Remove Harpy's launch in Mist Fractal

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kelmen.3896

Kelmen.3896

there is a map where need to jump and fight through a bunch of harpies, and they have launch effect.

this make the challenge very specific-skill dependent.
either remove the launch effect, or make the launch take longer to cast, so the challenge will be more viable, as player can have proper time to jump away.

the problem is without the proper skill, players will just keep knock out of the platform and die.

there is no fun for this phase, not even challenge.

in Suggestions

Posted by: knbBlackTemplar.3059

knbBlackTemplar.3059

So much hate this fractal.. but not a problem with guardian and mesmer in party.

80’s: Sylvari Necromancer (Main). Human: Thief, Warrior (PvP Main), Engineer. Charr Guardian

in Suggestions

Posted by: SSalp.6423

SSalp.6423

the problem is without the proper skill, players will just keep knock out of the platform and die.

That’s the whole point of this mechanic. Get the proper skill. Fractals aren’t meant to be overly easy.

Immotal Kingdom[KING] – Desolation

in Suggestions

Posted by: Serelisk.6573

Serelisk.6573

That’s the whole point of this mechanic. Get the proper skill. Fractals aren’t meant to be overly easy.

The issue with that is that it makes certain classes necessary to do fractals in general, since you can not pick what fractal you get. So doing fractals without either group stealth or stability or some other mechanic that can counter that is a completely nonviable way to go about Fractals as a whole, not just that specific one. :o

^This sort of goes against the tenets the group system in this game was founded on unnecessarily marginalizes certain players for a preferred play style.

Kegmaster

in Suggestions

Posted by: Serbaayuu.3051

Serbaayuu.3051

Rangers, guardians, and elementalists have easy access to stability. Thieves can blind, mesmers can reflect. Necromancers even have stability in plague form. I’m pretty sure warriors have stability too. How about engineers?

Everybody has a way to either become stable, block, blind, or reflect the harpies. The harpies are pretty bullkitten, but it’s the kind of bullkitten that forces you to become a better and more aware player.

Sylva – 80 Ranger
The Fifth Column [FCol]
Henge of Denravi

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nretep.2564

Nretep.2564

The issue with that is that it makes certain classes necessary to do fractals in general, since you can not pick what fractal you get. So doing fractals without either group stealth or stability or some other mechanic that can counter that is a completely nonviable way to go about Fractals as a whole, not just that specific one. :o

Rangers, guardians, and elementalists have easy access to stability. Thieves can blind, mesmers can reflect. Necromancers even have stability in plague form. I’m pretty sure warriors have stability too. How about engineers?

Everybody has a way to either become stable, block, blind, or reflect the harpies. The harpies are pretty bullkitten, but it’s the kind of bullkitten that forces you to become a better and more aware player.

Elementalist:

Necromancer:

Mesmer

Thief

Engineer

Ranger

Warrior

Guardian

Well, if you play a class I didn’t list, you’re pretty much out of options.
If you can’t manage the knock-back projectiles, play FotM lvl1~9.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Chewablesleeptablet.3185

Chewablesleeptablet.3185

you do know you can change your utility and weapon skills when out of combat? why not try to adapt to the challenge?

If you nerf harpies, then I want everything else in the game able to be beaten with just the press of #1.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Korossive.7085

Korossive.7085

Launch is fine. Remove “Invulnerable” message.
Without that – they’re a cake.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Crysys.1297

Crysys.1297

This is the problem!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nash.2681

Nash.2681

This- SO MUCH THIS!

XMG U716 (i7 6700, 16GB DDR4@2133Mhz, GTX980m, Samsung 850Evo 250 GB, Seagate SSHD 500GB)

Leader of “Servants of Balance” [SoB], a small guild endemic to the FSP.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Paradox.5498

Paradox.5498

Exactly! Shooting invulnerable harpies half of the time is what gets ppl raging a lot in this fractal.

in Suggestions

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

I always run thief in fractals so I just kill the 1st harpy, then SR us through the rest. The harpies are pointless both in loot and relation to the fractal. They literally just soak up time, it’s no wonder people skip them.

Also the kb isn’t the only issue. If they cripple you and you try avoiding the launch, GL. You will miss the platform.

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

in Suggestions

Posted by: Bright.9160

Bright.9160

Dear Anet, this mechanic that’s supposed to teach me something is too hard for me and I refuse to become a better player to overcome it. Please nerf it for me, kthx.

And this is what’s wrong with the GW2 player base.

