Top F Key Priority

Top F Key Priority

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rizzy.8293

Rizzy.8293

Ever had this happen, someone falls down next to a corpse you have not looted.
Your inventory is full, you press F it keeps popping up to loot.
You press esc to close the loot window and press F again only to have it offer you loot from another corpse.

Annoying?

Very.

Can we please have it this way
1) Rally Ally
2) Other function
3) Loot

FYI: WVWVW loot bags appear at your feet, away from any corpses, picking up those loot is easy, when you’re in the middle of a big fight and an ally falls in a pile of corpses, really your top priority is looting stuff and not keeping your numbers up?

(edited by Rizzy.8293)

Top F Key Priority

in Suggestions

Posted by: SHM.7628

SHM.7628

I rarely have that problem because i merchant frequently. It might help gettin some bigger bags too. The whole ground targeting system is a pain IMO. Its easy to miss loot too. I’d love an auto loot option.

Top F Key Priority

in Suggestions

Posted by: Storm of the Ages.9076

Storm of the Ages.9076

I think Loot should remain number 1 on the list. When you are in a huge party like WvW or when playing with massive NPCs you could easily lose out on loot because there are too many dead bodies everywhere. I turn mine to auto and make sure I pick up everything really fast before the mass rez.

Top F Key Priority

in Suggestions

Rizzy.8293

I think Loot should remain number 1 on the list. When you are in a huge party like WvW or when playing with massive NPCs you could easily lose out on loot because there are too many dead bodies everywhere. I turn mine to auto and make sure I pick up everything really fast before the mass rez.

You are aware in WVWVW loot bag spawns at your feet and pressing F when that happens SINCE THERE IS NOTHING ELSE that F would do will Loot.

If there is a person trying to RALLY again pressing F would immediately RALLY them, allowing another member to get back in the fight and produce more enemy corpses AKA loot bags at your feet

Top F Key Priority

in Suggestions

Posted by: SHM.7628

SHM.7628

You press esc to close the loot window and press F again only to have it offer you loot from another corpse.

Annoying?

Very.

1) Rally Ally
2) Other function
3) Loot

FYI: WVWVW loot bags appear at your feet, away from any corpses, picking up those loot is easy, when you’re in the middle of a big fight and an ally falls in a pile of corpses, really your top priority is looting stuff and not keeping your numbers up?

Like I said, the whole ground system is messed up. I actually have the opposite problem you do. I’m trying to get the loot quickly and bypass ressing an NPC. There’s a ton of loot onm the floor and I have to get what I can quickly in the throws of battle. Its already difficult enough.

I get what your saying though. In the heat of battle when there isn’t much time to screw around, you are being sidetracked by the mess on the floor.

A priority system coupled with a full auto loot option would solve this nicely. what do you think?

Top F Key Priority

in Suggestions

Rizzy.8293

Annoying?

Very.

1) Rally Ally
2) Other function
3) Loot

Like I said, the whole ground system is messed up. I actually have the opposite problem you do. I’m trying to get the loot quickly and bypass ressing an NPC. There’s a ton of loot onm the floor and I have to get what I can quickly in the throws of battle. Its already difficult enough.

I get what your saying though. In the heat of battle when there isn’t much time to screw around, you are being sidetracked by the mess on the floor.

A priority system coupled with a full auto loot option would solve this nicely. what do you think?

seems legit, or let us set the priority.

Top F Key Priority

in Suggestions

Storm of the Ages.9076

You are aware in WVWVW loot bag spawns at your feet and pressing F when that happens SINCE THERE IS NOTHING ELSE that F would do will Loot.

If there is a person trying to RALLY again pressing F would immediately RALLY them, allowing another member to get back in the fight and produce more enemy corpses AKA loot bags at your feet

You sir, must have never been hit by a zerg xD In Tier 2 the zergs are strong and when people start dropping, it means their zerg is stronger. So you quickly loot your bags while kiting the zerg and hope you avoid enough CC and AoE to survive it. Rezing is a luxury of the numbers.

(edited by Storm of the Ages.9076)

Top F Key Priority

in Suggestions

Posted by: Catisa.6507

Catisa.6507

Loot > rezzing … the dead can respawn, my loot bags are lost if my side gets wiped.

AR

Top F Key Priority

in Suggestions

Posted by: BLACKTHORNTK.5739

BLACKTHORNTK.5739

I have problems with F key too I wish there was different key command to press to talk to npc and to pick up items. Every time I’m doing an event with a NPC I tend to be talking to them to much and having there chat bubble in the way rather then picking up my loot that on the ground. I feel that Loot pick up should be different from npc chat and also Npc chat and player/ npc healing should be the same button together rather then Looting item NPC chat And healing fallen. They shouldn’t be all on F key as it rather get’s annoying when you just want to pick up items and head your way not end up with some mini bubble chat or Resurrecting the fallen player first before your loot next to them.

Top F Key Priority

in Suggestions

Rizzy.8293

Loot > rezzing … the dead can respawn, my loot bags are lost if my side gets wiped.

