Stop with the bikini armor

in Suggestions

Posted by: Aerlen.5326

Aerlen.5326

I know the whole deal with MMOs is to appeal to the “male gaze” but GW2 has a pretty large female player base too. That said – can you please knock off the skimpy armor? I understand one or two sets but this (http://dulfy.net/2012/08/11/skimpy-armors-in-gw2a-list/) is 100% ridiculous – I was incredibly disappointed when I looked at the female heavy Vigil armor and found it to be a joke while the male version was fully covering and looked great. Same with a good number of medium armors. I can get the Norn and Sylvari cultural armors for both females and males being a bit skimpy but humans too? Why? What sense does it make for a woman to run around with her thighs exposed and cleavage popping out while her male cohorts are wholly armored? Why is the T3 medium armor top just a scrap of material while the male isn’t exposing any skin on his chest at all?

Please either give female characters some wholly covering, flattering armor, or start making armor that leaves the male characters looking like eye candy too. And for the love of the Six, fix the Vigil armor.

~Tarnished Coast Pride~

Forever known as “that slow guardian who can’t jump worth crap”.

in Suggestions

Posted by: LeeroyNimoy.1864

LeeroyNimoy.1864

A lot of those aren’t all that skimpy, compared to other MMOs or even to other armors in the game. In fact, my fiance happen to like the more revealing armor sets. She spent a lot of time creating her character and wants to show them off, lol.

Ability is what you can do; Motivation is how much you do; Attitude is how well you do it.
My idea compilation thread:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Seven-ideas-in-one-post/first#post3038023

in Suggestions

Posted by: thrice.9184

thrice.9184

A lot of those aren’t all that skimpy, compared to other MMOs or even to other armors in the game.

Agreed.

Really some of those armors are not skimpy – I think whoever did that on dulfy went along the lines with anything that show’s skin, Even some of the male armors leave much to the imagination.

I get your point, and the thing is Sex sells. Mostly males play MMORPG’s like this…What do men like in general? Women.

Human males/Norn male’s do not look alike.

Norn females should not look like human females but guess what? They do. Why? The voluptuous huge bodies sell.

Women with too much muscle turn most people off. (I’m the exception) Most guys don’t want to look at other guys.

Everyone relys on the physical traits of the opposite sex, males are just more open about it than females are.

There are alot of armors available that cover everything is that’s your shtick’.
You can even mix and match alot of them as well….

Ranger put into Retirement due to Anet Abuse.
9/3/13 rip

(edited by thrice.9184)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Onshidesigns.1069

Onshidesigns.1069

The armor in this game could be a little bit skimpy and still be less skimpy then other MMO’s.

I don’t see a problem with the armor. Any skin not covered by a bikini is perfectly fine to expose on armor. Still waiting Anet, for the Southsun bikini underwear.

You ideas of what is nudity are considered extremist by many.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

Enter the Mists. Go to PvP Locker. Sift through the sets. There are a LOT of sets. Many of them are skimpy. Despite that, most of my female characters are modestly dressed. I will admit that one is Charr and one is Asura, but the are still entirely covered where it matters.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

in Suggestions

Posted by: LeeroyNimoy.1864

LeeroyNimoy.1864

Charr in skimpy armor . . . somebody into furries?

Ability is what you can do; Motivation is how much you do; Attitude is how well you do it.
My idea compilation thread:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Seven-ideas-in-one-post/first#post3038023

in Suggestions

Posted by: Adine.2184

Adine.2184

Honestly even if you were mix and match the skimpiest of light armor sets in GW2 it still wouldn’t be that bad compared to other MMOs out there .

