Thieves Are Ruining WvW

Thieves Are Ruining WvW

in Suggestions

Posted by: mypupdaisy.8126

mypupdaisy.8126

Invisibility sucks for everyone except Thieves. It is NOT fun trying to go or play anywhere in the maps when Thieves pop out of no where, hit you a few times and disappear, then pop in someplace else and you can’t track them and have almost no cool down. I’m sure all Thieves will argue this, but WvW isn’t ONLY for Thieves. If that’s all you want it for, then remove all other classes and everyone can run around invisible. I loved WvW, but with all the Thieves running around, it just sucks. Don’t tell me how you can easily kill a Thieve as a Guardian... you can if you are level 80, but WvW is open for all levels and the only way you can kill a Thief shouldn’t be ONLY if your level 80 or in a group. It’s a unbalanced class. If your going to leave them in and allow almost no cool down while invisible, then give other classes the ability to kill them in a couple hits also. This sucks. Thanks for nurfing WvW for everyone else but the Thieves.

Thieves Are Ruining WvW

in Suggestions

Posted by: mypupdaisy.8126

mypupdaisy.8126

BTW – Don’t tell me if I don’t like it become a Thief yourself. I don’t want to be a Thief and you shouldn’t have to be one just to play WvW. You can’t even freakin get from your spawn base to others because they sit out there waiting for a lone person and then 2 or three jump you. It really sucks.

Thieves Are Ruining WvW

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jrunyon.3012

Jrunyon.3012

then give other classes the ability to kill them in a couple hits also.

It is like that already. Any thief that you can’t kill in a few hits isn’t doing any damage anyways.

This sounds like a L2P issue and this also isn’t the proper forum, group it in with the hundreds of other posts in the thief subforum that don’t understand how thieves work and how to counter them.

Nesmee – Thief
[OHai] – Northern Shiverpeaks

Thieves Are Ruining WvW

in Suggestions

Posted by: SoPP.7034

SoPP.7034

The Thief discussion has been ongoing, ArenaNet have really mismanaged the thief Full-stop.

Stealth is a mechanic that has rarely worked in any MMO. ArenaNet really needs to implement more counters to this. Considering the rendering issues in WvW thief’s using stealth has become a ridiculous farce.

Read this thread to see just how far:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/Thief-s-Speed-Hacking/first#post1403137

A warrior, a guardian, and an elementalist walk into an open field…
The Warrior turns to the guardian and says, “Did you hear something?”
Guardian replies, “No, but how’d the elementalist die?”

Thieves Are Ruining WvW

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kagato.4061

Kagato.4061

BTW – Don’t tell me if I don’t like it become a Thief yourself. I don’t want to be a Thief and you shouldn’t have to be one just to play WvW. You can’t even freakin get from your spawn base to others because they sit out there waiting for a lone person and then 2 or three jump you. It really sucks.

Generally people say that so you’ll know how to play a thief, and then know how to counter one. Having played a thief to 80 and doing some pvp as one, I’m at least aware of how a thief likes to run around the player and I know the exact lengths of stealth – give or take a second or two due to culling. Yeah, a D/D burst thief sucks, but so does going up against any burst build sub-80, considering you don’t have the optimal stats or gear to even handle a level 80 player, you will die pretty quick without a group.

Just make sure you have the right traits to get away from a thief if they do get behind you – a teleport, something to make you invulnerable for a few seconds, ANYTHING so that they’ll blow their haste (if they use it) and waste all their initiative fruitlessly. The most important thing to have is a good reaction time, because the moment the thief appears behind you, you have about a second to react before you’re either burst to a downed state, or near death.

Thieves Are Ruining WvW

in Suggestions

SoPP.7034

The most important thing to have is a good reaction time, because the moment the thief appears behind you, you have about a second to react before you’re either burst to a downed state, or near death.

That’s one of the frustrating aspects of thief encounters to. Heaven forbid you sneeze or need to scratch your kitten at that exact moment, but thats just part of the game.

There needs to be counters in place other than just AoE everywhere! Some kind of stealth detection skills.

Thieves Are Ruining WvW

in Suggestions

Posted by: ToxicDerpsAlot.6428

ToxicDerpsAlot.6428

Soo are you preposing to remove the thief class?

Venon Runeblade-Thief-[RE]-Rethesis-Kaineng

Thieves Are Ruining WvW

in Suggestions

Posted by: DreamOfACure.4382

DreamOfACure.4382

I think you should all wait for the culling to be fixed before you complain about thieves.

