We don't need new content

in Suggestions

Posted by: Galen.9042

Galen.9042

Arenanet seems to think that we, the players, are desperate for more content and bored with the end game. But this is only half true. Many of us are bored with the end-game, mainly because the only end-game zone is Cursed Shore and we fight one type of enemy over and over again. But as for more content, there’s an entire world out there filled with cool events for us to do. And yet, those zones are deserted.

Which makes perfect sense of course, because the rewards for going to those zones are paltry. If we want tier 6 crafting materials, we have to grind Orr. If we want coin and karma, the best place to grind is Orr. If we want exotic gear, we have to grind Orr. If we want ectos, we have to grind Orr. No wonder the other zones are desolate wastelands.

Instead of devoting time and money to creating new zones, Arenanet should make their current zones more rewarding. Give every zone a karma armour set like in Orr; Harathi Hinterlands could have a centaur set, Bloodtide Coast a pirate one. If I’m level 80 and in Queensdale, I should be able to find tier 6 crafting materials. Too easy to kill mobs, you might say? Then make level scaling harsher. I don’t see why I have to be two levels higher than the zone, especially when my personal story quests make me exactly the same level as the mobs I’m fighting (and even for a level 80 in full exotics, some of those fights are tough). If I’m completing dynamic events in Caladon Forest, reward me with the same amount of karma and coin I’d get from completing a Cursed Shore dynamic event. If I’m killing mobs in the Brisban Wildlands, make their drops scale to my level.

Give us incentives to go to these other zones, and believe me, people will abandon Orr at lightspeed. You have a massive, amazing world for your players to explore, Arenanet. You don’t need to try and win us over with events and new zones. You just need to give us a reason to play the game you’ve already made.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Saidor.7028

Saidor.7028

One word

PANDAS.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jestunhi.7429

Jestunhi.7429

I want new content.

I just don’t want new tiers of gear to come with it.

SoE have finally been knocked off the top spot
in the list of developers I have the least faith & trust in.
Congratulations ArenaNet!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nox Aeterna.2965

Nox Aeterna.2965

I want new content.

pretty much this. I already said in my guild i will quit if the gear really get better stats and only come from dungeons , so these might be my last days on GW2 already.

Gear Grind: Confirmed – Searching New MMO: Found – Changing MMO: Waiting Launch

in Suggestions

Posted by: derLoko.2185

derLoko.2185

New content is nice, but replayability in general is what’s really important.
And I mean ACTUAL replayability, not a repetitive gear treadmill.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zemarca.6218

Zemarca.6218

I agree with the level adjustment, xp, Karma and looting, However new content is always nice to have. But please make dungeon tokens one thing or maybe all the dungeons give you the same token but for each piece of gear you need one thing from that dungeon to go along with the tokens.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sollith.3502

Sollith.3502

New content is nice, but replayability in general is what’s really important.
And I mean ACTUAL replayability, not a repetitive gear treadmill.

Yes, they need to work on making the current areas more enticing to spread out and play in rather than focusing on adding additional areas at the moment.

There are plenty of areas with great environments that could be easily tweaked to have some viable “high level” content. I mean they did say they wanted Gw2 to be “end game” from level 1 right? It’s not that hard to do from a design perspective, I don’t know why Anet seems so slow on the uptake.

MMO’s have always had one major flaw in my opinion and that’s the lack of replay value in the “lower level” zones. I mean you play through (some) of them and then they serve zero real purpose. If Anet wants to do something amazing with their game, they should look into making the “low level” zones viable as “end game” areas (yes they have their crappy level scaling that seems to serve absolutely no purpose whatsoever, but the MMO genre is capable of so much more if the current generation of designers would just open their kitten eyes).

Looks like Anet wants to take the easy uncreative way out to solve their lack of design potency (don’t get me wrong the environmental designs are great in the game; the mechanics however… events need some heavy modifying and combat could use a good tweaking)… Go ahead though Anet give us a kitten gear treadmill if you lack the creativity to do anything better.

in Suggestions

Posted by: kagejuin.4713

kagejuin.4713

This is so true. Anet seems to lack any good designers to come up with some good mechanics to make the game fun to play in and of itself. Make people want to go back to lower level zones. Hahahaha it shows they only play, only make and only tested with fellow MMO players. They never tried hiring an arcade gamer, a fighting game player or a normal RPG player. Not even an action RPG gamer.

Anet should play and pick apart these games to understand why it’s inherently FUN to play even when going to lower zones:

Final Fantasy 1
Final Fantasy 2
Zelda 1
Dark Souls
Vindictus
Castlevania Aria of Sorrow
Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Echoes of Time

in Suggestions

Posted by: Cloud.7613

Cloud.7613

People have quit to other games(Not naming them but you know a big MMO that recently had an expansion) because of lack of content.

One minute players quit due to no content, qq, no content.
Arena Net brings new content, qq to much content, qqq.

GW2 needs more content.

in Suggestions

kagejuin.4713

People have quit to other games(Not naming them but you know a big MMO that recently had an expansion) because of lack of content.

GW2 needs more content.

GW2 is not FUN it is inherently not fun and emergently it’s not fun either!