in Suggestions

Posted by: CattivoUomo.7198

CattivoUomo.7198

I must point out that while the armor may be intended to attract the male audience, women are far more responsible for how the societies of many nations portray women as sexual objects. It was primarily women who fought, and who still fight to this day to have the freedom to wear anything they want. Woman didn’t want to always have to wear fully covering dresses with veils, so they fought to make those dresses shorter and shorter. They didn’t want to be forced to wear stockings, so they fought for that right, and they won that right. They fought to have the right to wear mini skirts, 2 piece bathing suits, followed then by even more revealing bikinis up to even dental floss g-string bathing suits that leave nothing to the imagination. Men may not have fought very hard against it and may have even been part of fighting for it, but women hold far more blame than men do for fighting for their own freedom to wear skimpy outfits. So it should not be a surprise or even an offense to see that game developers reflect that social trend and the freedom that woman fought so hard to attain. My point here is, please don’t make it seem like the female player base is wholly united against skimpy armor because I think you may be surprised that it probably isn’t true. I certainly don’t have the statics for this game, but somehow I seriously believe you are most likely in the extreme minority of players, both male and female, who would fight for less skimpy armor. If that happens to be the case, then I doubt this suggestion would be given much attention when there are far better suggestions to address that actually relate to improving the playability of the game beyond what it is now.

in Suggestions

Posted by: AivenPrimus.9184

AivenPrimus.9184

It is Light Armor, … you want female mages to wear heavy plate armor ?

Most medium armor covers … most of female body.

Yes, some Heavy armor like Gladiator Set <3 and Barbaric? Reveal a lot of female skin, so what.
Nobody forces to wear such armor, there are plenty of ’’normal’’ armor.
Use Transmutation Stones for once.
—————————————————————————————————
Try atleast combine Real Life Logic with GW2

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mindy Mcreedy.3486

Mindy Mcreedy.3486

Personally I would welcome some more variety in the medium armors. Most of them are trenchcoat style with the exception of like 2 that happen to be somewhat “skimpy.” I use that term loosely in keeping with the thread. I think a more appropriate way to think of this would be suggesting they add some armor skins that are more feminine. It doesn’t have to show skin to look good and like wise it doesn’t have to look bulky and awkward to hide it.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mel.8769

Mel.8769

I must point out that while the armor may be intended to attract the male audience, women are far more responsible for how the societies of many nations portray women as sexual objects. It was primarily women who fought, and who still fight to this day to have the freedom to wear anything they want. Woman didn’t want to always have to wear fully covering dresses with veils, so they fought to make those dresses shorter and shorter. They didn’t want to be forced to wear stockings, so they fought for that right, and they won that right. They fought to have the right to wear mini skirts, 2 piece bathing suits, followed then by even more revealing bikinis up to even dental floss g-string bathing suits that leave nothing to the imagination. Men may not have fought very hard against it and may have even been part of fighting for it, but women hold far more blame than men do for fighting for their own freedom to wear skimpy outfits. So it should not be a surprise or even an offense to see that game developers reflect that social trend and the freedom that woman fought so hard to attain. My point here is, please don’t make it seem like the female player base is wholly united against skimpy armor because I think you may be surprised that it probably isn’t true. I certainly don’t have the statics for this game, but somehow I seriously believe you are most likely in the extreme minority of players, both male and female, who would fight for less skimpy armor. If that happens to be the case, then I doubt this suggestion would be given much attention when there are far better suggestions to address that actually relate to improving the playability of the game beyond what it is now.

I’m female and consider myself a feminist, and I have absolutely no problem with the skimpy armor.

If someone doesn’t like the look of a specific armor, but likes the stats use transmutes to get the look you want.

Common sense is a flower that doesn’t grow in everyone’s garden. -Unknown

in Suggestions

Posted by: Gabby.3205

Gabby.3205

It is Light Armor, … you want female mages to wear heavy plate armor ?

To be honest, I want my female mesmer to wear a long dress or a robe.
My sylvari elementalist wears TA armor, but I really wanted a long skirt for my human mesmer that was not made of foliage, open on the front or with pants underneath. I’m good with the tops. Most of them are pretty and could make nice dresses with the right skirt (that does not exist at the moment, imo). For now, I’m wearing cultural tier 2, but I really hate the pants.

PS.: I have no problem with skimpy armor. It just doesn’t fit my characters, so I avoid it. I used skimpy armor on my silvari for a while, before getting the TA set, because I love the bioluminescence so much.

Tarnished Coast
Astrid Strongheart, Norn Ranger.
“I wish juvenile wolves were bigger”

(edited by Gabby.3205)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Romo.3709

Romo.3709

I know the whole deal with MMOs is to appeal to the “male gaze” but GW2 has a pretty large female player base too. That said – can you please knock off the skimpy armor? I understand one or two sets but this (http://dulfy.net/2012/08/11/skimpy-armors-in-gw2a-list/) is 100% ridiculous.

