Wallet Discussion: Depositing gold!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ashadow.6874

Ashadow.6874

The largest issue I have sometimes is lag on the Trading post when trying to purchase things. Sometimes things get accidentally purchased. (And we are told repeatedly that there are no refunds for items we purchase in game off the Trading post, despite lag/delays/bugs/glitches, etc.)

Taking away a SAFE PLACE where we cannot use gold until we manually withdraw it, when making purchases anywhere in game, is a HUGE MISTAKE.

Instead of making it safer for those of us with quick fingers, lag or even people with short attention spans. You are now disabling us from our own inherent human flaws. (And everyone knows, everyone has flaws.)

The very purchase of things like Bank Accounts, is to provide a means of stability and a gated access to protect us not only from ourselves, but glitches or bugs in the game.

Please DO NOT remove the ability to deposit gold in our current Bank vault. Allow any gold we withdraw to be placed in the Wallet, and any gold we deposit to be removed from the wallet into the safety of our Banks.

Human error is abundant, allow us to keep our safe Banks where we cannot spend our own gold accidentally or be royally screwed by lag and a sometimes very buggy Trade Post. (All the patches to the Trade Post and maintenance prove how buggy it is at times.)

Please do not take our ability to deposit gold into the Bank away from us, just because you are introducing a new (and quite wonderful) feature.

#SAB 2014 plx

#OccupySAB2014

in Suggestions

Posted by: Hamfast.8719

Hamfast.8719

I don’t know exactly how the wallet will work, but I don’t want to be forced to have all of my eggs in one basket – that can lead to disaster. I also like to play “semi hard core” sometimes, where my lower level up-and-coming characters must fend for themselves rather than be supported by my higher level characters. I would like to be able to keep my individual character’s earnings separate.

Build a man a fire, and he’ll be warm all day.
Set a man on fire, and he’ll be warm the rest of his life.
– Unknown Fire Elementalist

in Suggestions

Posted by: Spectrals.4682

Spectrals.4682

Easy Solution: Bank.

YOLO … Yea, right until you respawn

in Suggestions

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

I don’t know exactly how the wallet will work, but I don’t want to be forced to have all of my eggs in one basket – that can lead to disaster. I also like to play “semi hard core” sometimes, where my lower level up-and-coming characters must fend for themselves rather than be supported by my higher level characters. I would like to be able to keep my individual character’s earnings separate.

From the Dev comments in other thread, you are SOL on “semi-hardcore” issue. Eggs will all be in one basket and there will be no built in option to “ration” the resources out nor “secure” them via the Wallet system. There appear to be a few “workaround” methods to secure funds in alternate “storage”, but according to the information I’ve seen from the Devs responding in other threads, you will no longer be able to carry funds (or Karma) on individual characters.

Easy Solution: Bank.

I’m guessing you are suggesting an entirely new NPC type storage than the current Vault just for money…..that seems a bit redundant when the feature already exists right now.

However, comments in other forum threads (by Dev) indicate that the Wallet update and maintaining the current gold storage in our storage vault is technically out of the question.

I’ve seen another suggestion beyond using a personal Guild for gold storage….using the TP to hold your money with ridiculous buy orders that will never get filled. Obviously, this storage will cost you money in the buy order fee, but so will setting up a new Guild with a bank for your personal storage (but the Guild option will also come with some additional item storage that you can increase if you want).

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

(edited by Brother Grimm.5176)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Da Sonic.6521

Da Sonic.6521

I’ve seen another suggestion beyond using a personal Guild for gold storage….using the TP to hold your money with ridiculous buy orders that will never get filled. Obviously, this storage will cost you money in the buy order fee, but so will setting up a new Guild with a bank for your personal storage (but the Guild option will also come with some additional item storage that you can increase if you want).

Actually, putting up a buy order costs you absolutely nothing. There are only fees for listing an item, not for offering to buy one. You can put up 25 offers to buy Eternity for 1 gold each to store 25 gold and when you want the money back, you simply remove the offer. You’ll be given back all 25 gold, and you can check this yourself with smaller sums of money. Hey, worst case, someone actually sells you an eternity for 1 gold.

Genesis Theory [GT] (HoD)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

First off, where did it say that our gold would be linked across accounts? That would imply Karma is too, which has always been kept separate because the very concept of Karma doesn’t make sense linked. All I’ve seen is that dungeon tokens, fractal tokens and WvW tokens will be moved to this and linked.

