Removal of Downed State in WvW

in Suggestions

Posted by: Flocke.8302

Flocke.8302

It takes to much away from the fighting when everyone is trying to finish the same person. I say when you get someone to 0 health, reap the xp and badge rewards without having to down and loot.

People can still revive others after the battle (or if you have enough time to during)

Reducing the repair cost would help with the adjustment.

Just a suggestion but personally I feel the finish move takes too long and most classes have some kind of knock-down that makes it take even longer. So you potentially have your whole zerg trying to down one person instead of killing the rest of the enemy.

I believe the focus in WvW should be defeating your enemy and capturing keeps not playing Whack-A-Mole :P

in Suggestions

Posted by: Volrath.1473

Volrath.1473

Imo downstate should be removed from pvp all together and here is why.

Downstate encorages zerg and benefits the side with the biggest number!

I have been playing mmos for many years with 2 rl friends and we love to tem up and go roaming around world pvp. In gw2 the 3 of us have manage to win versus bigger numbers but with downstate they have a huge advantage over us since they can quickly res each other, some professions can even res themselves quite fast.

Downstate desencorages small scale pvp. It should be the other way around…

Don’t get me wrong I think that the downstate is a great idea but in pvp it heavily penelizes small groups and small scale pvp encounters not only in wvwvw but in structured and tournament pvp in 1v2 or 2v3 encounters.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nanfoodle.2439

Nanfoodle.2439

I love the down state. Adds a new twist in PvP and my wife run in WvW or with a few guilds and have np. It takes thinking over zerging over what is suggested above. Pls don’t remove downstate. My hope is ANet expands on it.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kuzzi.2198

Kuzzi.2198

I love the downed state in PvE.

I think I might like PvP more without it though.

in Suggestions

Posted by: DragonMind.2983

DragonMind.2983

I must agree downed state in WvWvW is useless
for the downed person, you rarely get up from it,
BUT it does take time for the opponent to kill you,
precious time that could have been spent more wisely
to defeat/fight other enemies.

in Suggestions

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

Downstate encorages zerg and benefits the side with the biggest number!
[…]

That won’t change by removing the downed state.
AoEs can hit only up to 5 enemies, so more people means less damage your side takes altogether, as damage gets spread between more people more often.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kasei.8726

Kasei.8726

I completely disagree. Downed state introduces new strategy in both small scale and large scale gameplay. My teammates and I have turned the tides countless times by knowing when and how to rally someone. Knowing when to knock enemies away and revive someone, or to kill their target to rally them can make a huge difference in a fight.

Flocke.8302

Just a suggestion but personally I feel the finish move takes too long and most classes have some kind of knock-down that makes it take even longer. So you potentially have your whole zerg trying to down one person instead of killing the rest of the enemy.

One mistake I see a lot people making is repeatedly trying to finish off players (mesmers and thieves) when half the time it’s faster for a group to just defeat them with pure damage. That’s not an issue with the downed mechanic, that’s a issue with the players.

Volrath.1473

Don’t get me wrong I think that the downstate is a great idea but in pvp it heavily penelizes small groups and small scale pvp encounters not only in wvwvw but in structured and tournament pvp in 1v2 or 2v3 encounters..

I don’t understand this comment, please explain further. In general a larger group should be able to defeat a smaller group with or without the down state. If anything I’d argue that the downstate gives the team with the lesser numbers a chance to come back.