Solution for the Tequatl overflow issues

in Suggestions

Posted by: OptimistPrime.9283

OptimistPrime.9283

As stated by pachex on Reddit , who cannot post this, as they are at work:

“So, I love the new Tequatl fight. In fact, Finally besting the beastie was the best experience I have ever had in this game. That said, I know there are alot of people out there who are frustrated because they have yet to even have a fair shot at downing him. The problem isn’t Tequatl. It’s overflow.

The problem: The overflow system makes it so that coordination is pretty much impossible to achieve for an encounter that demands high levels of coordination. There is pretty much no way to coordinate an overflow via teamspeak, because no one knows which overflow they are in. Also, unless you manage to find a nearly empty overflow, it is nearly impossible to get guild groups on the same overflow. This is why currently your best chance at victory lies in waiting hours and hours to get into a server’s main instance.

The proposed solution: Ala Guild Wars 1, assign numbers to the overflows, and let players switch between them at will. This would solve pretty much every issue with Tequatl minus the AFK. Large guilds would be able to coordinate easier, teamspeak channels would be able to establish easier, and players from different servers would actually stand a decent chance at victory.

Sometimes, the old ways really are the best ways."

Darkhaven’s giant purple cat thief thing

in Suggestions

Posted by: hermescragsniper.2713

hermescragsniper.2713

I would be behind this. Simple and effective.

In fact, even simply numbering overflows would solve some organization issues

Blackgate

in Suggestions

Posted by: OptimistPrime.9283

OptimistPrime.9283

I agree completely. Their idea is incredibly simple, but it would solve so many issues…

Darkhaven’s giant purple cat thief thing

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lianu.1390

Lianu.1390

So true. I had forgotten about how easy it was to get a full party of 12 into the same channel in GW1 to do one of the harder missions or dungeons as a unit. That channel system was fantastic!

in Suggestions

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

GW2 now stands for Guest Wars 2.

The Burninator

in Suggestions

Posted by: pew pew pokes q q.7816

pew pew pokes q q.7816

This is by far the Best idea I’ve seen so far +1 here.

in Suggestions

Posted by: SHM.7628

SHM.7628

While your solution sounds good on the surface, there’s a bigger problem with Teq. The difficulty is so bad that people are having to guest to have a shot at beating him. If you aren’t on a very populated server your chances are basically nill.

Everyone is guesting at Blackgate. so they are overloaded. Every other server doesn’t have enough people. The guesting is just a symptom, the difficulty is the problem. Only having a shot when the server is full to overflow is not practical.

I would like to know what overflow I am in, so I like your idea anway. The AFk is a problem too. (like you said.)