Why so many coats for medium class?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

I don’t know if it’s just me, or if others have noticed this too, but all I seem to see as options for medium chests as human male characters are coats that ALWAYS cover our legs and our gluteus maximus.

Some of my friends even did a search and tried to find a chest piece that was short, and as shown in the attached picture, the t1 human cultural Scout’s coat was the shortest there was.

Now, that’s all very nice, but when you’re trying to go for a sleek, swift, almost lyrca-thin looking ninja outfit for an engineer, coats just don’t do the trick, and even with the shortest top, it still covers my t3 cultural gloves (which don’t show up with this top – of course) and part of my gluteus maximus and front are covered up.

Is it too much to ask for some medium tops

1) That show a bit of skin – perhaps some arms or abs
2) That don’t hide your gluteus maximus and front of your legs (many light armoured tops do, why not medium?)
3) That AREN’T COATS that go down to your boots or cover up every single square inch of your legs

I seriously don’t want to wear any top right now because I want to show my legs and boots – right now, it seems I’m just bombarded with lengthy coats, and until there are some nice short tops that show a bit of abs or arms, and don’t cover everything below the chest, I’m taking a stand and going shirtless.

PLEASE anet, make some short tops for the medium class.

Attachments:

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

(edited by Zaoda.1653)

in Suggestions

Posted by: EroticAndHeretic.7398

EroticAndHeretic.7398

It’s not the first topic about this, but it proves it bother many people.

When I compare Krytan armor or Aetherblade armor, female characters gets short tops while male characters gets trenchcoat.

It’s not Guild Wars related, but here is an artwork by Kekai Kotaki that could be cool on medium classes: http://www.kekaiart.com/uploads/5/4/7/6/5476798/5261237_orig.jpg

It needs some modifications of course, like the English Flag.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Shades.4572

Shades.4572

Agreed been posted time and time again. The choice of attire for medium class is basically do you want your basic trench coat, a trench coat with buckles, a trench coat with frayed edges, or let me see we have another trench coat here in the back that’s leafy. Granted there are a few as in 1-3 that aren’t trench coats.

It just really is discouraging trying to skin a medium class since essentially they all look the same. I get why medium is all trench coats they can be fitting for a ranger, engineer, and even a thief if you picture the whole tv show spy hiding in public in a trench coat and sunglasses. But let’s face it who want their Ranger, Their, and Engineer to all look the same.

in Suggestions

Zaoda.1653

The choice of attire for medium class is basically do you want your basic trench coat, a trench coat with buckles, a trench coat with frayed edges, or let me see we have another trench coat here in the back that’s leafy. Granted there are a few as in 1-3 that aren’t trench coats.

I lol’ed in real life! The sad part is that it is true and trench coats ARE our only options. Currently, anyway…

And phew, I thought it was just me. Good to know others are having the same thoughts on this issue!

(edited by Zaoda.1653)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sleel.8365

Sleel.8365

The choice of attire for medium class is basically do you want your basic trench coat, a trench coat with buckles, a trench coat with frayed edges, or let me see we have another trench coat here in the back that’s leafy. Granted there are a few as in 1-3 that aren’t trench coats.

I lol’ed in real life! The sad part is that it is true and trench coats ARE our only options. Currently, anyway…

And phew, I thought it was just me. Good to know others are having the same thoughts on this issue!

Not true. We have ONE armour option for our medium wearers that isn’t a coat.

Duelist, and all the named clones of it.

in Suggestions

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

two actually, human T3 is really made in the assassin style…….just a pity we don’t have an assassin to fill the gap, but i digress.

i don’t know why Anet is taking so long to think about new armors because a whole wiki is full of designs they can use, it’s even a wiki officially from them:

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Armor
(right side is a small menu, click on any of the profs to see the gallery)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sleel.8365

Sleel.8365

two actually, human T3 is really made in the assassin style…….just a pity we don’t have an assassin to fill the gap, but i digress.

i don’t know why Anet is taking so long to think about new armors because a whole wiki is full of designs they can use, it’s even a wiki officially from them:

One. Since only humans can wear the assassin set. For now. Till they decide to swath it in flames and sell it in the gem store.

in Suggestions

Zaoda.1653

I still consider it a coat if it covers ANY part of the legs though, and the duelist coat, from memory, does cover a bit of the legs.

in Suggestions

sorudo.9054

I still consider it a coat if it covers ANY part of the legs though, and the duelist coat, from memory, does cover a bit of the legs.

http://i.imgur.com/Uv8dR.jpg
no leg covering here.

One. Since only humans can wear the assassin set.

that you play a different race doesn’t change the fact that it’s a second set.

in Suggestions

EroticAndHeretic.7398

Well, there is only TWO case where medium top does not cover legs at all: Female krytan armor and female assassin armor (not the cultural, but the exotic one).

Hopefully my engineer is a girl: http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2013/48/1385574234-gw564.jpg

in Suggestions

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Well, there is only TWO case where medium top does not cover legs at all: Female krytan armor and female assassin armor (not the cultural, but the exotic one).

Hopefully my engineer is a girl: http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2013/48/1385574234-gw564.jpg

Hopefully? You are hoping she is a girl?

She looks female to me, but one never knows now days.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Oniyui.8279

Oniyui.8279

There’s some nice coats in there they could use too.

Though I completely agree, even for the female medium armor. It’s amazing how many missed opportunities there are for decent medium skins that were ruined by making them coats… LOOKING AT YOU MAGITECH JERKIN

Seriously… the female Sylvari Medium Magitech Armor Skin… it doesn’t even look like it was a coat it’s just holding a buttcape on with snaps and straps… it even switches to vertical lines to ruin the pattern and adds a bunch of butt pockets because having them on your belt/pants is too hard with a coat on… /facepalm

It makes me want to gouge my eyes out.

in Suggestions

EroticAndHeretic.7398

Astral Projections: Well, I realise I didn’t meant that XD I totally forgot the word “Fortunately”.

