Server Selection

Server Selection

in Suggestions

Posted by: twwizzie.3842

twwizzie.3842

Since in Feb we get a patch for WvWvW.

Maybe its time for Anet to suggest to change their server selection.

Instead of EU / NA

WvWvW / PVE / RP

Everyone knows that the T1 servers are fulled with EU / Asian / US people and not only US or EU.
Having in mind that the top servers on EU both have 24h coverage means that they also have people from outside Europe.

I think it would be way more interesting if people could actually choose for an PVP / PVE server.
Your server will be full but not only with PVE players or WvWvW.

Since we have overflow and such it would not be a problem to have it.
And EU and US servers are both hosted in USA so that cant be the problem either.

edit. ( changed PVP to WvWvW… because ppl like to complain about something like that.)

(edited by twwizzie.3842)

Server Selection

in Suggestions

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

A “PVP” server doesn’t make any sense in the context of GW2. There’s no such thing as open-world PVP, and creating such a thing would be a rewrite of the way GW2 works.

Just WvW and sPVP.

Regrettably they have also said that they won’t officially support RP servers. I -really- hope they change their mind on that one, but I’m not too hopeful for it. They’ve been very quiet on the subject.

Server Selection

in Suggestions

Posted by: Straylight.7408

Straylight.7408

What about the people who want to do both? Pvp and Pve? Where do they go?
Making pvp and pve servers makes sense in WoW since you can opt whether you want to be attacked by the enemy faction or not.

Server Selection

in Suggestions

Posted by: twwizzie.3842

twwizzie.3842

What about the people who want to do both? Pvp and Pve? Where do they go?
Making pvp and pve servers makes sense in WoW since you can opt whether you want to be attacked by the enemy faction or not.

Im not talking about no normal maps on the WvW servers.
And i called it PVP because its was easier then WvWvW ..
So you can just go PVE and PVP..