and wait for whining
5 – Change their racial clothes
6 – Change their racial skills and even create new skills bugging along the way

10000 gems at least can cover some of the whining about class change creating new bugs in the future.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Azzrael Deathbane.4965

Azzrael Deathbane.4965

So you completed all of the maps and the story before you realized that you wanted to play as another race? Yeah right.

To me, the race change topics just reek of lazy or dumb people. You want a race change on a generic level 80 character? Well then reroll. You want a race change after you completed the world, got a Legendary and a full set of Exotic dungeon armour? Yeah, you should have given more thought to that before you got all that stuff.

Nice, First off, i am aware that i don’t have any rights; however, i am a human being and can change my mind when i want to, without having to ask your permission. I rolled a warrior and i like it, i am just not settled on the race. If i choose to change my mind at 20 or even 80, it is of no concern to you. Lastly, I don’t have any legendary weapons or any nice armour on him, I only said that I have completed map completion and story line.

I really don’t appreciate the insults (Lazy and Dumb) What I do in game and the choices I make is none of your business.

If you have no constructive comments or suggestions without insulting other forum dwellers, then please refrain from posting on these forums.

“Once more into the fray. Into the last good fight I’ll ever know.
Live and die on this day. Live and die on this day.”

in Suggestions

Posted by: TimeBomb.3427

TimeBomb.3427

No. I don’t see how this is very highly requested. It’s been mentioned before, sure, but I’m going to go with one of my favorite reasons not to do this:
It drastically lowers the amount of replayability and even moreso, it completely breaks lore and any sort of immersion/roleplaying. There are surely more reasons on top of that. I definitely don’t support this.

tl;dr immersion issues, gameplay mechanic issues, technical issues.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Gav.1425

Gav.1425

NO! NOT NOW NOT EVER! It will never happen, if you don’t understand what rpg stands in mmorpg go play tetris and stop wasting everyone’s time on the forums.

Then explain the gender change feature? Is ANet doing plastic surgery?

in Suggestions

Posted by: TwiceDead.1963

TwiceDead.1963

What… Why?
Part of the games beauty is it’s replayability. Myself I have one of each class/race and I am happy with every character except the Sylvari because they suck (IMO).

Again, why? Why do you want to change races? What’s the point? Just re-roll! Easy as that! Unless you by some godforbidding mistake made every and each one of your character of the same race and brought them all up to 80 for some stupid reason in which case you’re on your own. An appearance change I get, but a race change? I wouldn’t bet my life on that.

Re-roll. That simple. The experience won’t be the same because you’ll be in a different starting area with different quests.