Name 2 “skimpy” heavy armors. There is incredibly small amount of those compared to light and medium. As the matter of fact, Male Heavy Armor have more options to be “skimpy” than Females…

in Suggestions

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

…Barbaric and gladiator? I feel like “Name 2 ‘skimpy’ heavy armors” is a trick question somehow, considering Aerlen posted a link to a list of skimpy armor.

Having said that, on the whole I’m not that bothered by the armor situation in GW2. There are plenty I look at and think, “Yeah, that’s stupid,” but I also think that there’s a healthy amount of non-skimpy armor. It’s not always realistic or sensible, but it’s a fantasy world, not historical fiction, and crazy costumes are as much a part of the suspension of disbelief as my flaming sword or my ability to swim in full-plate armor.

I’d prefer more gender-symmetry between armor (see: Trickster Armor, Phalanx Armor,) but I’m generally not too bothered by the level of it. Maybe I’ve just seen so much worse in other places that GW2 seems fairly mild by comparison.

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

in Suggestions

Posted by: bluestocking.6148

bluestocking.6148

I think “variety” is the word we’re looking for. I think ridiculously skimpy female armor is hilarious, but if you’re not looking to giggle at your character’s ludicrous miniskirt-of-straps there should be other options.

And this goes for both genders; I’ve seen at least 3 threads where the guys are requesting a toggle to hide their chest piece so they can go shirtless.

I am destruction itself. I also bake cookies.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ghostwolf.9863

Ghostwolf.9863

I agree that not everyone likes the skimpy armor, but I feel pretty certain that there are just as many percentages of females playing this game who prefers skimpy armor as there are males preferring it, there are even female players going with the most skimpy armor they can find, because they find it cool and appealing.

I’d say they should make more cooler non-skimpy armor, but leave the skimpy ones, because removing/changing the skimpy ones would be like removing/changing one of the cooler plate armors for male characters and would limit their options on what to wear.

And I’ll end my post with a question that comes to my mind a lot.
Who’s worse? The female who wears or the male who stares?

Thief, Engineer, Mesmer – Seafarer’s Rest (EU)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Gray.1704

Gray.1704

Some people like to look intimidating and some people prefer to look attractive. There are people out there who certainly prefer skimpy attire, but there are an equal amount of people who want to look like they’re more interested in packing a punch than seducing you to death.

I know that new Heavy Armor that appeared in the gem store is such a variation from the Male version that a lot of the women I know were insulted by it. The male is completely covered and has a kick kitten helmet, but then the females get an open helmet that bears a close resemblance to that helmet of light you get at 9k achievement points, and then a skirt that’s so skimpy that the bottom of your butt appears out of it. I’m sorry, but is this -really- how you think a female warrior / guardian would want to look in combat? Don’t you think that someone who’s on the front lines risking their lives would want to have the ultimate protection and not something that makes them look like they’ve just crawled out of bed with their lover?

I’m a male and even I find the female armor choices insulting a lot of the time. I know that Arena Net wants there to be armor to act as eye candy, but why can’t there be a common ground? Why can’t female players using female models have the option to make their characters look intimidating instead of… insert bad word depicting the skimpiness.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sickle.6502

Sickle.6502

The fact that players in the game all have different views and opinions of what is satisfactory and what is not, is where the divide is, and personally, I enjoy the nature of light armour, it’s nothing more than clothing, and women DO wear skimpy or tight clothing.

I wouldn’t say the game is catered for the male populace, when many females want to use this game, to make themselves feel good about themselves too. It’s a bit prudish to think otherwise really, and so I say keep the armour as it is.

in Suggestions

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

i do wonder, what do ppl considerer armor “skimpy”?
if it’s just because the show skin then you can’t even play a character without a helmet, if it’s because it looks quite sexy then you’re confusing sexy with skimpy.
this is skimpy armor:
http://img5.mmo.mmo4arab.com/news/2011/01/31/tera/castanic_01.jpg
this is sexy armor:
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130411081809/tera/images/thumb/c/ce/Ceremonial_Robe_Template_%28Female_High_Elf%29_%28Front%29.png/274px-Ceremonial_Robe_Template_%28Female_High_Elf%29_%28Front%29.png
do you see the difference?
just because there is skin doesn’t make it skimpy, it just makes it sexy.
then again, GW2 has some skimpy armors but absolutely no sexy armor, not even a tiny bit.