The culling is what’s really driving all that hate. For all we know, stealth without the culling problem is perfectly balanced; there is a reveal-debuff between stealth, last I checked.

“Bleeding, Poison, Confusion, Torment, they all look delightful on you.”

Lv80s: Guard, Thief, Necro. Renewed my Altaholic’s card on the HoT Hype-Train. Choo choo~

Thieves Are Ruining WvW

in Suggestions

SoPP.7034

I think you should all wait for the culling to be fixed before you complain about thieves.

The culling is what’s really driving all that hate. For all we know, stealth without the culling problem is perfectly balanced; there is a reveal-debuff between stealth, last I checked.

I’ll agree with you about the rendering, I guess the issue I have with that is the rendering has made thieves OP for over 6 months!? Thieves do have a revealed debuff, but it’s a few seconds and combined with the rendering issue, well it feeds back into this and other posts I made in this thread.

Thieves Are Ruining WvW

in Suggestions

Posted by: Cloud.7613

Cloud.7613

You cannot say for sure Thieves are the problem in WvW, culling is the main problem. While I can agree yes, they’re over powered(only due to culling), nothing will be done.

Thieves Are Ruining WvW

in Suggestions

Posted by: Brennus.1435

Brennus.1435

At least Anet had the sense to make a class like that not have the ability for permanent stealth. You know, like Rogues in wow or something.

“Everyone is born a 5 signet Warrior,
what we become later only depends
on how hard we try and how good we want to become.” -HannaDeFreitas

Thieves Are Ruining WvW

in Suggestions

Posted by: Firelysm.4967

Firelysm.4967

I would only suggest shorted party stealth for team, so like 1 sec max, because i see EBJP roaming thief groups 4 in pari, and they use hit/stealth/hit/stealth, and they have like 100% hide cover when 2 or more are in group, which is very annoying and making game unbalanced…

Reduce thief group stealth duration to 1 sec

Wish I could get back to GW1.. PvP-GvG. It feels like we are outcasted, not desired or rewarded..

Thieves Are Ruining WvW

in Suggestions

Posted by: Cloud.7613

Cloud.7613

At least Anet had the sense to make a class like that not have the ability for permanent stealth. You know, like Rogues in wow or something.

Err, Rogues had a good balance of stealth, you can knock them out of stealth via DoTs, GW2 you cannot. They only have a few ways to restealth, this makes them commit to a fight. GW2 thieves can just run away whenever they want. Don’t get me started on the movement speed difference. Ultimately you’re arguing permanent stealth vs combat stealth, which is daft because one has to commit, one does not.

Thieves Are Ruining WvW

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kaimick.5109

Kaimick.5109

You know culling has a majority to blame for this at this point in time, although the only thing I am taking from this is I don’t want to learn how a thieve works, I don’t want to play a thieve and therefore make it so I can be lazy and beat thieves with no real commitment to learning.

Thieves Are Ruining WvW

in Suggestions

Posted by: Brennus.1435

Brennus.1435

Err, Rogues had a good balance of stealth, you can knock them out of stealth via DoTs, GW2 you cannot. They only have a few ways to restealth, this makes them commit to a fight. GW2 thieves can just run away whenever they want. Don’t get me started on the movement speed difference. Ultimately you’re arguing permanent stealth vs combat stealth, which is daft because one has to commit, one does not.

I was referring to how the op said that they can come out of nowhere because of stealth. Their stealth is not permanent. They’re slippery, yes. But in an open landscape, they will not be able to vanish and be permanently gone.

“Everyone is born a 5 signet Warrior,
what we become later only depends
on how hard we try and how good we want to become.” -HannaDeFreitas

Thieves Are Ruining WvW

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sons.5493

Sons.5493

for kittens sake, thieves are not even hard to kill. Big l2p issue right there.

Thieves Are Ruining WvW

in Suggestions

Posted by: DreamOfACure.4382

DreamOfACure.4382

I’ll agree with you about the rendering, I guess the issue I have with that is the rendering has made thieves OP for over 6 months!? Thieves do have a revealed debuff, but it’s a few seconds and combined with the rendering issue, well it feeds back into this and other posts I made in this thread.

The rendering has been around the entire 6 months as well. It didn’t just go away.

IMO, thief-haters are just running out of patience and want something to blame. They want to vent their furstration, even if it the thing that ends up burned didn’t deserve it.

The Joker would be pleased.

“Bleeding, Poison, Confusion, Torment, they all look delightful on you.”

Lv80s: Guard, Thief, Necro. Renewed my Altaholic’s card on the HoT Hype-Train. Choo choo~