When is the Dungeon group finder coming?

in Suggestions

Posted by: pRogz.2301

pRogz.2301

Why isn’t this out yet? Should have been here already.. it’s been awhile, and using a website is annoying.

in Suggestions

pRogz.2301

bump!

Message Body length must at least be 15.

in Suggestions

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

gw2lfg.com

It is already there.

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

in Suggestions

pRogz.2301

gw2lfg.com

It is already there.

Thanks for reading my message. How can you player even call that acceptable?

(edited by pRogz.2301)

in Suggestions

NinjaEd.3946

Because it works? and people shouting in LA for dungeon groups was annyoing and futile. Now you can “shout” across all servers in your region without having to retype anything out. It is the same thing, just not as official as anet releasing their own. Both accomplish what you’re looking for.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rizzy.8293

Rizzy.8293

Because it works? and people shouting in LA for dungeon groups was annyoing and futile. Now you can “shout” across all servers in your region without having to retype anything out. It is the same thing, just not as official as anet releasing their own. Both accomplish what you’re looking for.

really it does?
So your idea of a COF run is all Mesmers LF 4 Zerker wars or something along those lines.

No.

My idea of a Dungeon finder is Queue for it and go do other stuff, get notified for dungeon, click enter to start.

but anyways bump

in Suggestions

NinjaEd.3946

Who says I do cof runs? And I’ve never ran a party with more than 2 warriors or 2 mesmers at any point in time. Maybe you just run with people who enjoy speed runs, I actually try to do dungeons the right way. And yeah, you can set up a post and go do “other stuff” because you post your name in gw2lfg.com. Really see nothing wrong with the site, it made things much more conveinient.

in Suggestions

Rizzy.8293

Who says I do cof runs? And I’ve never ran a party with more than 2 warriors or 2 mesmers at any point in time. Maybe you just run with people who enjoy speed runs, I actually try to do dungeons the right way. And yeah, you can set up a post and go do “other stuff” because you post your name in gw2lfg.com. Really see nothing wrong with the site, it made things much more conveinient.

Theres nothing wrong with the site.
You’re the one who brought up the site as though this is was a reason for Anet to not bother with implementing a proper dungeon finder.

And I’m telling you NO.

Anet made Gw2, It should be up to Anet to implement a dungeon finder, not a third party source.

in Suggestions

NinjaEd.3946

In all honesty assuming a lfg tool was really needed, I’d agree. But there are more important things to be worked on, and even if a 3rd party source taking over someone elses responsibilities looks poor on their end, it is up and running so not that big of a deal. If there was absolutly no lfg tool anywhere then yeah, I’d say thats pretty kitten important to be working on but some people are willing to go out of their way to help others and I salute them. An official GW2 dungeon finder isn’t necessary at this point.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Purgatory.5296

Purgatory.5296

Here’s my biggest problem with the third party dungeon finder site and the dragon timer site: They’re third party.

ANet goes to great lengths to keep user login safe and keep the baddies out but they have two huge security holes in respect to these sites. Don’t come to me and tell me that I have to go to extraordinary lengths to protect myself but then when it comes to basic gameplay mechanics I’m forced to do exactly what ANet tells me not to do. That is wrong.

I realize the Dragon timer site isn’t necessarily needed but a decent in game LFG tool is.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Faux Play.6104

Faux Play.6104

That is exactly the reason they need an ingame way to find a group. 3rd party sites and spoofs of 3rd party sites are great for people that want to install trojans. Unless anet is getting the advertising $ from the lfg site there is no logical reason they don’t have it as a top priority.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Why-we-need-an-in-game-LFG-tool-careful/first#post1672108

Here’s my biggest problem with the third party dungeon finder site and the dragon timer site: They’re third party.

ANet goes to great lengths to keep user login safe and keep the baddies out but they have two huge security holes in respect to these sites. Don’t come to me and tell me that I have to go to extraordinary lengths to protect myself but then when it comes to basic gameplay mechanics I’m forced to do exactly what ANet tells me not to do. That is wrong.

I realize the Dragon timer site isn’t necessarily needed but a decent in game LFG tool is.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lumpy.8760

Lumpy.8760

if you need a dungeon finder then maybe you ought to reflect on why you play this game

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tolmos.8395

Tolmos.8395

gw2lfg.com

It is already there.

Having to use a third party application to accomplish an in game task that even the most cheaply made free to play MMOs have readily available hardly seems fitting for a AAA MMO.

if you need a dungeon finder then maybe you ought to reflect on why you play this game

We play the game to run dungeons as opposed to standing around in LA screaming “LFG LFG LFG” until it’s time to log off, which a dungeon finding tool would make easier and overall expedite what is already a boring and pointless task.

Hrm… You’re right, reflecting on why I play did help me realize that I definitely want an LFG tool. Thanks!

