Ride the Lightning

Ride the Lightning

in Suggestions

Posted by: Hammerguard.9834

Hammerguard.9834

• Ride the Lightning range decreased from 1200 to 900.
… I still want tengu.

Ride the Lightning

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rizzy.8293

Rizzy.8293

No but do tell us why you think is needed.

Ride the Lightning

in Suggestions

Posted by: rhodoc.2381

rhodoc.2381

Yes nerf this skill 5th times and i quit ele.

[VcY] Velocity – Gargamell

Ride the Lightning

in Suggestions

Posted by: Stoneflesh.8634

Stoneflesh.8634

yeah sure, why not nerf ele even more…

Ride the Lightning

in Suggestions

Posted by: Faux.1937

Faux.1937

IDK about you but in RL when I ride lightning strikes I don’t go 900ft I got more like 3000ft.

SAB or RIOT

Ride the Lightning

in Suggestions

Posted by: SaintSnow.6593

SaintSnow.6593

If such serf is applied, then nerf the warriors greatsword 5. Same skill, same distance, still 15 sec cd. None of that please.

Säïnt

Ride the Lightning

in Suggestions

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

My ele is doing just fine without your nerfs thank you..

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Ride the Lightning

in Suggestions

Posted by: TheOne.6123

TheOne.6123

lol, cry more about 300 range, i’d like to see any other class to have such hp regeneration as ele…

Ride the Lightning

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rizzy.8293

Rizzy.8293

lol, cry more about 300 range, i’d like to see any other class to have such hp regeneration as ele…

2K heals per shout is not enough?

Mmmkay then

Ride the Lightning

in Suggestions

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Warrior? Guardian?

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Ride the Lightning

in Suggestions

Posted by: TheOne.6123

TheOne.6123

Mmmkay then

2k heal per shout? usable every 20 seconds, without healing power they heal for 1,2k max. not many warriors use healing shouts anyway so not a big deal and more than 50% of eles on w3 and like 95% of eles on spvp are using d/d or s/d.

Ride the Lightning

in Suggestions

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

Mmmkay then

more than 50% of eles on w3 and like 95% of eles on spvp are using d/d or s/d.

FACT! Not their fault, staff ele is horrible and the lack of real weapon options ele’s are forced to something like scepter or dagger main and dagger or focus off-hand to be at all efficient. Problem is, they get too efficient in this state and become dominate in any 1v1 due to how many stun breaks/heals/cc/condition removal/(did I mention heals?) they have. Their weapon skill kits are part of the problem but not that big, it’s their traits in arcane and water along with some utility skils that are flat out broken.

Ever see an ele without mistform? Didn’t think so.

Ever see ele spec invest into healing power gear to get those “good heals”? Nah, they don’t need to. The baseline on the traits is magnificent.

Ever see a staff ele? Yeah, on the ground dead usually.

Ele is horrible, they are stuck playing either a kitten aweful build or being too strong. Really need to make a large update on them like they did with engineer. Not nerfs, adjustments.

(For example, base line for healing could be lowered drastically on the traits that heal but increase how much it scales off healing power. Also make RTL affected by cc effects like chill/cripple/fear/stun/daze/etc. It is a dash, should be treated like every other dash in the game.)

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

Ride the Lightning

in Suggestions

Hammerguard.9834

There’s actually many things about Eles that needs to be nerfed but since I don’t play them or know anything about them I can’t get detailed. One thing I do know is that Ride the Lightning can get Eles away from ALOT of dangerous encounters and it’s pretty kittenin ridiculous.

… I still want tengu.

Ride the Lightning

in Suggestions

Hammerguard.9834

Vapor form is also absolutely kitten and the fact that Eles can through portals while in vapor form makes me vomit all over baby kittens.

… I still want tengu.

Ride the Lightning

in Suggestions

Posted by: Catisa.6507

Catisa.6507

d/d ele needs a lot nerfs, ride the lightning distance isn’t one of them.

AR

Ride the Lightning

in Suggestions

Posted by: SwickHobo.5096

SwickHobo.5096

If such serf is applied, then nerf the warriors greatsword 5. Same skill, same distance, still 15 sec cd. None of that please.

RtL isn’t effected by Chill or Cripple, like literally every other rush type skill. a 900 range nerf is generous considering that i can guarantee this skill at some time in the future will be effected by chills/cripples. I’d take the 900 range and shut my trap in a heartbeat on rush.

You better just get over it, its gonna happen a lot in the next to months. Your much to strong in Spvp. Unless anet is fully willing to seperate pvp/wvw/pve nerfs will be a common thing for you.

Ride the Lightning

in Suggestions

Posted by: SaintSnow.6593

SaintSnow.6593

RtL isn’t effected by Chill or Cripple, like literally every other rush type skill. a 900 range nerf is generous considering that i can guarantee this skill at some time in the future will be effected by chills/cripples. I’d take the 900 range and shut my trap in a heartbeat on rush.

You better just get over it, its gonna happen a lot in the next to months. Your much to strong in Spvp. Unless anet is fully willing to seperate pvp/wvw/pve nerfs will be a common thing for you.

I play both ele and warrior and I know that gs 5 can get me out of a situation just like rtl.
On another note, it is extremely doubtful that the ele will receive any nerfs in the upcoming months. If you have a problem subduing them, that’s your own issue. Rtl as well as mist form, can easily be cc’d with immobilize. Instead of nerfs, Anet will put in buffs to other underrated class builds to allow for some other options. Main question is, why the hell has this thread become a rant on nerfing eles. Keep these shenanigans in the elementalist thread-list please.

Säïnt

Ride the Lightning

in Suggestions

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

Because there is only 1 real counter to a good bunker ele. Strict power from a high burst profession. Otherwise, they go invulnerable in rtl or mistform and then burst you down faster than a you can say “whaa….?”.

If mist form and rtl were affected by cripple/chill then I’d be fine but for how effective these 2 skills are and the fact that EVERY ele in pvp uses them is getting annoying and repetitive. I see very few varieties of professions but ele has to be the most blan ever. Ranger probably up there with them tbh but not nearly as bad. Either new weapon selection or adjust 1 of 2 things (not both).

Their survivability (mostly trait related)

or their burst (mostly skill kit related)

They should have to spec in 1 of these to get said build, not get the best of both worlds in that kitten disease build that every ele runs. Good bunker ele will negate any condition build out there except another bunker ele of the same skill but that just ends in a draw most likely. Like I’ve said b4 they are hard to master, I see some horrendous bunker eles. But the good ones are literally unkillable 1v1 once mastered.

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”