Weekly rotating zone-wide DE buff!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Promega.7628

Promega.7628

Hi guys

I’ve suggested this elsewhere as have many others but I’d like to get more constructive feedback on the idea.

The purpose is to increase the breadth of endgame for those doing karma farm or gold farm by giving us incentive to go back to all of the zones the game has to offer.

Basically each week a different zone would have a buff that increases the rewards you get for completing DEs in that zone (karma, xp, level appropriate loot). The reward needs to be large enough to attract players away from the cursed shore and straights of devastation grinds.

By doing this the “end game content” would be increased from essentially 2 zones to all of them including newer zones introduced in the future! It should also reduce the chances of players becoming bored and burning out from running plinx 500 times for the legendary grind.

Thoughts? Additional ideas? Concerns?

Please keep it constructive!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ronah.2869

Ronah.2869

I get your point, but making weekly zergs on different zones won’t solve the purpose you have in mind. Either, all zones lower than 80 will have the same buff, or none.

in Suggestions

Promega.7628

The purpose is to see more content than cursed shore. The buff is intended to rotate to a new zone each week, only applying to a single zone at a time. How will it not accomplish it’s purpose may I ask?

in Suggestions

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

The purpose is to see more content than cursed shore. The buff is intended to rotate to a new zone each week, only applying to a single zone at a time. How will it not accomplish it’s purpose may I ask?

Because all it would be doing is rotating the horde of zergers and bots to that particular area each week.

It’s good in theory, and could probably be made workable if they made downscaling even harsher (at the moment i’m finding myself two-shotting stuff) and maybe had more than one area available for this buff, to spread the mob out.

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ronah.2869

Ronah.2869

Having and army of lvl 80 characters in low level zones will make low lvl players feel useless and possibly not even getting to an event until it done. You idea would work better if they would add something similar to “Traveler’s Gifts” in GW1. Lets say that this week, the traveler collects spider legs. Only little portions of the zones populated with spiders will be zerged, other parts will remain free for low level players to enjoy.
In both cases, tho, it will create a huge amount of overflow maps

in Suggestions

Promega.7628

Because all it would be doing is rotating the horde of zergers and bots to that particular area each week.

I don’t think thats ALL it would be doing but yes that is the point? I don’t understand what you are saying.

Some further improvements could sure be made such as tweaks to downscaling and such.

The quest for karma is currently very long and unfortunately very boring if you want to do it optimally. The idea is to see more content and have more fun while doing it while requesting the very minor tweaks from ANet to change the system. I’m working on the assumption that other players feel staying in the same zone running the same events for 100-300+ hours is boring as well and would also enjoy seeing more of the game.

Bots while being detrimental to the game are an entirely different issue.

in Suggestions

TheDaiBish.9735

I don’t think thats ALL it would be doing but yes that is the point? I don’t understand what you are saying.

The point is, is the situation will be exactly like the Cursed Shore for a week: Everyone will just be crowding the most frequently occurring event(s) and AoEing everything for their loot / Gold participation ect ect.

It changes nothing aside from of scenery.

In order to change the issue, you need MORE activities that give Karma that are also worth doing, rather than moving the one activity that allows you to gather Karma most efficiently around.

As Ronah suggested, maybe something like Traveler’s Gifts.

There’s already an NPC related to Nicolas, so why not have her collect a certain item / multiple items from different areas (in order to spread the zerg out) in exchange for a big chunk of karma + incredibly rare weapon skin / something that’s used for Legendary weapon progression (Mystic Clover, Ectos, T6 Mats, Obsidian Shards ect).

Maybe helping a Heart / Hearts out who are having trouble with something despite there being no reward for you doing so (you know, Karma, what goes around comes around).

Assisting lower level players with their story-lines / dungeon runs.

TL:DR – Personally, I think adding more activities that award Karma + other sweet rewards would help a lot more than just moving the farmers around

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

in Suggestions

Posted by: mrsrachelm.7618

mrsrachelm.7618

I can just hear the low to mid level players now…and I wouldn’t blame them. They would be totally robbed of events etc because they wouldn’t even get to one before it was zerged by high levels. I understand the idea behind the suggestion but…no…I don’t like the suggestion.

I support the adding of more material that rewards karma etc in the already established high level zones to give more opportunity to high level players and wouldn’t burden the low to mid level players from being able to get their own karma rewards in their own level appropriate zones.

in Suggestions

Promega.7628

Obviously downscaling needs to be tweeked and there are plenty of level appropriate zones to play in anyway if poeple want a less populated alternative. This is an MMO note the massive part of that description. If you want a single player game then consoles have tons to offer you.

The game is what it is and this change would be a very simple tweek that drastically expands the endgame content of the game without coming up with new content or introducing new systems.

There is also a lot more for lower level players to do in zones besides zerging DEs such as hearts, vistas, jumping puzzles, pois, etc. The pve karma grind is what it is but fortunatetly arena net has built a system that rewards max level players for replaying content in all zones of the game. The only problem is that the system is not rewarding enough to encourage max level players to take advantage of it compared to the alternative.

Adding more activities that award karma is a great idea but it is asking a lot more than adjusting existing rewards.

in Suggestions

Promega.7628

Even with the new halloween patch I still think a rotating zone wide karma buff to DE’s is a great idea.

in Suggestions

TheDaiBish.9735

Adding more activities that award karma is a great idea but it is asking a lot more than adjusting existing rewards.

I personally don’t think that should be an issue.

This patch today added Dungeons as a way of getting Karma. And obviously ALL the activities wouldn’t all be done at the same time. But the game does need more variety on getting Karma.

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.