GW2 has alot of content but most of its content it does WRONG people then cry for more content. Well. That is one way to go about it, but it’s the WRONG way. Make all your current content engaging, fun, awesome and we won’t need another batch of content for a while. But if the NEw content will be as lackluster as the content we have currently. Guess what. People will keep leaving. Why? New content still sucks.

in Suggestions

Posted by: RaGe.9834

RaGe.9834

Arenanet seems to think that we, the players, are desperate for more content and bored with the end game. But this is only half true. Many of us are bored with the end-game, mainly because the only end-game zone is Cursed Shore and we fight one type of enemy over and over again. But as for more content, there’s an entire world out there filled with cool events for us to do. And yet, those zones are deserted.

Which makes perfect sense of course, because the rewards for going to those zones are paltry. If we want tier 6 crafting materials, we have to grind Orr. If we want coin and karma, the best place to grind is Orr. If we want exotic gear, we have to grind Orr. If we want ectos, we have to grind Orr. No wonder the other zones are desolate wastelands.

Instead of devoting time and money to creating new zones, Arenanet should make their current zones more rewarding. Give every zone a karma armour set like in Orr; Harathi Hinterlands could have a centaur set, Bloodtide Coast a pirate one. If I’m level 80 and in Queensdale, I should be able to find tier 6 crafting materials. Too easy to kill mobs, you might say? Then make level scaling harsher. I don’t see why I have to be two levels higher than the zone, especially when my personal story quests make me exactly the same level as the mobs I’m fighting (and even for a level 80 in full exotics, some of those fights are tough). If I’m completing dynamic events in Caladon Forest, reward me with the same amount of karma and coin I’d get from completing a Cursed Shore dynamic event. If I’m killing mobs in the Brisban Wildlands, make their drops scale to my level.

Give us incentives to go to these other zones, and believe me, people will abandon Orr at lightspeed. You have a massive, amazing world for your players to explore, Arenanet. You don’t need to try and win us over with events and new zones. You just need to give us a reason to play the game you’ve already made.

What’s funny was this was exactly an arguement I made a LONG time ago, and one of which I still believe is the way to go. +1’d

What are you a jock?…. get out, This is nerd landia, where nerds gather!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Cloud.7613

Cloud.7613

GW2 needs more content.

GW2 is not FUN it is inherently not fun and emergently it’s not fun either!

GW2 has alot of content but most of its content it does WRONG people then cry for more content. Well. That is one way to go about it, but it’s the WRONG way. Make all your current content engaging, fun, awesome and we won’t need another batch of content for a while. But if the NEw content will be as lackluster as the content we have currently. Guess what. People will keep leaving. Why? New content still sucks.

New content has barely come out for GW2 and people are already begging for things to do and when its finally come they cry it’s too much. I enjoy World vs World, I enjoy grinding while talking with others who like the game via voice communication. I don’t like sPvP but every now and then, sure! If you actually think the new content sucks, GW2 isn’t for you. Some games aren’t for everyone, but GW2 is for me.

in Suggestions

Posted by: JBleezz.2697

JBleezz.2697

I have to agree it feels like there is tons of game content that is simply pointless at max level. If they were to add a sort of hardmode version to the game with incentives to go out and explore I think it would help the end game grind feeling.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kaizz.7306

Kaizz.7306

As I’m to understand, the Ascended gear isn’t going to be that much better than Exotics, but it’s the only way to get infused, which protects from Agony, which is only seen in Fractals of the Mists. If so, then it really doesn’t matter if we get the gear or not, the stats may not be as much of an upgrade as people think. According to the picture of the ring shown, the stat difference was only 2-3 points on an accessory. I think it’s safe to assume that the difference in normal gear will only be 20-50 points higher on ascended gear compared to exotics. This is all assumption, but I’m not seeing a point to getting Ascended unless you specifically want to run Fractals of the Mists.

As far as content goes, yes, there’s a lot of game content, but once you hit 80, it’s pointless. I set out wanting to do 100% map exploration, but at 80, there just doesn’t seem to be any point in doing so. Really, the only thing I care remotely about now is WvW/SPvP. Unfortunately, WvW just became really boring for me, if my guild isn’t on, I don’t care to run around trying to solo or be with my servers zerg. SPvP is decently fun, not everyone is completely stupid when playing (not saying I’m the best, I’m just barely almost to R8), but I find it fun because there’s a small sense of progression.

I do think there needs to be new content, this Lost Shores weekend should be fun, but I know yesterday, me and some guildies realized we’re really bored with the current content right now. It was really more fun, to me, to level up, but I don’t want to level up another toon because it’s just so annoying. Maybe it’s just me, but I’m glad there’s so much potential in the game.

in Suggestions

Posted by: mcnick.3150

mcnick.3150

I want new content.

pretty much this. I already said in my guild i will quit if the gear really get better stats and only come from dungeons , so these might be my last days on GW2 already.

SO, you are saying ANet should update What you should like and not the armor tiers becuz you personally do not like it, otherwise you would quit? wow! you are so selfish..you should go create ur own game and thus update what only u like and don care about anyone else…..

