Reward players for this grind game.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kahrgan.7401

Kahrgan.7401

I may just be the unluckiest player in the entirety of GW2, but there is far too much in this game left to “luck”.

40+ daily attempts at fractals, no fractal sword or greatsword.

400+ attempts at dusk/dawn from MF, using either rares or exotics

40+ hours farming lodestones, 2 charged and 5 (or 6, i lost count) corrupted. (Yeah, thats it)

So what do I have to show for my work put into the game?

A bunch of useless tokens, all my gold gone to gambling trying to get a precursor the only way I can (hoping for a drop from a chest, and also MFing it up)

I have 15 shards of crystallized mists essence. Can’t use them for a SINGLE thing. 46 Pristine fractal relics, that I can purchase rings that I cant salvage, mf, or sell to other players.

A gift of ascension, that I cant even use without 250 ectos (which is ridiculous imo).

Not a single precursor, not a single fractal weapon I want (and in 40+ dailies, only one fractal weapon, and it was a rifle (which I cant even use)). This is further insulting when I see people walking around with 3-4 of these.

So how am I being rewarded? I want to accomplish something in the game, and I have put my fair bit of time and effort into it. I have given you lots of RL money for gems. Why should I keep playing, and keep giving you money anet? Please help me out here, because I am having a hard time feeling as if I should.

(yes, this is a QQ post I guess, but I need to vent after another lump of money has been wasted trying to get my precursor.)

Attachments:

Don’t call anyone out on their BS, that’s an infraction and a deleted post. —Anet.

in Suggestions

Kahrgan.7401

On top of that, people buy from chinese gold farmers, pay less, and get more gold, and in turn are able to get what they want in the game. More so than giving your ripoff gem store money. I have chosen not to do this, and support your game, and look at what I get in return, a whole bunch of nothing. A buggy game (btw the 3-4 bug reports ive had in, some being over 2 months old, have still not been fixed), and a bad loot system.

Oh and warping bots are back again, still not banned. Even though I reported them 3 days ago.

Why should I support a game company that doesn’t appreciate its own customers.

Don’t call anyone out on their BS, that’s an infraction and a deleted post. —Anet.

(edited by Kahrgan.7401)

in Suggestions

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

Well, considering that these coming updates are supposed to improve the game, I’d leave the QQing until then.

If the grind and RNG isn’t fixed by then, I’d be right behind you.

As for:

• your bot complaint, the bot team are only human. If they get, say, 1000 reports a day, chances are they don’t get through them 1000 reports, meaning there’s a backlog. Just saying.
  • your bug complaint, bugs are given priorities, as in game-breaking bugs first. I’d wager a lot of them are working on the Fractal disconnects atm, since they’re truly game-breaking.
Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rei Hino.5961

Rei Hino.5961

Hm I read the whole thing and the only thing I seen that really got my attention was what TheDaiBish.9735 “Well, considering that these coming updates are supposed to improve the game, I’d leave the QQing until then.” When is Guild wars going to get a major overhaul to fix these bugs I have not seen a major patch in going on a month the guesting system is still not working (My friends I wana play with but can’t are all but about to move onto something else soon) but yes I have seen these teleporting bot’s they littely appear and disapear before you can click on them to report (as even if you click on them once that move off your screen they are unselected as moved out of range)

in Suggestions

Kahrgan.7401

Hm I read the whole thing and the only thing I seen that really got my attention was what TheDaiBish.9735 “Well, considering that these coming updates are supposed to improve the game, I’d leave the QQing until then.” When is Guild wars going to get a major overhaul to fix these bugs I have not seen a major patch in going on a month the guesting system is still not working (My friends I wana play with but can’t are all but about to move onto something else soon) but yes I have seen these teleporting bot’s they littely appear and disapear before you can click on them to report (as even if you click on them once that move off your screen they are unselected as moved out of range)

Well, there is a major patch at the end of january, but given that the game has been out for 4 months and not a whole lot has been fixed or changed, I don’t have much faith in anet.

