This is not ok

This is not ok

in Suggestions

Posted by: Air.6452

Air.6452

Something needs to be done about this problem I think most people are having:

Edit because Doomguard got angry:

My suggestion it so have keys a part of dailies, monthlies, and return them back to the loot table. They USED to drop, been many hours since I have seen one.

Attachments:

Chody – Leader of We Came To Dance GW2
Crystal Desert
We Came To Dance [WCTD]

(edited by Air.6452)

This is not ok

in Suggestions

Posted by: Doomguard.5094

Doomguard.5094

Neither is your post! What exactly? You did not suggest anything and neither have you explained what you issue is, do you think you have too many chests? Do you think you have too little keys? Are you implying these chests are taking up your space? What exactly is your issue?

This is not ok

in Suggestions

Posted by: Plunder.8195

Plunder.8195

You can sell them for about 3 copper on the TP or just delete them (so it’s not really a problem) :P

But yes, the drop rate is too high. At about 600 hours I only found one key dropping naturally.

Some thought provoking quote

This is not ok

in Suggestions

Posted by: Oglaf.1074

Oglaf.1074

I’m working on my third full stack.

What really annoys me is that they sneak-removed the keys from the loot tables. Say what you want Anet, I know that around launch they did drop just like the chests.

I can do thirty Five-Dolyak Arm Curls.

Do you even lift, bro?

This is not ok

in Suggestions

Posted by: Solid Gold.9310

Solid Gold.9310

Yeah I get a few keys early on in the game, now loads of chests and no keys, now I wonder why that is ?

Jumping puzzles, love them or hate them, I hate them. Thread killer.

This is not ok

in Suggestions

Doomguard.5094

I got 3 keys last week, 1 from daily I believe and 2 from map completions on my alt. Guess you just need some luck.

This is not ok

in Suggestions

Oglaf.1074

That’s different. I’m talking about loot. You could loot them just like the chests.

Do you even lift, bro?

This is not ok

in Suggestions

Doomguard.5094

That’s different. I’m talking about loot. You could loot them just like the chests.

I played the game from launch and I never ever looted one, they are supposed to be uber rare.

This is not ok

in Suggestions

Posted by: Air.6452

Air.6452

I played the game from launch and I never ever looted one, they are supposed to be uber rare.

Then why make chests so common?

I have gotten more Black Lion chests in this game from drops than I have rares items. Yet, I have only seen 10-20 keys since launch almost. The ratio is completely out of whack. I understand that this ratio is most likely something Anet put in place so they could money grub with key sales, but dayum, aint nobody got time to be buying keys.

Chody – Leader of We Came To Dance GW2
Crystal Desert
We Came To Dance [WCTD]

This is not ok

in Suggestions

Oglaf.1074

They were on par with the chests as far as rarity went back then.

Which, y’know, made sense.

Do you even lift, bro?

This is not ok

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zeefa.3915

Zeefa.3915

I recall looting one or two… one fairly recently too… just very very very very very rare. I guess. It’s simple though… they want you to buy keys.

Life doesn’t stop being funny just because the dead can’t laugh.

This is not ok

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kahrgan.7401

Kahrgan.7401

Over 1400 hours, and I’ve only ever looted one, and that was last week.

It’s to encourage buying gems.

Don’t call anyone out on their BS, that’s an infraction and a deleted post. —Anet.

This is not ok

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sirius.4510

Sirius.4510

There’s something rather funny about a billion Black Lion chests floating around that nobody can afford to open, and so the treasure within is basically landfill. Maybe hundreds of landfills.

They should just invent a Black Lion Sledgehammer and break them all open.

Just a random PuGgle.
Stormbluff Isle ( http://www.stormbluffisle.com )

This is not ok

in Suggestions

Oglaf.1074

Who in their right mind would spend Gems on the keys though?

Do you even lift, bro?

This is not ok

in Suggestions

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

I personally find the way how keys are handled also senseless.
The keys cost way too much as like anyone with half of a brain would buy them with gems and the droprate of them is just basically non existant.
The only way I#ve got yet any keys with luck was only via completing map parts to 100% completion as a reward for from the blue explorator’s chest rewards.
From that point on since the last changes on them also a very few out of an opened up chest…

In generel my keys are still countable with 2 hands so far which I’ve got so far, but in regard of the shear mass of treasure chest drops it just looks totally stupid..they are just basically a waste of space, because you’ll never get so many keys to get all your chest drops opened, unless you spend an ihumane amount of real money into those overpriced keys in the shop to get enough and even then its absolutely not worth to do this at all, because the drops from the chest are half of the time just useless and not worth it to spend real money for them

However, I keep collecting them, should i reach my 1st full stack of them, then I’ll just sell all other chests Ill find fro that point on in the TP for their cheap 5g lol

That “value” is really speaking for itself

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

This is not ok

in Suggestions

Kahrgan.7401

I have before, it’s not the best system, but this is a micro transaction game, get used to it.

Don’t call anyone out on their BS, that’s an infraction and a deleted post. —Anet.

This is not ok

in Suggestions

Oglaf.1074

I have before, it’s not the best system, but this is a micro transaction game, get used to it.

Really? They’re really bad value for you Gems. I’m not questioning buying Gems, but I am questioning spending Gems on keys.

Do you even lift, bro?

This is not ok

in Suggestions

Kahrgan.7401

Really? They’re really bad value for you Gems. I’m not questioning buying Gems, but I am questioning spending Gems on keys.

That’s the beauty of it, if you don’t want to spend gems on keys, don’t. I want to support the game, and I wanted to gamble with some chests.

You can also trade gold for gems, you know that, right?

This is not ok

in Suggestions

Posted by: CodeE.4857

CodeE.4857

Played since the headstart. Never looted one. Only got them from dailies and map completion, and maybe one story mission reward.

This is not ok

in Suggestions

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

[…]

Then why make chests so common? […]

So you will always have more chests than keys no matter what you do, so you are more tempted into spending gems in keys.

I will not spend a single gem in random things, and absolutely not for consumables that will be deleted when used.

Having the permanent contracts only in the chests is basically like telling me: “We could do this, and spent the resources to do it, but I won’t let you have it”.

Because I’m not paying for random and consumable stuff that does not have a lasting effect.

I only pay for permanent unlocks with guaranteed acquisition, and services like name changes with effects that stay once used.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

This is not ok

in Suggestions

Posted by: MilitiaMasterV.7216

MilitiaMasterV.7216

I’ve just been selling my extra boxes over 250 on the TP.

I’m slightly more lucky than some folks, I’ve had about 3-4 keys drop off random monsters. Had a few ‘chains’ where the boxes I opened had another key also for about 6-8 boxes. Apparently you get a few keys for story completion, but I usually only got one because I really haven’t bothered with the story after a certain point on all my characters. Also map completion has given me quite a few and I hear daily gives one if you’re lucky but I haven’t seen one yet.

It’s basically a gimmick they are using to lure people into gem buying.

Most cash-shops are doing it totally wrong. This one is no different.