i encourage adding sexy armor, i don’t really like skimpy but i do like to have a character that simply looks sexy.

in Suggestions

Sickle.6502

Sexy and skimpy for most people are normally linked my friend.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Undeadkemea.4865

Undeadkemea.4865

I’m fine with the ‘sexy’ armors. Sure big breasts and all that sells. I just don’t like seeing nearly naked female whateverclass. I myself am a guy and from a roleplaying perspective cannot play a female due to my own gender hindering my imagination. I simply cannot roleplay a girl. As such I only have male characters.

I am probably one of the few who gets a big turnoff from playing girls and (un)dressing them with skimpy/sexy armor. Maybe a lot of guys secretly wish to be a girl, hmm? :P

in Suggestions

sorudo.9054

that’s because most ppl don’t realize the difference, it’s the few who do who need to teach ppl the difference.

in Suggestions

Sickle.6502

Light armour is nothing more than some padding on normal every day clothing.

In fact, calling it light ARMOUR, is a joke to it’s name.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Blackmoon.6837

Blackmoon.6837

There should be revealing armor for all sets. We should have cover-ups for all sets. We should have designs that fit inbetween.

More options = more happy people.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Adine.2184

Adine.2184

Not really . Some of the greatest sex symbols rarely wore skimpy cloths . More often than not i link skimpy with street walkers not sexy .

in Suggestions

Posted by: Romo.3709

Romo.3709

There should be revealing armor for all sets. We should have cover-ups for all sets. We should have designs that fit inbetween.

More options = more happy people.

It would be logical. But the thing is people will complain regardless of the amount of types of armors available. I mean this post alone complains about skimpy heavy armors when skimpy:full ratio is ridiculously low. I mean we have roughly 3-4 full coverage armors for every “revealing” one, yet the OP still complains. And the “revealing” armors are not so revealing at all compared to what other classes have to offer. So regardless where this is going, nobody will ever be satisfied. Some people want more revealing armors and some people want more coverage. The only thing that’s true is that “More options = more happy people.” So Anet, please keep making more armors!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Seven Star Stalker.1740

Seven Star Stalker.1740

I found a lot of the pieces on the dulfy page not very skimpy x:

Keep in mind, skimpy armor is subjective to the way one views it.

I ? Karkas.

in Suggestions

Posted by: diamondgirl.6315

diamondgirl.6315

Honestly even if you were mix and match the skimpiest of light armor sets in GW2 it still wouldn’t be that bad compared to other MMOs out there .

So? ’It’s not as bad as it could be?’ How about let’s make it way better?

I would also like some less bikini-ey armor. Not all, but some. Not ugly, just a little less ‘I want a sucking chest wound,’ or ‘here are my panties!’

I know this team has the imagination to make beautiful, functional-looking armor sets. A couple more would be great.

in Suggestions

Posted by: slurpey.6014

slurpey.6014

I guess you never played anything else or you would know that GW2 has not one armor type/design that’s declared skimpy. If you want none skimpy try Charr or Asura or there’s always the option of male character.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Babychoochoo.5690

Babychoochoo.5690

Medium armor wearers would kill for skimpy/sexy/bikini/whateveryouwanttocallitbecauseitdoesntfreakingmatter armor. Our choices are tenchcoats or duelist. That’s it. Well, there’s racial armor too I guess.

in Suggestions

Sickle.6502

Not really . Some of the greatest sex symbols rarely wore skimpy cloths . More often than not i link skimpy with street walkers not sexy .

That’s your opinion, but like I said, many people link the two together, you just happen to be one of those who do not.

in Suggestions

Sickle.6502

I quite like many of the crafted armour sets.

Prowler, Swindler, Guild, Temple, Rascal, Emblazoned, Named – These to me look great!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Slion.9364

Slion.9364

I can understand your point of view!
But i would never suggest to delete any armor…
What if, because of you my Sliona from the Sun gets her pit fighter breastplate removed with something she cant even breathe in? ^^

I am open for New Armor, like Ascended Armors or even Legendary Armors with effects(please introduce armor with fire effects like volcanus has ).