Fractals have been out for a while now, getting rings for AR has gotten easier, but if you are getting them from daily anyway, then you really dont need “an easier way”.

Make purchasable fractal weapons with relics, for one.

Change the way precursor are received (and people can still make money on them)

Change lodestone drop rates, or make them purchasable. (with fractal relics perhaps?)

in Suggestions

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

Well, there is a major patch at the end of january, but given that the game has been out for 4 months and not a whole lot has been fixed or changed, I don’t have much faith in anet.

Fractals have been out for a while now, getting rings for AR has gotten easier, but if you are getting them from daily anyway, then you really dont need “an easier way”.

Change lodestone drop rates, or make them purchasable. (with fractal relics perhaps?)

• Ascended Fractal weapons aren’t out yet. They’re Exotics.
  • There’s a precursor scavenger hunt in the works.
Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

in Suggestions

Kahrgan.7401

in Suggestions

Posted by: ElixireL.5190

ElixireL.5190

I don’t understand a lot of players in this game.

If this was a game where all this grinding could actually net you cash rewards or physical goods, I would understand the crazy repetitive activity and hours spent managing virtual items.
As it is , a lot of the things people are grinding for are things like having a unique sword , and stuff that doesn’t even have significantly higher stats , that would give some supposed advantage in the game .

The most talk on forums and chat is about obtaining items and farming rewards. It just seems like meaningless busywork to me. I was expecting seeing people on local chat discussing how to beat bosses in group events and so on, instead it’s mostly people discussing legendary weapons and how much they want one. Or what rewards are supposed to drop where . They play for virtual rewards rather than enjoying playing with others doing events , heart quests and skill points, etc.

The PvE is largely a gear treadmill where people are rushing though events and dungeons as fast as possible in a sort of race, and it doesn’t look to me like they’re enjoying it. It looks like work to me. What for???

The short version: You don’t need to grind .

(edited by ElixireL.5190)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lutharr.1035

Lutharr.1035

I may just be the unluckiest player in the entirety of GW2, but there is far too much in this game left to “luck”.

40+ daily attempts at fractals, no fractal sword or greatsword.

400+ attempts at dusk/dawn from MF, using either rares or exotics

40+ hours farming lodestones, 2 charged and 5 (or 6, i lost count) corrupted. (Yeah, thats it)

So what do I have to show for my work put into the game?

A bunch of useless tokens, all my gold gone to gambling trying to get a precursor the only way I can (hoping for a drop from a chest, and also MFing it up)

I have 15 shards of crystallized mists essence. Can’t use them for a SINGLE thing. 46 Pristine fractal relics, that I can purchase rings that I cant salvage, mf, or sell to other players.

A gift of ascension, that I cant even use without 250 ectos (which is ridiculous imo).

Not a single precursor, not a single fractal weapon I want (and in 40+ dailies, only one fractal weapon, and it was a rifle (which I cant even use)). This is further insulting when I see people walking around with 3-4 of these.

So how am I being rewarded? I want to accomplish something in the game, and I have put my fair bit of time and effort into it. I have given you lots of RL money for gems. Why should I keep playing, and keep giving you money anet? Please help me out here, because I am having a hard time feeling as if I should.

(yes, this is a QQ post I guess, but I need to vent after another lump of money has been wasted trying to get my precursor.)

Just stop playing for a bit. Sounds like ya burning out playing so much. Log off go play something else til the big patches hit. Ya wont go grey or tear ya hair out then. Its a young game, always going to be teething problems. Id not get to worked up about it just yet.

Go back to WoW. Most overused brainless arguement 2012-2013

in Suggestions

Posted by: Pugsnotdrugs.2718

Pugsnotdrugs.2718

I have the same problem. Things are just too hard to get. Well, not HARD, just boring and grindy. GW2 has the right idea going, made a great game, amazing graphics, amazing pve system, but they need to focus on what people want after 80, And the difficulty of it.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Silver.8023

Silver.8023

None of the things you’re grinding for are either forced upon you or necessary to enjoy the game.