(edited by Tolmos.8395)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Catisa.6507

Catisa.6507

Anet’s improved dungeon finder will be released when its ready. You will get no other timeline on it. You are kidding yourselves if you honestly think any date will be given before its done and ready. The priority on it should not be very high as there is an acceptable and working alternative (whether you ‘like’ it or not, it does work), while other issues should have much higher priorities (ie: in game lag).

AR

in Suggestions

Posted by: Faux Play.6104

Faux Play.6104

Call me crazy but if you asked me what were prioritys to spend time on i would say fix the camera mechanic near walls, allow people to disable right click targeting, and get a decent in game LFG tool. I would have had that ironed out before the game went out of beta.

An 8 bit arcade game inside the game would not be on my list of priorities.

in Suggestions

Rizzy.8293

In all honesty assuming a lfg tool was really needed, I’d agree. But there are more important things to be worked on, and even if a 3rd party source taking over someone elses responsibilities looks poor on their end, it is up and running so not that big of a deal. If there was absolutly no lfg tool anywhere then yeah, I’d say thats pretty kitten important to be working on but some people are willing to go out of their way to help others and I salute them. An official GW2 dungeon finder isn’t necessary at this point.

Oh really?!
More important things are needed?
Sorry, but do you work at Anet?
Are you an official from Anet?
Do you decide whats more important for the devs to do?

If the answer to any of the above is NO. your opinion on what’s important doesnt count.

in Suggestions

Posted by: RebelYell.7132

RebelYell.7132

Anet’s improved dungeon finder will be released when its ready. You will get no other timeline on it. You are kidding yourselves if you honestly think any date will be given before its done and ready. The priority on it should not be very high as there is an acceptable and working alternative (whether you ‘like’ it or not, it does work), while other issues should have much higher priorities (ie: in game lag).

A date might be asking too much. But would a roadmap detailing what their priorities are, development wise, and what their vision for how they want the game balanced, be too much to ask? The reason LFG threads keep getting made, is that we’re completely in the dark here. There’s no roadmap, no Public Testing Realm, and people are still citing pre-release hype when arguing why something in the game is the way it is.

User was infracted for being awesome.

in Suggestions

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

It’s already there. You can find it on www.gw2lfg.com. It’s a very functional and good tool, to which a.net has not much to add.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ari Kagura.9182

Ari Kagura.9182

This is what I know—

Two months ago, Robert Hrouda mentioned that a Dungeon/Group Finder is in the works: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/It-s-time-for-a-group-finder/first#post1384841 … however, there really isn’t much of a discussion about it since Robert closed the thread before one could be engaged.

What came of it? Who knows, but there obvious is an interest in one since this topic comes up occasionally. At the moment, GW2LFG is pretty much your only option if you want to stick to playing with randoms. Otherwise, you’ll have to find a guild with like-minded people and run with them. And yes, I’m aware GW2LFG is a third party site— I also agree that it’s kind of silly in using a third-party utility to solve a first-world problem. There’s always the case of account security and privacy when it comes to it. For example, someone could troll a stranger by having that troll put down a random person’s name on the LFG posting and that person would get unwanted LFG requests. I know it has happened to a few people in my guild.

“I control my fate!” — Claire Farron
I am Fleeting Flash, in-game dungeon cosplayer of Reddit Refugees [RR] .

in Suggestions

Rizzy.8293

This is what I know—

Two months ago, Robert Hrouda mentioned that a Dungeon/Group Finder is in the works: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/It-s-time-for-a-group-finder/first#post1384841 … however, there really isn’t much of a discussion about it since Robert closed the thread before one could be engaged.

What came of it? Who knows, but there obvious is an interest in one since this topic comes up occasionally. At the moment, GW2LFG is pretty much your only option if you want to stick to playing with randoms. Otherwise, you’ll have to find a guild with like-minded people and run with them. And yes, I’m aware GW2LFG is a third party site— I also agree that it’s kind of silly in using a third-party utility to solve a first-world problem. There’s always the case of account security and privacy when it comes to it. For example, someone could troll a stranger by having that troll put down a random person’s name on the LFG posting and that person would get unwanted LFG requests. I know it has happened to a few people in my guild.

So much for that guy’s feelies on “Anet has better things to work on”

in Suggestions

Posted by: Onshidesigns.1069

Onshidesigns.1069

A dungeon group finder is needed because:
*Some players don’t like stupid arguments about what gear they have equipped.
*Some people do not want to do speed runs of dungeons
*It’s save time
*no one complains about playing with random people in SPvP

in Suggestions

Posted by: rhinton.4628

rhinton.4628

gw2lfg.com

It is already there.

Wow, so ANet still hasn’t created this?

Having to use an outside website just to find a group is absurd, it’s archaic and destroys the immersion with the game itself. It also wastes a ton of time.

This is why I left GW2 and after Googling and seeing the problem still exists, I won’t be coming back. Really idiotic.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

I hope it isn’t released before balance and dungeon fixes are implemented or else it’s going to be Gaurdian/Mesmer/warrior finder.