Transmuted Legendary

Transmuted Legendary

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sabbatum.7263

Sabbatum.7263

I would like to know the chance to have the Transmuted Legendaries, to do not lose their Legendary Rarity when transmuted with lower rarity items.
Im kinda afraid that probably we won’t have our Transmuted Legendaries upgraded to Ascended when we reach the patch which Legendary will have same stats as ascended weapons.

Thanks and have a great day!

Your weakness makes me laugh!

Transmuted Legendary

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kloaked.5379

Kloaked.5379

If you would have read the notes on Ascended items, they are between Exotic and Legendary. Legendary will always be better than Ascended and Exotic.

Transmuted Legendary

in Suggestions

Posted by: ValarX.6729

ValarX.6729

If you would have read the notes on Ascended items, they are between Exotic and Legendary. Legendary will always be better than Ascended and Exotic.

The original post has a valid point. The question isn’t whether or not Legendaries will continue to be best in slot, but rather will Legendaries be updated if they are no long in their original form (i.e. someone has transmuted them to a different skin, or has applied a different sigil to them). I imagine when Ascended weapons come out that a query will be run on the database to update all existing Legendaries to different versions. However, items that have been transmuted may be stored under a different id than the original Legendary since they are not exactly the same and the query may miss them.

Transmuted Legendary

in Suggestions

Kloaked.5379

Question then: why would you transmute a Legendary to a lower rarity item in the first place?

Transmuted Legendary

in Suggestions

Sabbatum.7263

Because the stats on the legendary i made, is not proper for my current build, so i transmuted it to a better stats and sigil for me.

Transmuted Legendary

in Suggestions

Kloaked.5379

Ah. Well you would think they would make it when you transmute a Legendary for that reason, it would keep it’s Legendary stat numbers and the rarity.

Transmuted Legendary

in Suggestions

Sabbatum.7263

Ah. Well you would think they would make it when you transmute a Legendary for that reason, it would keep it’s Legendary stat numbers and the rarity.

That’s so dumb, since when you transmute any item you keep the higher rarity on that item. That’s how the logic works, Legendary > Exotic, so the quality of item should keep the Legendary one.

Transmuted Legendary

in Suggestions

Posted by: Amadan.9451

Amadan.9451

i was wondering this myself, because you can transmute an exotic skin on a rare item and chose the stat of the rare items, the name still is orange, but the stats will be rare, so what op is asking is will this happen when we will have ascended weapon? will the legendary i transmuted for stats be exotic instead of upgraded to ascended?

Looking for a gay friendly guild?
Join the Rainbow Pride

Transmuted Legendary

in Suggestions

Sabbatum.7263

i was wondering this myself, because you can transmute an exotic skin on a rare item and chose the stat of the rare items, the name still is orange, but the stats will be rare, so what op is asking is will this happen when we will have ascended weapon? will the legendary i transmuted for stats be exotic instead of upgraded to ascended?

That’s what this post want ask to ANet. I will really be disappointed if Transmuted Legendary keep the exotic stat instead of Ascended ones

Transmuted Legendary

in Suggestions

Posted by: TwoBit.5903

TwoBit.5903

If transmuted items use codes to reference specific item data, and I think they do, there’s always the possibility of allowing players to reverse it for Legendary transmutations.

I’m with the TC on this one, since I’d also like to hear word of this from ANet themselves.

Transmuted Legendary

in Suggestions

Sabbatum.7263

Yes, that’s exactly what we want know from ANet team about this case.

One solution is about to fix the bug where Legendary loses its rarity when transmuted. It’s already a known bug, just need a fixing before the ascended weapons come up.

Transmuted Legendary

in Suggestions

Posted by: caffeinek.2756

caffeinek.2756

I don’t have my legendary yet, but I don’t like the sigil, so I would also like to know the response. Btw I’m posting this just to help me find this thread later

Transmuted Legendary

in Suggestions

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

Thats already the case.. don’t you just look at what happens, when you transmute something with different qualities??
Example

Lets say we have a Legendary with Stats like Strength, Vitality and Toughness…
And lets say we have an Exotic Weapon with Strength, Precision and Crit Damage %+

We want to have now a Legendary with the Stats of the Exotic …

Due to the point, that the STATS ARE BONDED TO THE ITEMS QUALITY, the result will always be this:

= Legendary Skin Weapon with Exotic Quality and Stats/Suffix of the Exotic Weapon.
So the legendary will change its name, receiving the suffix of the Exotic Weapon …

So if you had before an Incinerator, after the transmutation you will have then an Incinerator “of Berserker”….

You can easily test this out with all kinds of cheap items of poorer qualities to see the same results …

If you transmute something rare with a masterwork and you choose the skin of the rare item with the stats of the masterwork, the result will be a masterwork, not a rare item.

The only thing left to ask at this point is just only… is all this an intention of anet, or is this just some kind of bug in the system, that transmutation doesn’t take over always the better quality for the result-
I say, its all intention, because otherwise wouln’t be the items quality bonded with the items stats, but instead the items quality would be bonded with the SKIN either, or the quality would be exclused from the transmutation system completely and automatically be set fix on the best quality, so that the qualities of the transmuted items would have no need to be shown in the transmutation window at all.

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Transmuted Legendary

in Suggestions

Sabbatum.7263

Thats already the case.. don’t you just look at what happens, when you transmute something with different qualities??
Example

Lets say we have a Legendary with Stats like Strength, Vitality and Toughness…
And lets say we have an Exotic Weapon with Strength, Precision and Crit Damage %+

We want to have now a Legendary with the Stats of the Exotic …

Due to the point, that the STATS ARE BONDED TO THE ITEMS QUALITY, the result will always be this:

= Legendary Skin Weapon with Exotic Quality and Stats/Suffix of the Exotic Weapon.
So the legendary will change its name, receiving the suffix of the Exotic Weapon …

So if you had before an Incinerator, after the transmutation you will have then an Incinerator “of Berserker”….

You can easily test this out with all kinds of cheap items of poorer qualities to see the same results …

If you transmute something rare with a masterwork and you choose the skin of the rare item with the stats of the masterwork, the result will be a masterwork, not a rare item.

The only thing left to ask at this point is just only… is all this an intention of anet, or is this just some kind of bug in the system, that transmutation doesn’t take over always the better quality for the result-
I say, its all intention, because otherwise wouln’t be the items quality bonded with the items stats, but instead the items quality would be bonded with the SKIN either, or the quality would be exclused from the transmutation system completely and automatically be set fix on the best quality, so that the qualities of the transmuted items would have no need to be shown in the transmutation window at all.

Oh, never paid attention on that, i thought every transmute would keep the best quality item name and rarity. But ofc i was wrong. In case of Legendary, they are same stats as exotic ones, when transmuted, should keep the legendary weapon quality, a lot of people transmute legendary for a proper stats to a personal build, so i guess it’s valid to save the legendary rarity for transmuted items, could be named as Transmuted Legenadry, a difrent kind of transmute.

Well, there are lot of things that could be make to prevent people who made a legendary and transmuted with a exotic one from losing their legendary rarity because at moment Legendary are just like exotics with unique skins… =/