I Would like to Thk ANET for all the updates ..they updates all the major contents for all different kind of players…i am so grateful for the FREE updates ..Instead of whinning for Free stuff i am getting i would in future think of suggestions and hope its good enough for implment…I cant wait for the update!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dhar.6392

Dhar.6392

New content or bugged existing content.

I think I’d rather have the bugs fixed.

I read the previous posts… and I would agree that more 75-80 zones are necessary. Anet did a fabulous job 1-40 giving each race a fairly distinct path but at the end we are all in the same place.

Not only does this get boring; but it puts a tremendous load on Anet’s resources. The only place I have had lag in Orr. Game runs great everywhere else…even Wv3. I have a 20-30MB cable Ethernet service and I still get lag.

in Suggestions

Nox Aeterna.2965

SO, you are saying ANet should update What you should like and not the armor tiers becuz you personally do not like it, otherwise you would quit? wow! you are so selfish..you should go create ur own game and thus update what only u like and don care about anyone else…..

I Would like to Thk ANET for all the updates ..they updates all the major contents for all different kind of players…i am so grateful for the FREE updates ..Instead of whinning for Free stuff i am getting i would in future think of suggestions and hope its good enough for implment…I cant wait for the update!

What im saying is that IF Anet goes back on their word that they would ALWAYS add many ways to get max stats gear i would quit.

You suggest me i should get my own game , indeed wish i could , i suggest to you to read and learn to understand what people mean before you go bashing on them.

Makes you look silly.

in Suggestions

Posted by: BabelFish.7234

BabelFish.7234

Anet didn’t go back on their word…holy mass crying guys.

in Suggestions

Nox Aeterna.2965

Anet didn’t go back on their word…holy mass crying guys.

That is also why i said im waiting to see how it will be implemented.

IF the gear is really with better stats AND can only be achived by doing dungeons , then yes they did.

IF not , then they did not.

We will only know when the patch is implemented.

in Suggestions

Posted by: neon.4863

neon.4863

There is an official announcement regarding Ascended gear now that states dungeons won’t be the only way to get it (I could have misread, but that’s what it read like to me):

“Ascended and infusion rewards will be available in both PvE and WvW over time, and be made available through all sorts of content around the world including existing content.”

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/news/A-message-from-our-Studio-Design-Director-Chris-Whiteside/first#post721451

I think the main issue seems to be how the original post about the new gear was worded, but it’s wait and see.

in Suggestions

Nox Aeterna.2965

There is an official announcement regarding Ascended gear now that states dungeons won’t be the only way to get it (I could have misread, but that’s what it read like to me):

“Ascended and infusion rewards will be available in both PvE and WvW over time, and be made available through all sorts of content around the world including existing content.”

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/news/A-message-from-our-Studio-Design-Director-Chris-Whiteside/first#post721451

I think the main issue seems to be how the original post about the new gear was worded, but it’s wait and see.

This is exactly what i wondering about , and to me the problem is solved if they really add many ways to get it.

Still gonna wait and see anyway , but it is good to have some feedback that at least leaves an idea that there would be no such problem , really would hate to have such restriction in this game.

My tks you for the link.

in Suggestions

kagejuin.4713

it still makes the pointless and painful grind to buy dungeon exotics … well..pointless as suddenly ascended is even better.

so now what?

can we trade in an exotic headpiece for a acended one? if not it’s STILL a gear treadmill

note hos ascended is even MORE rare than exotic. it means the chance of getting one is <1% which means GRIND baby GRIND to get the best gear since you will get curbstomped in WvW and everyone will exceed it for dungeon runs.

in Suggestions

Posted by: drifter.8453

drifter.8453

I am always up for new content, but I’d much rather have the broken things fixed first.

in Suggestions

Posted by: neon.4863

neon.4863

@kagejuin, I’m guessing you may be able to use exotics for ascended via mystic forge somehow, but we won’t know for sure until the content’s out, I suppose.

in Suggestions

Posted by: robinsiebler.3801

robinsiebler.3801

I want new content…it is called Bug Fixes! Please, don’t become another DDO!

This message was brought to you by a Kitten with a Keyboard

in Suggestions

Posted by: scooby treat.8420

scooby treat.8420

New content or bugged existing content.

I think I’d rather have the bugs fixed.

I read the previous posts… and I would agree that more 75-80 zones are necessary. Anet did a fabulous job 1-40 giving each race a fairly distinct path but at the end we are all in the same place.

Not only does this get boring; but it puts a tremendous load on Anet’s resources. The only place I have had lag in Orr. Game runs great everywhere else…even Wv3. I have a 20-30MB cable Ethernet service and I still get lag.

First, just want to say it’s Mb not MB.

Second, I agree that more 75 to 80 zones need to be added

Third, I also agree that I would rather see the bugs fixed first but maybe it will be done with the new content? One can only hope

fourth, not trying to rip on you about the Mb vs MB I just want to point it out because a lot of people make this mistake.

-FC- Cookie Snatchers [MINE]
Manyme usee -80 mesmer current main
80 War, Ele, Guar, Rang, thief. 55 engi 16 necro