Sliona From The Sun | Lvl 80 Glass Cannon Pve Warrior living on Underworld

in Suggestions

Posted by: warllockmaster.1379

warllockmaster.1379

In regards to the op clearly understanding frustrations I have the following few things to say.
1. Light armors are kitten skimpy most of the times on females, this is a fact and it sometimes bothers me greatly.
2. But I have seen none of these so-called bikini armors;( But I understand the picture still.
3. As for Medium yes please less tench-coats! Also please makes the pvp set stalwart accessable in pve, I use for pvp on my engineer and I would love to have it for pve too

in Suggestions

Posted by: tom.7468

tom.7468

I would like to see less armor with skirts for male! especially heavy armor I’m stuck with hall of monument armor because its one of the few who actually looks manly.
Seriously look at Human male heavy armor Im a man let me dress like one.

in Suggestions

Posted by: HELLruler.4820

HELLruler.4820

I have a suggestion since we are on the suggestion forums: check some female armors TERA, Scarlet Blade and others have
Then come back here and tell us what you think of GW2

in Suggestions

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

As long as this is about providing more options, and not motivated by taking away options from other people, then I can get behind your message.

Changing existing things is dangerous because people that are wearing it are, presumably, wearing it because they like it. People that aren’t wearing it are, presumably, not wearing it (and some would wear it if it were something else).

Would it make more sense to build the ‘something else’ in such a way as to not disrupt those that bought and crafted specific pieces of armor because they enjoyed it the way that it was?

Food for thought.

But yes, if this is about ‘more’ options and choices, and not about dictating what is available by removing other options and choices, then I can get behind that.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Shinoobi.1259

Shinoobi.1259

I gender swapped my elementalist from norn female to norn male, because I couldn’t stand that almost all of the armor options were really kitteny. Light armor doesn’t mean almost no armor or dresses that show a little muff with sleeveless and stomachless shirts. I thought the armors themselves weren’t “ugly” or “unfashionable”, but I would like the choice not to dress like that if I can, but the overwhelming majority of light armors at level 80 are very, very revealing.

I guess people are drawn to naked females with giant dragon wings and glowing swords. My opinion on this whole subject may be different if I got to see some male characters in the same array of clothing.

So now six of my seven character slots are male with the exception being an Asuran female who looks pretty dashing in her medium armor(which actually looks like armor).

So Butter So Fly – Mesmer
Bossy B – Elementalist
Pocket Rot- Necro

in Suggestions

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

How is a norn supposed to show off their scars and tattos without skimpy armors?

I don’t ind skimpy armors. The only thing I don’t like of GW2’s armors is how often male and female ones do not match each other. For some sets, you can’t tell they are the same set even if you put them next to each other.

Look, for example, at cabalist armor. The female version looks like a frilly dress, the male version like a rugged cabalist attire.
There should be both male and female frilly and rugged versions.

If you make the male have long sleeves and a skirt completely covering the legs, you make the male the same.
If you make the female one show her back and arms and legs, you do the same for males.
If you make a variation for the female, you also make an alternate version of that for males, and give females an alternate version of the original.

For example, with the feathered armor:

• There should be a female version of the torso with the metal pieces and a covered back, and a male version of the torso with a more feathered look with the triangle spikes like the female bra, open sleeves and uncovered back.
  • There should also be and a male version of the legs with the skirt open in the front ad shorts, showing the legs, and a female version of the legs closed at the front like the males.
  • And also there should be a male version of the headgear that is just a hair ornament, and a female version that is a hood.
    And, of course, charr and asura should get them too.

In that, the Saint Row series, as silly as it is, does a better job, although taking it a bit to the extreme.
If I want to go around punching ganbangers and aliens as a male in a kittentail dress, I can. If I want to go around blowing up police cars and ambulances as a female dressed in a shirtless luchador attire, I can.

I’m not asking for that, but at least make sets look the same for both genders as much as possible, and if you do make variations, make also versions for both genders with those variations.