Silver Stormshield – Guardian
Kaimoon Blade – Warrior
Fort Aspenwood

in Suggestions

Posted by: Hellkaiser.6025

Hellkaiser.6025

facepalm

OP. You’re not alone in feeling this way, the answer you’ll receive in the tune of “play something else and come back” is a cop out and there’s little denying that, and pretty much as expected many are giving the game the final chance of jan/feb patches and then are planning on just never touching this game again or anything A-Net or NCsoft create either in collaboration or independently of one another.

As for the answer of “no one is forcing you” that’s just another cop out as ultimately other aspects of the game cannot be expected to keep a player entertained indefinitely as they’re lacking in many areas as already mentioned in other threads. To summarize their core problems

IMHO those are:

SPVP: ironically has no structure as it’s random unless a tSPVP match which is paid for
WPVP: Yo dawwg we heard you liek zergs with your zergs, so we put a zerg in yo zerg…
PVE: Lack of compelling content and an over-abundance on bad RNG reliance, bad progression, lazy design and of course a terrible Cash Shop which again utilizes RNG as many TERRIBLE korean MMO’s seem to entail.

You can of course agree to disagree and you may in fact love each and every or any single aspect mention, I’m not up for debating my opinions on these aspects and until they change, they’re “game breakers”

Grinding a legendary, is probably one of the more, if not ONLY worthwhile endeavor for many players, it’s not their fault that A-Net made the game about aesthetic progression as opposed to actual progression, and then made us grind for just about all sense of said progression ad tedium while simultaneously shooting themselves in the wallet by offering up bugger all purchasable skins in the Cash Shop. All the while letting power traders move the finish lines continually with market manipulation sorry “supply and demand”

Of course now that players have invested into the one worthwhile post 80 endeavor “the legendary grind” and particularly in the precursor market, you run the risk that any proposed changes will be met with opposition simply to preserve this avenue of gold generation or milk it for what it’s worth. It was bound to happen though given how the game was designed.

I just wish players would stop resorting to cop out answers to these issues out of some sense of naivety or overt loyalty to this game company.

Irony…. xD

(edited by Hellkaiser.6025)

in Suggestions

Kahrgan.7401

None of the things you’re grinding for are either forced upon you or necessary to enjoy the game.

No, not forced, but I dont PVP, Ive done explorer on one of my toons already, there are no raids, im already at the highest difficulty for fractals that I want to be at (30).

What else is there to do? I dont mind farming, but farming and not being rewarded for farming is just non-sense.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Silver.8023

Silver.8023

I know bots had an impact on things such as drop rates. As the bot population decreases we can probably expect something a little more desirable in the drops department, hopefully. In my opinion, I’d take a lower drop rate just to stick it to the botters, although I imagine most people don’t agree.
In any case, most months they’ve come out with some new content or another, that’s worth a look.
Now call me old fashioned, farming is really it’s own reward is it not? Sure, you may not be getting the deliberately rare item you’re after as often as you’d like but you’re still getting all the other loot that drops which translates into money.
There’s probably a whole lot of stats and other things related to bots, economy and drop rates that we have no idea about and it’s probably not quite as simple as just raising an item’s drop rate, I trust them with that as it’s probably quite delicate, they’re in the business of making games and they know when something’s not fun. The difference is, a lot of players expect immediate results when in fact, some things require quite a lot of testing which takes time etc.

In reality though, if you’ve done everything you really want to do aside from farming and it’s got to the point where you don’t know what to do, perhaps a little break from Guild Wars 2 is in order or maybe try something new, a new profession/character, help a friend/guildy with their lower characters, play a different game etc.
They also have more plans in store for January and February too, I’m looking forward to those.

Silver Stormshield – Guardian
Kaimoon Blade – Warrior
Fort Aspenwood