Two-Handed weapons with 2 sigils

in Suggestions

Posted by: ChaoSeeker.2146

ChaoSeeker.2146

Simple idea, one-handed wepons can have one sigil same as two-handed.

If i have equiped 2 one-handed weapons that means i have one more extra effect on them as i would have by equiping a two-handed.

I like two-handed weapons and they are my play stile, but why would i lose that one extra effect that those who weild 2 one-handed weapons have, seems not fair.

Not sure if it was a subject like this, if it wasnt pls tell me what you guys think

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nretep.2564

Nretep.2564

Well, it’d be time two handed weapons would get the stat bonus of two single handed weapons – like giver’s prefix.
As they also implemented dual-infusions, I don’t see a big reason not to get a second sigil slot …

in Suggestions

Posted by: Korossive.7085

Korossive.7085

How to fix:

1. Tell developer to open Weapon_Config.xml
2. Find tag <Greatsword>
3. Insert bold line at:
<Greatsword>
<Name> … </Name>
<SkinID> … </SkinID>
<Damage> … </Damage>
<NerfedDamageInCaseOfMesmer> … <NerfedDamageInCaseOfMesmer>
<HasSigil1/>
<HasSigil2/>
<HasInfusion1/>
<HasInfusion2/>

</Greatsword>

4. No need to compile, no need to debate (since 2 × 1 handed gives this), just run a nightly build, and day after we have what we should have at launch.

kkthxbby

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dand.8231

Dand.8231

+1
It’s quite silly to have it done this way, there’s no real reason for a 2handed weapon NOT to be able to rock two sigils!

in Suggestions

Posted by: ikereid.4637

ikereid.4637

+1, it needs to be done.

Desktop: 4790k@4.6ghz-1.25v, AMD 295×2, 32GB 1866CL10 RAM, 850Evo 500GB SSD
Laptop: M6600 – 2720QM, AMD HD6970M, 32GB 1600CL9 RAM, Arc100 480GB SSD

in Suggestions

Dand.8231

I’m surprised this sort of thing hasn’t gotten more attention. It’s a pretty glaring flaw between 2handed vs 1 handed weapons.

And it literally affects every class:
Guardian: Greatsword vs Sword/Shield
Engi: Rifle vs Pistol/Shield
Elementalist: Staff vs D/D
Thief: Shortbow vs anything else
etc…

in Suggestions

Posted by: Leamas.5803

Leamas.5803

I agree, this would be a definite improvement.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mel.8769

Mel.8769

I’m flabbergasted at the beautiful simplicity of this idea. It makes so much sense!

Common sense is a flower that doesn’t grow in everyone’s garden. -Unknown

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rukh.9287

Rukh.9287

Why not have three sigils?

But seriously. 2h weapons are currently balanced around the # of sigils, so it’s not that it’s unfair that 2h weapons only have 1 sigil.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Leamas.5803

Leamas.5803

But seriously. 2h weapons are currently balanced around the # of sigils, so it’s not that it’s unfair that 2h weapons only have 1 sigil.

No, not really, if I’m using a superior sigil of corruption on all my weapons, I can build my corruption stack twice as fast two handed than with the staff.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Felbryn.5462

Felbryn.5462

2h weapons have different weapon strength and different skills than 1h weapons; there is no reason IN PRINCIPLE that they couldn’t be balanced against 1h weapons even with one sigil (or five, or zero). There’s also no reason in principle they couldn’t balance the game on the assumption that shortbows have 3 sigil slots and longbows have zero. Yes, it takes longer to build your corruption stack, but that’s not necessarily unfair if you’re getting something else in exchange. I’m not sure whether 1h and 2h weapons are perfectly balanced right now, but I seem to see a lot of people using 2h weapons in game, so I don’t think the lack of a second sigil is crippling them terribly.

The fact that Giver’s weapons give the same condition duration bonus on 1h and 2h weapons is definitely wrong…but so is the fact that all armor and trinket slots give the same amount of boon duration, and that it’s too small in most (arguably all) cases. I think the wintersday attribute combos must have been snuck in by the event team without going through the usual QA process or something. (This impression is greatly reinforced by the fact that the duration bonuses didn’t even work until months later.) Maybe they’ll overhaul everything for next wintersday?

In my mind, the glaring imbalance between 1h and 2h weapons is that dual-wielders frequently have to pay more to fill their weapon slots; this is particularly notable when crafting ascended weapons, where 1h weapons require almost exactly the same mats as 2h weapons, except you need to craft twice as many of them to get the same increase in stats. Since that’s a difference in acquisition rather than use, it can’t be balanced by a difference in stats, skills, or sigil slots.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dalent.9358

Dalent.9358

No, not really, if I’m using a superior sigil of corruption on all my weapons, I can build my corruption stack twice as fast two handed than with the staff.

If you expect to go down often (such as PvP or WvW), then i could see why you’d want to build stacks faster. But in PvE, I don’t see the benefit. Killing 25 things goes by rather quickly.

Akurn – Asura Necromancer
Elzareth – Asura Mesmer

in Suggestions

Dand.8231

That’s not entirely accurate, though. For example, on a Warrior, the Axe and Greatsword have similar auto-attack damage capabilities. Axe’s Burst skill even hits (much) harder.

Also, consider an engineer and kits. Two engies, one with Rifle, one with Pistol/Shield. Otherwise they have identical traits and stats. Both use a Flamethrower kit… one is getting the benefit of TWO sigils, while the other is only getting ONE sigil.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Refresh.4386

Refresh.4386

was dev post that there looking into it so it may be done next year

in Suggestions

Dand.8231

was dev post that there looking into it so it may be done next year

Oh? nice to know! Dont suppose you’ve got a link?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Chaotic Storm.2815

Chaotic Storm.2815

I’m under the impression that 2-handed weapons actually hit harder then 1 handed weapons and thats suppose to be the trade off. Hit harder or have an extra effect option.

#ELEtism

in Suggestions

Posted by: Faux.1937

Faux.1937

Im 95% sure Anet already said they are looking into this and redoing the sigil system. It was in there Big 6 month looking ahead thing I believe.

SAB or RIOT

in Suggestions

Dand.8231

I’m under the impression that 2-handed weapons actually hit harder then 1 handed weapons and thats suppose to be the trade off. Hit harder or have an extra effect option.

Nope. For example, Warrior 1h Axe actually does more auto-attack damage than 2h Greatsword.

Im 95% sure Anet already said they are looking into this and redoing the sigil system. It was in there Big 6 month looking ahead thing I believe.

Cool. Got a link?