To Cantha

To Cantha

in Suggestions

Posted by: Plague The Blighted.4812

Plague The Blighted.4812

A suggestion to keep certain people from getting upset at the thought of Cantha coming into being, Here’s a story arch you may want to try. The plague that Shiro Tagachi spread, Caused wide spreed burning of homes. The only ones that survived the blight where some stragglers from the city, Kurzicks and Luxons. Say the Kurzicks and Luxons rebuilt the towns and main city with there architecture. The names of the Kurzicks are mainly German any way (like zu Heltzer), also the names of the Luxons are different as well. Remake Cantha into a new place. That way no one is offended, And we can have a Cantha expansion pack. Just considering the possibility’s in Cantha.

To Cantha

in Suggestions

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

That’s not a possibility though.
The Kurzick and Luxon factions were dissolved by the Canthan Emperor.
The plague was dealt with and the afflicted were wiped out in ‘Winds of Change’.
I think the idea is that the original reason for scrapping Cantha doesn’t really apply anymore. It’s just a case of if/when they decide to implement it.

To Cantha

in Suggestions

Posted by: kta.6502

kta.6502

A suggestion to keep certain people from getting upset at the thought of Cantha coming into being, Here’s a story arch you may want to try. The plague that Shiro Tagachi spread, Caused wide spreed burning of homes. The only ones that survived the blight where some stragglers from the city, Kurzicks and Luxons. Say the Kurzicks and Luxons rebuilt the towns and main city with there architecture. The names of the Kurzicks are mainly German any way (like zu Heltzer), also the names of the Luxons are different as well. Remake Cantha into a new place. That way no one is offended, And we can have a Cantha expansion pack. Just considering the possibility’s in Cantha.

It could work, but it would be more of Neo-Luxon and Neo-Kurzick groups that operate underground.

As for the plague, this is how it could work out: an ancient Asuran researcher got a hold of a sample of the plague during the time of the plague. That sample got passed down to his/her modern descendant who has to keep it out of the hands of Inquest and the Nightmare Court (who teamed up just to get the sample). If the sample falls into the wrong hands, it would annihilate all of Tyria because there is no modern cure for it.

To Cantha

in Suggestions

Posted by: AzureShiron.7658

AzureShiron.7658

Blame NCsoft, its all i can say

If you think this post is about you, it probably is

To Cantha

in Suggestions

Posted by: AzureShiron.7658

AzureShiron.7658

also thats the same excuse they use to put scarlet in things “She got a hold of it secretly” so no also thats the most terrible excuse because the plauge was wiped out without any of it being left

If you think this post is about you, it probably is

To Cantha

in Suggestions

Posted by: Keyno.8431

Keyno.8431

Honestly, I’m offended that people had to be offended by Cantha. Why so sensitive? Its a FANTASY game for crying out loud.
I mean, I can sort of understand the concern… Having one’s culture misconstrued by other nations through the media, etc. but while Cantha’s scenery and lore are obviously inspired by oriental influences, it’s not Chinese culture or Japanese culture… It’s not representational. it’s Canthan culture — Fantasy. Made using the Anet devs’ God-given right to be inspired, to imagine and to create. And it was beautiful.

I’m Nigerian and I thought GW Nightfall was fantastic. Theres scarcely a place in Africa that’s anything like Elona. But since I know it’s a fantasy game, I don’t get offended by names like ‘Dende’ and the ‘Ntoukas’. I know what my home is and I know what GW Nightfall is.

These games’ settings don’t really say anything about the cultures on which they are based. They tell more about the people at ArenaNet — about their interpretations of these cultures. Every individual is entitled to their own interpretations. That’s what art is about.

Customization is Key (my suggestion)