Some great ideas I'd love to share!

in Suggestions

Posted by: kaotiktheory.8942

kaotiktheory.8942

I’ve been thinking of a few things I’d love to see implemented in this game. They range from possibly could happen to highly unlikely to happen. Here they are (thanks in advance for reading my wall of text):

• Exclusivity of gem store items. As it stands gem store vanity purchases are easy to obtain. The thing that makes having unique looking items appealing (such as legendary weapons and T3 armor) is that they are hard/expensive to get and have certain bragging rights associated with them. Gem store items such as mini pets and weapon skins are also unique looking but are too easy to get. Give people an incentive to play the game and achieve something, other than just typing in their credit card details. For example to unlock the new weapon skins you first need to complete the living story. Once you complete the living story you can then unlock the ability to equip those new gem store weapon skins. The same thing can be done with mini pets. For instance you have to kill 200 spiders to unlock the ability to use the spider mini pet. I think this not only lets people spend money on the gem store, but also gives the player a sense of achievement. Two birds. One stone.
  • Dungeons to allow for bigger parties. (between 5 and 8 players so it doesn’t get too crowded). The dungeon then scales in difficulty with the more people you have in it. I don’t like having to turn down friends when I’ve gotten a full party of 5.
  • The option to lower and raise the camera height. Right now the character model is too ‘in the middle of the screen’ and when I look up at things my character and UI is taking up too much screen real estate. Zooming out doesn’t alleviate this problem.
  • The ability to give our characters auras (like in City of Heroes) Changing colours and effects and emanation points (i.e glowing eyes, smokey hands, pulsating lights etc). Imagine the money arenanet could make selling these on the gem store.
  • The ability to change colour of our powers. I know that powers have certain themes (i.e mesmer is purple and guardian is blue), however we’ve been told from the start that this game is all about personalising your character and story… well maybe my Mesmer doesn’t like purple!
  • New hair styles from the self style kits.
  • More armor skin options in the gem store. At the moment there is only 2 armor option available for each type of armor. We need more serious fantasy looks. I’m thinking of things like flowing gowns for light armor, skin tight leather armor and ornate plate armor.
  • Two-toned dyes. Dyes that dye one colour and shine another colour. The midnight colours are a good example where they dye black and shine a slightly red or blue colour. More of these please!
  • New weapons or change certain weapons to be class specific. At the moment too many classes can use a greatsword – they’re everywhere and overused in this game.
  • More design consistency in Legendary Weapons. At the moment some legendary weapons are just plain silly looking, and others are incredibly awesome. Again, greatswords get a lot of love here, yet the pistol gets a weird clown gun that shoots streamers and honks. Ummm that’s not very ‘legendary’. Oh and the mace. A disco ball? Really? It would be great if each weapon had a silly design and serious design to choose from. My asura engineer has been designed to be rather technologically advanced looking character, the legendary pistol will completely break the aesthetic I’m aiming for.
  • No more flame-looking weapons and armor I think the artists in this game are fire-biased! Hahaha! There are A LOT of flame-like weapons in this game. Citadel of Flame weapons, Molten weapons, Destroyer weapons and Flame Legion weapons. I don’t think the other elements are being represented enough in this game and I look forward to seeing them someday!

(edited by kaotiktheory.8942)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Some great ideas, though this will probably get moved to suggestions. Keep up the good work. =)

in Suggestions

kaotiktheory.8942

Ah too late. Already moved… Oh well… it was nice knowing you thread… You’ll never be looked at now

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zeefa.3915

Zeefa.3915

- Dunno… maybe… maybe not.
- Perhaps, might be worth considering in future dungeons.
- Sure
- No
- No
- New hairstyles? Would love that, for all races.
- Rather armor was not gemstore items (besides a few perhaps) rather they added it in, to be gotten from somewhere else in the world (maybe in new dungeons or such)
- Sounds interesting, count me in.
- Although I agree that greatswords seem to be overloved, I don’t think taking it away from any of the classes is gonna go well. Adding new weapons? Sure… I would love a whip for my ranger.
- Well… again since the favortism goes to greatswords with 3 skins, instead of just 1 like everyone else… then yes add more lengendaries. Night/fall/winterish themed longbow pls.
- Totally agree on this.. way too many flame weapons… they are there, fine, now make something else.

Life doesn’t stop being funny just because the dead can’t laugh.

in Suggestions

kaotiktheory.8942

Looks like my ideas have been lost and forgotten.

bump because I want others to see take notice

in Suggestions

Posted by: Run Away PLZ.7639

Run Away PLZ.7639

I agree on the inconsistency of the legendary weapons and would be better if they had a serious skin and a humorous skin.

I agree with you on two tone dyes but for the aura I think dyes with effects or more armor variety in effects would be nice. Right now as you pointed out fire is your only choice.

More camera customization is always nice and so are new hair styles.

I just hope they add more new skills after they are done with tinkering with the balance of the current ones and more weapon skills would be nice to be able to slightly customize the way your longbow plays compared to others of your same class granted most people would take mostly the same I’d say make em situational. Like be able to replace barrage ranger long bow skill number 5 with an instead focused non-AoE attack

in Suggestions

kaotiktheory.8942

That’s a pretty good idea too. Being able to customise weapon skills. Maybe in the way that utility skills can be slotted.

I love the customisation this would allow. Although I would imagine it to be hard to balance.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Belias.2147

Belias.2147

Dungeons to allow for bigger parties – agree
The option to lower and raise the camera height – great!

in Suggestions

Posted by: warllockmaster.1379

warllockmaster.1379

I agree with everything-apart from bigger dungeons.
I like it as it is now a days.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Onshidesigns.1069

Onshidesigns.1069

“No more flame-looking weapons”
I would agree with no more red/yellow flame weapons if not for the RNG in BLC’s.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Redbear.5910

Redbear.5910

I would be happy if RNG would be killed off ASAP (wont happen i know)
And the world dragons would be a challange and dont wait for their death. instead. So much hard work into those dragons and then it wont feel epic if you kill it.
More dungeons besides the 8 we running plus fractals.
I dont count F&F because its gone now.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Run Away PLZ.7639

Run Away PLZ.7639

Keep the skills under their slotted restrictions most of the higher numbered ones have longer cool downs.

Also would like to see a return of Nicholas the Traveler as well as collectors granted seems like they kinda replaced collectors with karma although the 2 are completely different besides being a manner of currency.

in Suggestions

Posted by: stale.9785

stale.9785

The option to lower and raise the camera height. Right now the character model is too ‘in the middle of the screen’ and when I look up at things my character and UI is taking up too much screen real estate. Zooming out doesn’t alleviate this problem.

Only bit i’m interested in. But we need this. This is the only game I’ve ever played where the character’s feet sit centre screen. They should be right above the bloody skill bar.

in Suggestions

kaotiktheory.8942

Thanks for all the feedback guys. I really appreciate it

in Suggestions

kaotiktheory.8942

Made some suggestion changes to the above list.

in Suggestions

Posted by: pumpkinlykos.6954

pumpkinlykos.6954

• New hair styles from the self style kits.
  • Two-toned dyes. Dyes that dye one colour and shine another colour. The midnight colours are a good example where they dye black and shine a slightly red or blue colour. More of these please!
  • No more flame-looking weapons and armor I think the artists in this game are fire-biased! Hahaha! There are A LOT of flame-like weapons in this game. Citadel of Flame weapons, Molten weapons, Destroyer weapons and Flame Legion weapons. I don’t think the other elements are being represented enough in this game and I look forward to seeing them someday!

Great suggestions!!! Especially the above!!!!!! I would love some more hairstyles. I would PAY for them.