Why is Bolt a main hand weapon?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Allaraina.8614

Allaraina.8614

I couldn’t find another place where this is posted (but then I am half awake and may have missed it), so apologies if this is the wrong spot/has already been suggested.

Would love it if Bolt were an either-hand weapon and not a main hand weapon as I had been hoping to dual wield it.

That said, why is Bolt a main hand weapon and not either hand? Was there a balance issue? Just wondering what went into making that decision. To my knowledge there is no legendary sword that is dual-wieldable. I’d really like to see one show up.

My 18 characters are waiting for outfits from GW1 like Tuxedos! WE GOT DWAYNA! =D
http://asuratime.tumblr.com/

in Suggestions

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

I don’t think this is a balance issue. I suspect it is mostly a problem with the animations. To get it as offhand it needs custom animations for the offhand. and for dualwielding it needs a redo of all animations.

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Raine Akrune.8416

Raine Akrune.8416

It’s part of the game mechanics that swords only offer main hand. I know at least for thief if we could dual wield swords we’d be the best multi-target melee class in game. Imagine hitting 3-6 targets with just your auto attack, yummy.

Asuran Master Thief/Charr Paladin Extraordinaire
Khan of The Burning Eden [TBE]
www.theburningeden.com

in Suggestions

Posted by: Hyde.6189

Hyde.6189

It’s part of the game mechanics that swords only offer main hand.

Erm, no. Warriors can wield swords in their off-hand.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mugiwara Luffy.1087

Mugiwara Luffy.1087

It’s part of the game mechanics that swords only offer main hand.

Erm, no. Warriors can wield swords in their off-hand.

Same for the mesmer.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Taril.8619

Taril.8619

It’s part of the game mechanics that swords only offer main hand. I know at least for thief if we could dual wield swords we’d be the best multi-target melee class in game. Imagine hitting 3-6 targets with just your auto attack, yummy.

2 minor flaws here:

1) Both Warriors and Mesmers can Dual Wield Swords (Thus this thread talking about a specific weapon not being wield-able in the off-hand)

2) Auto-attacks are from the main hand weapon only. Off-hand weapons are only used for abilities 4 and 5. The exception is thieves whom have a Dual Wield skill for their 3 that utilizes both main-hand and off-hand weapons.

Also, the fact that swords (Both regular and Great) all cleave on their auto-attacks…

On Topic:
I was unaware that Bolt was main-hand only? It seems strange that it is as I can not think of any other Swords that are main-hand only and the animations from the legendary (That I’ve read on the wiki) suggest that there are no specific “Main hand only” qualities to it (Aside from the reference to the Lightning around your character only when the weapon is drawn and in the main hand)

Seems like a bit of an oversight if it indeed cannot be put in the offhand…

“Pull the trigger, move out ahead,
There’s two kinds of people… The quick and the dead”

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

This thread’s premise is incorrect. Less than a few weeks ago, someone posted a picture of their Mesmer dual wielding Bolts on Reddit. Furthermore, I’ve seen a Charr Warrior running around in game using Frostfang and Bolt in the offhand.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Allaraina.8614

Allaraina.8614

This thread’s premise is incorrect. Less than a few weeks ago, someone posted a picture of their Mesmer dual wielding Bolts on Reddit. Furthermore, I’ve seen a Charr Warrior running around in game using Frostfang and Bolt in the offhand.

Oh, thank you! I was looking at it on the TP and the tooltip says “main hand”. Hence my concern.

Excellent! Back to grinding. Someday my mesmer will have two Bolts….

My 18 characters are waiting for outfits from GW1 like Tuxedos! WE GOT DWAYNA! =D
http://asuratime.tumblr.com/