Ah, the joy of living in a country with poor english skill: France!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Shades.4572

Shades.4572

Shades.4572:

I said 1-3 because there is a duelist karma shirt for males and females, and 2 more if you are a female the exotic Duelist and Krytan armor gemstore. So ya one if you are a male, tough luck boys.

Attachments:

(edited by Shades.4572)

in Suggestions

Posted by: WhiteAndMilky.2514

WhiteAndMilky.2514

MORE JACKETS. LESS TRENCHCOATS.

I play all the things 80. Pew Pew Pew. Killin joor commanders.
4 Warriors, 3 Rangers, 3 Mesmers, 2 Engineers, 2 Guardians, and Necro, Thf, Ele
-Beastygate Beast Milk, OG BG Veteran Native

in Suggestions

Posted by: Margarita Sublime.5708

Margarita Sublime.5708

Thank goodness I’m not the only one discouraged by medium armor. hard to look female when dressed head to toe in a trenchcoat and boots. Please give us more feminine and stylish choices. IMO only the light armors get any stylish choices at all.

in Suggestions

Zaoda.1653

http://i.imgur.com/Uv8dR.jpg
no leg covering here.

One. Since only humans can wear the assassin set.

that you play a different race doesn’t change the fact that it’s a second set.

Yes but I have a male character, not a female character, and furthermore, I shouldn’t have to change my gender just to get a lower cut version of supposedly the same coat (you only have to look at the amount of female characters in the “Post a picture of your Elementalist [Merged]” thread to realize many guys change their gender just to have a better looking, or even completely different, version of the same armour – or they would rather look at a female character is another possible reason…) – also, one should ask the question… why are some sets completely different when worn on another gender? Take phoenix armour for example, the female version has all this feathery winged stuff, the male version does not. If a new player were to ask a male and female both wearing phoenix armour what their armour was, they’d be shocked to find out it’s the same. To me, this also applies here – while there may be a short version top for the female (that goes no lower than the waist), the same cannot be said for the male (which covers a bit of the gluteus maximus and a bit of the front of your leggings). It’s a double standard.

(edited by Zaoda.1653)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

Because dusters and trenchcoats = bad***. The universal laws of videogame logic says so!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Adine.2184

Adine.2184

Isn’t it obvious ? The artists had medium skill with medium imagination in their medium .

in Suggestions

Posted by: Inimicus.7162

Inimicus.7162

Because dusters and trenchcoats = bad***. The universal laws of videogame logic says so!

Yet no armor in the entire game looks like Snake Pliskin did in Escape From LA
My personal favorite mediums are the Norn T1 and T3 sets, on females the T1 still comes awful close to being a trench/duster, but its not bad when mixed right. I just hate having to turn to T3 Human, Norn, or that duelist chest (none of who dye well with anything) with Vigil leggings (same dye issue) to attempt to break out of the trench warfare stalemate that medium armor has been locked in since launch. The recent gem store addition (who came out with “phalanx heavy” but name i forget) is probably their best stab yet at a full suit of medium without weirdness (norn t2 chest covers the forearms of gloves, and all of them just dont dye right), though I would still like to see something a bit more down to earth along the way, without the duster, weird, weird dye shading, strangely placed bits (vigil medium shoulder, im lookin @ U) or rather eye bending single bit (can’t get my head around the female human t3 with SANDALS (named Assassin’s BOOTS…really?) Don’t get me started on shoulders…. that old dead horse hasn’t any flesh left to beat. sigh

in Suggestions

Posted by: Synesence.7546

Synesence.7546

No Jackets, no trenchcoats, no armor with a bunch of flaps. I want fitting armor, wraps around my character perfectly to make him look sleek.

in Suggestions

sorudo.9054

IMO i find having a coat a good thing, they did to much of the same but still the option to have one is good.
however, the coats are made to much for a male character, female characters simply drown in the coats we have now.
http://s.cghub.com/files/Image/219001-220000/219330/522_max.jpg
that’s the max i would like to see, simple yet useful.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Adine.2184

Adine.2184

Yet no armor in the entire game looks like Snake Pliskin did in Escape From LA
My personal favorite mediums are the Norn T1 and T3 sets, on females the T1 still comes awful close to being a trench/duster, but its not bad when mixed right. I just hate having to turn to T3 Human, Norn, or that duelist chest (none of who dye well with anything) with Vigil leggings (same dye issue) to attempt to break out of the trench warfare stalemate that medium armor has been locked in since launch. The recent gem store addition (who came out with “phalanx heavy” but name i forget) is probably their best stab yet at a full suit of medium without weirdness (norn t2 chest covers the forearms of gloves, and all of them just dont dye right), though I would still like to see something a bit more down to earth along the way, without the duster, weird, weird dye shading, strangely placed bits (vigil medium shoulder, im lookin @ U) or rather eye bending single bit (can’t get my head around the female human t3 with SANDALS (named Assassin’s BOOTS…really?) Don’t get me started on shoulders…. that old dead horse hasn’t any flesh left to beat. sigh

If the norn T3 didnt have the but cape it wouldnt be bad .

in Suggestions

Posted by: Frostfang.5109

Frostfang.5109

I am Charr wearing Medium Armour.

Agree! There are WAY too many coats for medium. There is only ONE good looking set of medium armor IMO that doesnt make a big tent out of my legs on my Charr.

I’m waiting to find something (goodlooking) to change into since I have had my armour for a while now…:/

Kima & Co