Why cant we refund our items?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Banshee.3427

Banshee.3427

I just bought 2 legs of Arah used 600 Shards of Zhaitan in accident.
And i can just farm 69 soz each day and now i’m very annoyed by this.
I hope i can refund 1 leg in return of 300 soz.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Catisa.6507

Catisa.6507

no refunds, all sales are final. YOU make a mistake YOU deal with the consequences.

AR

in Suggestions

Posted by: Seabrook.6531

Seabrook.6531

At least make an option to refund items within a 5 minute time frame or something.

in Suggestions

Posted by: ScribeTheMad.7614

ScribeTheMad.7614

Is there a confirmation pop-up, like they added with the Trait books?

If not they could add that.

“The short answer is that new content is not going to drive people away from the game.
There is absolutely no evidence to support that it would.” -AnthonyOrdon

in Suggestions

Posted by: Amaterasu.8639

Amaterasu.8639

yer there should be a sell back time just in case u make a mistake

in Suggestions

Posted by: domxnik.1453

domxnik.1453

I think there should be something, especially with some karma vendors. My mouse is starting double click and I bought two of the same item. It wasn’t much, just an extra 1,200 karam, but it’s still something. I really need to turn my mouse in for another, lol.

Anvixy- 80 Ranger

in Suggestions

Catisa.6507

Why should Anet be responsible for fixing mistakes made by players?

AR

in Suggestions

Posted by: xCrusadentx.2784

xCrusadentx.2784

Its not like people are complete idiots. A mistake can be made every now and again, nothing wrong in that. However in this case, dungeon tokens take some time to accumulate for a full set of armor (couple of runs in a few days). 2-3 days of dungeon runs suddenly gone in an instant because someone made an innocent mistake (Assume the norm in that a player gets 180 tokens a day)? People should have a chance to return it should this happen.

Royal Blood Oath:
We are sworn together by our blood…

in Suggestions

Catisa.6507

If the currency is precious and hard to get maybe people should, step back, take a deep breath and make sure that the button they are going to hit is exactly what they want?

As my Dad always told me growing up, “Slow down, you’ll get done faster.”

(for those that don’t get that, it means its better to take 30 seconds and reflect on what you are about to do, then have to do it all over again).

AR

in Suggestions

Posted by: Isende.2607

Isende.2607

i’ve been known to double-click the wrong thing, saying to myself “oh kitten” even as the second click is completing. rift came up with a great way to sell back, within a time frame i believe, an unequipped piece.

i’m the first one to jump on the bandwagon of “your mistake, you pay for it.” but i’m also mighty grateful for those times when my double-click effs up and the game is forgiving enough to let me slide without having to repeat my efforts.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kloaked.5379

Kloaked.5379

If the currency is precious and hard to get maybe people should, step back, take a deep breath and make sure that the button they are going to hit is exactly what they want?

As my Dad always told me growing up, “Slow down, you’ll get done faster.”

(for those that don’t get that, it means its better to take 30 seconds and reflect on what you are about to do, then have to do it all over again).

I don’t understand why you’re even speaking out against it. Even WoW has a timer on vendor bought PvE/PvP gear to be able to turn back in for a full refund.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kid Taylor.5479

Kid Taylor.5479

I think there is a technical difficulty in implementing your suggestion. I imagine it would be difficult to return tokens instead of gold. Also, it brings up the problem of equipment swapping within a dungeon vendor, so implementing a timer based vendoring system would be needed. Again, more technical difficulties.

For now, I believe that the confirmation system is adequate in preventing mistakes such as this.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Blueshield.6291

Blueshield.6291

Because refund systems exist in a very wide range of MMOs, which is a genre that Guild Wars 2 is part of. Because there’s no downside whatsoever to a refund system.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Isende.2607

Isende.2607

I think there is a technical difficulty in implementing your suggestion. I imagine it would be difficult to return tokens instead of gold. Also, it brings up the problem of equipment swapping within a dungeon vendor, so implementing a timer based vendoring system would be needed. Again, more technical difficulties.

For now, I believe that the confirmation system is adequate in preventing mistakes such as this.

actually, consider the fact that ALL currency in game is electronic in nature — gold, silver, copper, tokens. it’s just a field assigned a value in a database. given that, no, it’s not difficult to return tokens, as opposed to gold … additionally, as has been mentioned, it IS a common feature in most games.

in Suggestions

Posted by: SSalp.6423

SSalp.6423

Is there a confirmation pop-up, like they added with the Trait books?

If not they could add that.

There isn’t and they should add that.
I wonder why there is a confirmation pop-up at the dugneon vendor’s rares and not exotics.

Immotal Kingdom[KING] – Desolation

in Suggestions

Posted by: Skugga.5298

Skugga.5298

no refunds, all sales are final. YOU make a mistake YOU deal with the consequences.

So if you bought this game and you weren’t aware your computer could run it then you weren’t allowed a refund ?

It’s the same thing, GW2 has been given refunds from their game. Why wouldn’t they add a system to give refunds for armor you buy with tokens ? You spend a lot of grind on those tokens and sometimes it is VERY easy to make a mistake or click the wrong button just being hasty.

in Suggestions

Catisa.6507

Because there’s no downside whatsoever to a refund system.

Just a few off the top of my head:

1. Anet has a full plate right now fixing actual issues then to worry about spending time on this.
2. No matter what kind of refund system is put in place, someone will always exceed its limits. Add in a 5 minute timer and someone will complain they were at 5m 1 second, whats 1 second matter, can’t a GM help?
3. If the refund is available only on those ‘pricy’ items someone else will post and complain that they are poor and need a refund on something cheap and again ask a GM for help
4. The above lead to this point: GM’s end up wasting time on tickets for which they can do nothing.

All of it easily avoided by being responsible for ones own actions.

AR