Rezzing =/= Rally

Top F Key Priority

in Suggestions

Rizzy.8293

You sir, must have never been hit by a zerg xD In Tier 2 the zergs are strong and when people start dropping, it means their zerg is stronger. So you quickly loot your bags while kiting the zerg and hope you avoid enough CC and AoE to survive it. Rezing is a luxury of the numbers.

And you know why they’re stronger than you?
Because people like you dont pull your part and rally those who fell.

OOH PRETTY SHINY BAG, Screw you dying comrade go rez yourself

Top F Key Priority

in Suggestions

Posted by: Retrospek.4583

Retrospek.4583

Actually, the 1 key for EVERY action is extremely annoying, but I don’t necessarily like your suggestion, OP. You’re just reordering the priority, rather than actually addressing the real issue.

How about different actions can be mapped to other keys (rezzing, looting, interaction with environment/objects) and if someone really wants to, they could keep it on one key, with a priority list. This would appease everyone, and make it so that you can rally a downed ally.

I’ve also had, and this is really annoying, where someone was dead on top of a downed player, and it wanted to default to the dead player. Sorry, I’d rather rally the downed player, not revive the dead player, at least at first.

Also, in WvW, I still don’t understand why there are loot bags. Just make it auto loot, and that would solve most of the problems, and also help reduce lag at the same time. If your bags are full, it can pop up the window, let you sort, and then continue as it does now. Having to manually loot in WvW never made sense to me anyhow, especially when someone dies as you’re running back into the action from the WP, and the loot drops as you’re running.

Top F Key Priority

in Suggestions

Posted by: Reack.8795

Reack.8795

Instead of switching the priority on the F Key to Rallying > Other > Loot.

Maybe they should all be seperately bindable, therefore making it a lot easier on what to do before/after rallying or looting.

That way you’ll have to choose, rally your ally and help everyone else, or loot whatever is on the ground and help yourself. That way it’ll make it more of a moral decision than a forced decision.

Just my two pence

By and large, language is a tool for concealing the truth.

Top F Key Priority

in Suggestions

Rizzy.8293

Instead of switching the priority on the F Key to Rallying > Other > Loot.

Maybe they should all be seperately bindable, therefore making it a lot easier on what to do before/after rallying or looting.

That way you’ll have to choose, rally your ally and help everyone else, or loot whatever is on the ground and help yourself. That way it’ll make it more of a moral decision than a forced decision.

Just my two pence

Im open to that suggestion

Top F Key Priority

in Suggestions

Storm of the Ages.9076

Actually it is the people who stay on the ground dead and wait for a rez in a sea of red that aren’t helping the wipe. If they are just downed then people will throw out a shield and get them back up but others have no business staying on the ground for that long when they can rez up for another surge. The only time where I would argue against this is if you are in the middle of taking a high priority target and your far away from spawn. Even then though, the commanders will let you know if you want to rez or respawn.

They fact is.. Looting a bag takes less than a second. You can do it in the middle of an intense fight without having another thought. Hell you can just double tap f and loot then rez someone. It’s a time priority. People work hard for every kill and they should get their equal chance for badges. I dont think I have once heard and in game complaint that looting a bag takes too long. That is what autoloot is for.

Top F Key Priority

in Suggestions

Rizzy.8293

Actually it is the people who stay on the ground dead and wait for a rez in a sea of red that aren’t helping the wipe. If they are just downed then people will throw out a shield and get them back up but others have no business staying on the ground for that long when they can rez up for another surge. The only time where I would argue against this is if you are in the middle of taking a high priority target and your far away from spawn. Even then though, the commanders will let you know if you want to rez or respawn.

They fact is.. Looting a bag takes less than a second. You can do it in the middle of an intense fight without having another thought. Hell you can just double tap f and loot then rez someone. It’s a time priority. People work hard for every kill and they should get their equal chance for badges. I dont think I have once heard and in game complaint that looting a bag takes too long. That is what autoloot is for.

Did you even read the first post?
-.-

Top F Key Priority

in Suggestions

Posted by: bcd.4352

bcd.4352

1) Rally Ally
2) Other function
3) Loot

No. That’s a terrible idea. Don’t take out your inventory mismanagement issues on everyone else. Loot should have priority over resurrecting anyone. If you want to res, click on the character first.

FYI: in WvWvW I always fight on top of a pile of corpses.

Top F Key Priority

in Suggestions

Storm of the Ages.9076

I’m running under the assumption that you wouldn’t go out into WvW with a full inventory again. I mean your right next to a merchant and a repair guy when you rez back.

Top F Key Priority

in Suggestions

Posted by: Oranisagu.3706

Oranisagu.3706

personally, I prefer loot over ressing someone. because loot usually takes only one press, afterwards I can decide whether to kill myself stand still forever to ress someone or fight some more.
I guess everyone has different priorities with their f key.
if they’d just fix the looting system for wvw (no lootbags but a vendor you can pick up all your loot when its convenient for you, not in the middle of a battle), this would be a non-issue. until then, the only workaround is buying gigantic bags and merch regularly.