I see no reason why they should change the way gold works since it already works fine. Also I see no reason to remove bank access to gold for the same reason. Lastly, there is an achievement attached to how much gold you have in the bank. If they arbitrarily changed it so this wasn’t the case they would break that achievement for no reason.

So unless you can pull out a quote specifically stating that gold will be treated the same as tokens and laurels I’m inclined to believe it won’t be changing.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tywele.7812

Tywele.7812

First off, where did it say that our gold would be linked across accounts? That would imply Karma is too, which has always been kept separate because the very concept of Karma doesn’t make sense linked. All I’ve seen is that dungeon tokens, fractal tokens and WvW tokens will be moved to this and linked.

I see no reason why they should change the way gold works since it already works fine. Also I see no reason to remove bank access to gold for the same reason. Lastly, there is an achievement attached to how much gold you have in the bank. If they arbitrarily changed it so this wasn’t the case they would break that achievement for no reason.

So unless you can pull out a quote specifically stating that gold will be treated the same as tokens and laurels I’m inclined to believe it won’t be changing.

Account Wallet for Currency
Keep all of your currencies in one easy-to-find location! This Wallet holds dungeon tokens, coins, karma, laurels, Guild Commendations, Fractal Relics, Badges of Honor, gems, and glory and makes them accessible to any character on your account. Upon logging in with each unique character for the first time after the Wallet has gone live, that character will have all of their currencies deposited into the account-wide collection.

The word “ranger” does not originate from the
word “range” but from “to range”.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Charismatic Harm.9683

Charismatic Harm.9683

I’m a little torn on this new addition, but only in relation to gold storage. For all of the other currencies, it’s a welcome addition.

I have a “trading character” that I use for the sole purpose of buying and selling things on the Trading Post. This character has my investment bankroll on them and I want it to be limited ONLY to a certain amount of money. With this new update, their personal inventory of gold will be added to the central location for all of my characters. It’s not a deal breaker, but it’s going to take some getting used to as I’ll have to always make sure to leave a certain amount in my wallet and not invest everything when I’m trading. Right now, I can invest every single copper on my trading character….knowing that I’ve still got my safety net in my bank and some spread out across my other toons.

As I said, it’s not a deal breaker, but it does make that part of my personal experience less convenient. My suggestion would be to make the update they’re planning to, but leave gold out of the wallet.

Guild: Member of Charter Vanguard [CV]
Logic will never win an argument on the forums…..only a sense of entitlement will.

in Suggestions

Kal Spiro.9745

Account Wallet for Currency
Keep all of your currencies in one easy-to-find location! This Wallet holds dungeon tokens, coins, karma, laurels, Guild Commendations, Fractal Relics, Badges of Honor, gems, and glory and makes them accessible to any character on your account. Upon logging in with each unique character for the first time after the Wallet has gone live, that character will have all of their currencies deposited into the account-wide collection.

Yeah, I’ve read more. I think it’s silly, and the actual reasoning doesn’t make sense, but I guess people just need to be more careful about how and what they buy. Especially if they know they’re prone to weird lag issues.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist

in Suggestions

Posted by: zerorogue.9410

zerorogue.9410

The wallet is a wonderful idea, and is not the problem here. The Problem is the fact the black lion trader is in need of an update. Poor filters, poor design, limited to 250, alot of glitches/disconnects.

If the black lion just had a click and wait system, something most major online retailers do it would not be a problem.

One click on buy/sell it locks the button and waits for a communication from the server. if the transaction goes through it comes back green otherwise it comes back red. Either way the player can keep themselves from double clicking.

Don’t blame the new horse just because he’s pulling a wagon with a broken wheel.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

Actually, putting up a buy order costs you absolutely nothing. There are only fees for listing an item, not for offering to buy one. You can put up 25 offers to buy Eternity for 1 gold each to store 25 gold and when you want the money back, you simply remove the offer. You’ll be given back all 25 gold, and you can check this yourself with smaller sums of money. Hey, worst case, someone actually sells you an eternity for 1 gold.

As you can see…I don’t buy much on the TP other than small quantities of crafting mats. What if you take down the buy order before it’s filled (which you will do in this case when you want your gold to REALLY buy something) …doesn’t it charge you the listing fee when it returns the gold? If not, then this may be the answer to our “savings account” woes.

One click on buy/sell it locks the button and waits for a communication from the server. if the transaction goes through it comes back green otherwise it comes back red. Either way the player can keep themselves from double clicking.