Legion of Doom [LOD] – Death ’n Taxes [DnT]
“People wanting content where Berserker sucks should remember that it needs be so hard
that they will cry, not just a river, but a huge ocean.” – Wethospu

in Suggestions

Kelmen.3896

I’m playing as Ranger.

Hunter Shot only make you invisible, for 3 sec. you can’t stay invi forever. it won’t help you avoid the launch.

Whirling Defense provides about 4 seconds projective reflect, and it got a long cd.
it’s an off hand Axe skill. practically, you need to play melee to use it, and only will save you 1 time.

Rampage may help -a bit-, its about 20 sec effect stability, and with a long cd as well.

how these can practically help to pass through a about 10 harpies?

I did try used Rampage attempt to ignore all the mobs jump to top. it won’t work. u in combat, u speed is slowed, the rampage won’t last u that long.
and my problem that time is, all harpies targeting u, can’t even survived many platform hops.

the design is flawed, it need a proper fix or tuning.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Umrae.5124

Umrae.5124

@ Kelmen

you’re not supposed to skip them by yourself nor kill them all by yourself, its a thing for 5 people, those skills are helpfull in a group, so if all the refelcts, blocks or group stability is down you can use your reflect or your personal stability so you don’t get knocked down.

You don’t only have to learn to play your class but also point out to other clueless party members that they can help making it easy, it’s not kittence you get the hang of it.

in Suggestions

Kelmen.3896

@ Kelmen

you’re not supposed to skip them by yourself nor kill them all by yourself, its a thing for 5 people, those skills are helpfull in a group, so if all the refelcts, blocks or group stability is down you can use your reflect or your personal stability so you don’t get knocked down.

You don’t only have to learn to play your class but also point out to other clueless party members that they can help making it easy, it’s not kittence you get the hang of it.

if this part required “coordination” of 5 ppl to pass through it, it should be a boss challenge part, not on the mobs.
and this coordination practically won’t work properly.
times that I can get past it, is when I don’t need to execute any of my “ranger” skills over this, but other class is doing it.

so, if it really required party coordination, then we shouldn’t be able to pass through it at all, because I failed execute my part properly! but yet we still can get through?
is it because there are certain class specific skill practically overcome this challenge single-handed?

the typical game challenge that required “proper” and “precise” group coordication, is something you found in game like WoW, especially when u doing a raid.

afaik about this game, the design is not to bother with this “strigent” raid-like-type coordination.

it is very obvious, this part has a design flaw, it need a fixup.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lyana Evrilow.8102

Lyana Evrilow.8102

I play a ranger, and the fractal is actually not that bad for me. My ranged pet can hit the harpies, too. (Spider or devourer)

The problem, though, is that the knock back/off does NOT stay within the circle indicated. So you are not safe. If you are near the circle of influence, even if outside of it, you’re screwed. Jump back to the other platform and pray it is outside of the circle of influence’s circle of influence.

The BIGGEST problem is the INVULNERABLE harpies. Never, ever, ever fails. And I don’t even know why it happens. But it never goes away. I feel like I can help my team halfway, then the second half, for some reason, the harpies are like, “A RANGER! invulnerable buff! Eat this! rapid fire spike!” as I’m like, “oh… look… invulnerable while in range. joy. aaand dead.”

in Suggestions

Posted by: Umrae.5124

Umrae.5124

@ Kelmen

if this part required “coordination” of 5 ppl to pass through it, it should be a boss challenge part, not on the mobs.
and this coordination practically won’t work properly.
times that I can get past it, is when I don’t need to execute any of my “ranger” skills over this, but other class is doing it.

Harpies are “Elite” mobs, which have been stated to need a small group of players to kill, so it’s not like you are supposed to solo through them!

You didn’t fail your job if you damaged the harpies or gave your team some buffs or support!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Blackwolfe.5649

Blackwolfe.5649

The thing is, it’s not hard getting past them. It’s not challenging, it’s just annoying.

Colin Johansen casts – Working As Intended
Colin Johansen hits you for 239407889 damage
Game over

in Suggestions

Posted by: Taobella.6597

Taobella.6597

you dont need to change any of your uility just spam side step none of there attack can hit you lol

in Suggestions

Kelmen.3896

Harpies are “Elite” mobs, which have been stated to need a small group of players to kill, so it’s not like you are supposed to solo through them!

You didn’t fail your job if you damaged the harpies or gave your team some buffs or support!

I’m not suggesting to make it soloable.
I’m saying this encounter is very specific class skill dependable, without that particular class and skill, the challenge becoming frustrating, in term of time and money for repair. and repairing in fractal mist is not convenient.

a class skill should make a challenge easier compare to those without that skill.
but for this encounter, it become worst.