Remove Armor Durability!

Remove Armor Durability!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Keiran.1896

Keiran.1896

Dungeons are awesome. They combine a good difficulty, with the feeling of proudness when you finally finish it! Only problem:

“Oh NOOES, I lost all my money by repairing my level 80 armor 10 times…”

Same for WvW…

“Yay, I earned 15 silver by doing WvW! Oh noes, I must pay 11 silver to repair…”.

And same for all the rest… It just feels horrible when you lose your money that way. It makes the game a bit less fun…

Remove Armor Durability!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Panda.1967

Panda.1967

At the very least the system needs some tweaking… specifically in WvW. It doesn’t take long in WvW to lose all your armor. TBH I’d rather see everyone forced into their PvP gear in WvW than have to deal with armor breaking every 5 minutes when your part of an offensive strike on a base.

Please stop assuming I’m a guy… I am female.

Remove Armor Durability!

in Suggestions

Keiran.1896

Yes, it’s the same thing for dungeons! The difficulty is made to make you fall all the time but it breaks your armor too fast…

Remove Armor Durability!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Hermod.2643

Hermod.2643

It’s the consequence of death- if you don’t want to have a big repair bill, get better at dodging or get a better understanding of your class. To be honest, I find that death isn’t consequential enough- people jump into frays in WvW without care.

Remove Armor Durability!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Canoas.8423

Canoas.8423

Dude, a dungeon gives you like 50s, even if you are fully broken the repair costs 10…
Same thing in WvW as well, capture a supply point, kill a caravan and one guard and you should get enough money to make up for the next 20 deaths.

There’s no problem whatsoever with the armor durability. Actually, I would even raise the durability price a bit, it barely costs anything right now.

Remove Armor Durability!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

I think dungeons are fine, they’re meant to punsih you for not figuring out the mechanics and blah blah blah blah blah, good players wont deal with that really and blah blah blah.

However in WvWvW you’re going to die… A LOT even if you are the best of the best you’re going to die, A LOT, i think they should make some sort of system where if ALL your armor is damage and is broken from WvW ALONE (IE once first piece of armor actually breaks) the cost to repair it will be halved.

IE: You go to WvW you have 100% fixed armor, it all ends up getting damaged and 1 piece breaks then your cost to repair is halved, where as if you go in with 50% armor and play until your first piece breaks your repair price will be the same.

The reason it’d be like that is to prevent people from wanting to go to WvW just to repair, but let people who spend their time IN WvW all the time to repair without destroying their wallet.

But once again, i think dungeons and those repairs are fine, because once again, they’re meant to discourage graveyard rushing and all that, infact i’d say the more your armor breaks in a dungeon the more and more it should cost you until X amount of time goes by to just eliminate that illusion that graveyard zerging is the intended strategy!

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

Remove Armor Durability!

in Suggestions

Canoas.8423

In WvWvW you’ll get money as long as you’re not being useless.

Remove Armor Durability!

in Suggestions

Durzlla.6295

In WvWvW you’ll get money as long as you’re not being useless.

Haven’t really played WvWvW that much so didn’t know that, spent most of the time just running around making friends with the lesser races and watching Quaggon Shamans one shot people lol

Remove Armor Durability!

in Suggestions

Keiran.1896

Dude, a dungeon gives you like 50s, even if you are fully broken the repair costs 10…

What about if you must repair 7 times? I mean, it happened to me. When you don’t understand the strategy to do to kill a boss, you try again and again… and your armor breaks… and no, you can’t continue naked :P

Remove Armor Durability!

in Suggestions

Durzlla.6295

What about if you must repair 7 times? I mean, it happened to me. When you don’t understand the strategy to do to kill a boss, you try again and again… and your armor breaks… and no, you can’t continue naked :P

Well you -can- but it’s not the best idea lol… Idk i think it’s fine, you’re not supposed to be rewarded for death it’s a punishment…

Remove Armor Durability!

in Suggestions

Posted by: ikarii.3645

ikarii.3645

I haven’t spent any time in WvWvW yet, but I really want to. My favorite aspect of Warhammer online was the RvR. My opinion on this is that all PvP interactions should not come with an equipment penalty.

Death penalties (in the way of reduced health) and the payment for removal of such a penalty is fine if a gold sink is required. But having the same level of equipment damage in PvP just seems counter to fun. Especially since WvWvW encourages combat in an environment that isn’t entirely fair with current game engine limitations (pop-ins anyone?). I believe it’s okay to punish a player for making a mistake, but when that mistake isn’t one that could have been avoided (invisible opponents), it seems a little beyond harsh.

All that being said, these concerns have prevented me (so far) from participating in the one area of the game that I was confident was going to be my “end-game” for years to come. I’m already “poor” and it would appear that participating with anything less than a level 80 in a full set of exotics would be a recipe for bankruptcy.

Remove Armor Durability!

in Suggestions

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

Wrong, you won’t die in WvW or Dungeons a lot unless you suck.

In WvW, Don’t push too far or too greedily, fight with the group. Position yourself correctly.

In Dungeons, use teamwork.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

Remove Armor Durability!

in Suggestions

Canoas.8423

Then you’ll just have to do the dungeon again to make a profit. It’s your fault you died, not the system’s.

Remove Armor Durability!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Silverwing.3416

Silverwing.3416

Not having played PvP at all yet in this game, I’m a bit surprised that your armor can break from PvP deaths at all. In the other MMOs I’ve played that have had armor durability, it only goes down from use, never from deaths. Why punish PvPers in this way?

I die constantly in PvP, often from being outnumbered, and that’s just how PvP goes. Death is more avoidable in PvE, since the encounters are more balanced, so the penalties for death should be higher.

Remove Armor Durability!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nefar.8135

Nefar.8135

Let crafters repair armor.

Remove Armor Durability!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Qaletaqa Hania.2598

Qaletaqa Hania.2598

Let crafters repair armor.

This is something I have wanted in numerous games. They can craft armor but not repair it? It’s funny, but not really.

Remove Armor Durability!

in Suggestions

Posted by: TheUnNamedHero.4167

TheUnNamedHero.4167

Education is expensive. Doesn’t mean it’s worthless.

2012 Halloween Tower Champion
The Lost Shores should have stayed lost.

Remove Armor Durability!

in Suggestions

Durzlla.6295

So, for the repairing your own armor i’d be totally ok with that, although i’d think it’d cost you some actual matts instead of money (IE you use leather and some thread to fix leather armor)