Don’t blame the new horse just because he’s pulling a wagon with a broken wheel.

My suggestion to fix this is a WARNING dialog like the merchants have. If you are spending more than 1g, a dialog pops up for you to confirm your purchase. I’m sure avid traders would also appreciate some sort of “opt-out” checkbox in the settings to either turn this feature completely off, or only display it the first time in a TP session.

I think the problem you are trying to solve with the click and wait is a double purchase and that is NOT the problem here…..I’m concerned about an accidental FIRST purchase (but stopping lag induced double purchases is not a bad thing, either).

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

(edited by Brother Grimm.5176)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tywele.7812

Tywele.7812

Buy orders don’t cost ANYTHING.

The word “ranger” does not originate from the
word “range” but from “to range”.

in Suggestions

Kal Spiro.9745

As you can see…I don’t buy much on the TP other than small quantities of crafting mats. What if you take down the buy order before it’s filled (which you will do in this case when you want your gold to REALLY buy something) …doesn’t it charge you the listing fee when it returns the gold? If not, then this may be the answer to our “savings account” woes.

My suggestion to fix this is a WARNING dialog like the merchants have. If you are spending more than 1g, a dialog pops up for you to confirm your purchase. I’m sure avid traders would also appreciate some sort of “opt-out” checkbox in the settings to either turn this feature completely off, or only display it the first time in a TP session.

I think the problem you are trying to solve with the click and wait is a double purchase and that is NOT the problem here…..I’m concerned about an accidental FIRST purchase (but stopping lag induced double purchases is not a bad thing, either).

All profits are taken from the seller, the buyer only pays what he pays. Putting down money or taking it back costs nothing to the buyer.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ashadow.6874

Ashadow.6874

Regardless, we should not have to mass store gold on the Trading Post, simply because they are removing our only way of storing gold in our Bank vaults.

It should not be excessively hard.

UNLESS —- they are removing the Gold slot from the Vault and adding it to a Wallet, then forcing all our characters gold to automatically fall into the old “Bank Vault” gold slot. Thereby re-using the existing “Bank Vault” gold slot mechanic.

Instead of taking the appropriate time to create a new mechanic.

TL;DR —- Anet sounds like its doing it the lazy way and costing us our Bank Vault gold slot in the process, because they are not taking the time to do it right.

#SAB 2014 plx

#OccupySAB2014

in Suggestions

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

Regardless, we should not have to mass store gold on the Trading Post, simply because they are removing our only way of storing gold in our Bank vaults.

It should not be excessively hard.

UNLESS —- they are removing the Gold slot from the Vault and adding it to a Wallet, then forcing all our characters gold to automatically fall into the old “Bank Vault” gold slot. Thereby re-using the existing “Bank Vault” gold slot mechanic.

Instead of taking the appropriate time to create a new mechanic.

TL;DR —- Anet sounds like its doing it the lazy way and costing us our Bank Vault gold slot in the process, because they are not taking the time to do it right.

The issue is that storing gold in the bank is now redundant.

FWIW, you can form your own little guild and use the Guild Bank…

Server: Devona’s Rest

in Suggestions

Kal Spiro.9745

As was stated in another post, in a month or two this will just be how it is. No one will care about bank gold vs wallet gold vs the old system. We’ll get used to it and move on just like every major game changing decision they’ve made thus far.

Whens the last time you heard someone complaining about variable dailies? For instance.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dean Calaway.9718

Dean Calaway.9718

Instead of making it safer for those of us with quick fingers, lag or even people with short attention spans. You are now disabling us from our own inherent human flaws. (And everyone knows, everyone has flaws.)

Seems to me that if you click ONCE and wait 2~3 secs you’ll have your problems solved.

As for refunds, there’s nothing stopping you from reselling double purchases (that wouldn’t happen if you WAIT 2 seconds).
Sure you might lose a small percentage of your money but it’s nothing major unless you’re talking about something like a legendary.

Now take a minute to think about what you’re really asking, its pretty much barriers, right? How long do you think all of those barriers will take to become unbearable?

Remember in these forums how much people complained because titles weren’t visible? And they weren’t worth getting because people would only see them if they target you and it would be so much better if they could actually see and it would give incentive to get them, remember all that?
ANET gave in and what happened then? Everyone started raging for them to go away because they were polluting the screen and were annoying as hell.

Victoria Cross [VC] – Desolation [EU]