There’s still some armors that do look like the same set, such as the nobleman set from Caudecus Manor. It should be like that for all, not for some.

I have a suggestion since we are on the suggestion forums: check some female armors TERA, Scarlet Blade and others have
Then come back here and tell us what you think of GW2

Scarlet Blade’s case is hilarious.

I checked the site, and it seems they only have female characters. The classes page features the bust, waist and hips sizes of the characters as if it was some sort of gravure idol magazine, XD.

They seem to have taken “selling boobs” to five or six levels after “the next level”.

But those things never last for long. They get some juvenile kids and a few pervy adults for some time and then the game goes down.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

(edited by MithranArkanere.8957)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Babychoochoo.5690

Babychoochoo.5690

The more I read all these threads, the more I’m convinced that allowing any class to transmute any armor (Obviously, just the skin and not the stats…) would be the easiest fix for a lot of complaints.

A lot of the things people want in regards to armor are literally already available, but are locked behind a different armor type. Rather than making players wait an eternity for new sets to be added in-game (or, ugh, the gem store), I feel like ANet could make this a possibility and instantly make a lot of people happy. I obviously can’t speak for everyone, but it certainly solve my own personal issue.

(edited by Babychoochoo.5690)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Upham.6137

Upham.6137

+1 for more male skimpy armor, I wanna see that hairy chest.

Bläck Dähliä

in Suggestions

Posted by: MastaNeenja.1537

MastaNeenja.1537

Actually I don’t get this at all, there’s plenty of non skimpy heavy and light armor available. Sadly medium does seem to be regulated to mostly long coats, so i won’t be touching on medium armor since most of it covers up fairly well there are exceptions but these are slim pickings.

The crafted draconic armor while tight fitting on both male and female chests doesn’t show an inch of skin below the neck line.

The first two dungeons armors AC and CM are also not skimpy. I quite like like both of the heavies and once again for those two show no skin below the neck line. Same could be said for the light armor from these two dungeons as well, very conservative though if you look hard enough you may see a little thigh on the CM light mmm saucy!

SE and COF are also non skimpy so i do believe that’s about half the dungeon armor right there that is not skimpy. These are level 80 exotic armors that come in a variety of stats so the skimpy armor argument doesn’t really have much to stand on in my opinion. If one doesn’t like how any of those 4 different sets of armor look then that’s a completely different argument that’s left up to personal tastes. There’s also lower level craftable armor that looks more practical that covers the player in a conservative manner, chain, Scale and Steel splint come to mind. Some of the light craftable also looks reasonable but their names escape me. I know the first crafted set is very I Dream of Genie but there are others.

Let’s move on to cultural armor shall we? First off its cultural armor and if you examine Norn culture for starters you’ll know that it’s in their culture to run around half naked, apparently the generate a lot of body heat. Even so Tier 1 Norn heavy is very conservative, Tier 2 and 3 not so much, but there is an option available. The Tier 3 light looks pretty reasonable too Tier 1 and 2 a little skimpy but again Norns get hot so there’s at least some kind of an explanation for that

Human cultural armor… Well the heavy armor covers a lot of skin anyway. The Tier 1 light does as well Tier 2 a little skimpy and Tier 3 … well that just caters to the other end of the spectrum, it’s silly skimpy no denying it. But there is at least one conservative option there.

The point i’m trying to make is that this game offers plenty of options for both the conservative and skimp crowd. What you mostly see are players running around in skimpy armor because that’s what most people like.

Source: http://dulfy.net/2012/07/21/gw2-armor-previews/#1

I’d like to point out that dulfy’s light armor for human tier 2 is actually showing the AC armor instead so here it is on the wiki

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Human_cultural_armor/Light

in Suggestions

sorudo.9054

what we really need are armors that doesn’t look quite the same, to me when i look at light armor i only have a few armor choices before i look like a painting like the rest of the bunch.
medium is…well, quite boring except for some armors, i like the dualist armor and T3 human but that’s pretty much all, even among the trench coats all i see is to much fluf and not a simple trench coat that fit’s a bounty hunter. (playing engineer without kits)
heavy is ether exposed but boring or a can, the only heavy armor i like is the T3 norn and T2 norn, the rest is quite meh.

what i love about GW1 armor is that you have plenty of variation even within a profession, i can have a long skirt as necro with leather bindings for my wrist or have spikes coming from my arms and a short skirt with a net legging under it.
in GW2 i don’t even have the simple stuff, it’s just the same boring set, most even look like simple reskins.

in Suggestions

Posted by: bluestocking.6148

bluestocking.6148

In that, the Saint Row series, as silly as it is, does a better job, although taking it a bit to the extreme.
If I want to go around punching ganbangers and aliens as a male in a kittentail dress, I can. If I want to go around blowing up police cars and ambulances as a female dressed in a shirtless luchador attire, I can.

I absolutely adore this about the SR series. All options available regardless of gender. You want a lush beard on your female character? Go for it! In SR4, my husband picked a female template at the start, and then changed his mind and made her male. But it doesn’t let you change the default outfit right at the start, so his big bald burly guy was in a purple skirt suit and pearls for the first 15 minutes of the game.

I am destruction itself. I also bake cookies.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Oda Nobunaga.2395

Oda Nobunaga.2395

This topic has been discussed time and time again… You want your avatar in a burqa, go right ahead, but do not force it on others. Don’t like it, don’t wear it.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kentaine.4692

Kentaine.4692

I agree with one point the OP made.

Give full coverage, FLATTERING, armor as an option. I miss warrior Canthan Elite from GW1, full coverage AND designed around my body instead of a steel tube. What I was hoping for my guardian, but decided I didn’t like any of the full coverage heavy. But I do lean towards the skimpy side, and Medium is SEVERELY lacking for humans, they only have T3 and the exotic ninja-esque.

I guess the other gripe is that to transmute level 80 armor, you basically NEED gems to do it. I think the regular trans stones should have been able to do this, then I wouldn’t have 250 for no reason other than to destroy every time I get a stack.

(edited by Kentaine.4692)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Eikonoklaste.5617

Eikonoklaste.5617

OP, I think our definitions of “skimpy” are entirely different. Simply because something shows skin doesn’t mean it’s skimpy, not in a sexual context at least. More importantly, I think if you want to get up in arms about gender equality then you should take note of how many armors are “skimpy” on both genders. The majority of the armors in game show a bare chest on both males AND females and, frankly, that’s how it should be if we want the over sexualized character models to be equal.

The only armor that I could concede to your point is the Phalanx armor bought off the gem store. It looks completely different on males in comparison to females; Men get a suit of regal armor and women get, what, a mini skirt and thigh highs? It’s an awesome armor which I use on characters of both genders but isn’t, in any way, equal.

Lastly, I play with a large group of both male and female players and the split for who dresses their characters in bikinis is even so please, for the love of truth and progress, STOP blaming men for the trend in MMOs. This is a different age where we all enjoy the aesthetically pleasing human form, regardless of gender or sexual orientation.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Silhouette.5631

Silhouette.5631

Its the chainmail bikini effect, the skimpier it is the more magical protection it gives you.

Ok in all seriousness, if theres gona be skimpy armor, fine, but shouldnt there be some for the males to? I mean comon, its ok as long as theres not a double standard but right now….ya there’s a double standard

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

I think skimpy armor damages my suspension of disbelief in the world of Tyria, just like Quaggan Backpacks do. I wish they would take their world a little more serious, and make all armor practical (as in, it actually provides protection to more than just the female naughty bits).

Then again, they also have a weapon that fires unicorns, so I won’t get my hopes up.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zeefa.3915

Zeefa.3915

Its the wrong game to complain about too many skimpy armor sets. Most of those sets are not even that skimpy and hardly “battle bikinis” at all.
Then there are lots of non skimpy sets too.
Actually playing a medium armor user which is not human or norn there is exactly 1 set I think goes into that category… 1, maybe stretch it to 2 but thats it.
And I desperately want something better for my sylvari ranger.

And don’t make it sound like all girls are against skimpy armor, Im a girl too and I like it on some of my toons.

I would hate if they completely removed all “skimpiness” tbh infact I would love them to add more options for med armor at least.

More variety for all… more skimpy for males and females, more modest, more stylist more of everything for all. But don’t you dare remove any option completely.

Life doesn’t stop being funny just because the dead can’t laugh.